Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This is all total loving chaos.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/890684238097518594

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

:raise:

https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/890685247616167937

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Crows Turn Off posted:

If he truly felt that way, he could just not vote for it!

Yeah I don't see how he doesn't see how very very very very very easily this could be used against him.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

17% support.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

People are idiots with short memories. And their base will welcome giving away their health care coverage as long as it makes liberals upset and gives dear leader a "win."

I don't disagree. It's just insane to me that we can consider the US a democracy when a bill this unpopular passes.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Your Taint posted:

It's still a democracy. It's just up to we the people to let our reps know we're loving PISSED, and there have to be enough of us to make a difference.

Despite active voter suppression, gerrymandering, and barriers to voting, the Democrats still got 3 million more votes than the Republicans and this still happened. This isn't democratic rule.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's not even worth debating single payer now. Any Dem presidential candidate that doesn't support it in 2020 will effectively forfeit the primaries.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Dems are dumb but I'm sick of hearing about it every time the Republicans do something horrendous unilaterally. Jay Leno is as culpable as whatever entities "the Dems" is supposed to mean at this point.

https://twitter.com/loisbeckett/status/890785290255613952

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

anime was right posted:

d&d is a trash forum for idiots who think decorum is more important than human lives, peace.

McCain is even a bigger piece of poo poo for giving me a 1% glimmer of hope right now

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

McCain if you're seriously going to vote no, which you obviously won't, don't tease us with this loving show bullshit

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Prophecy0 posted:

If McCain votes no it will be like a WWE heel (face?) turn. I don't think he will but it would be hilarious.

I'll personally build a monument to Chuck Todd and the discourse gods if that wretch actually does the right thing in a big spot

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I was with you goons when McCain pulled off whatever loving stunt he is about to pull

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If McCain votes yes I don't know how body language twitter recovers

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

I hosed up I'm actually hoping

Im weak

Hard same.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Is this just going to be the biggest McCain maverick fake of all time? The rear end in a top hat keeps us up until 2:00 for a flashy demonstration of deep concern?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I can't loving believe Chuck Todd owned me so hard

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I might weep

Oh my god

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm guessing Trump has been proposing a bunch of really dumb rear end ideas and the stock line his people are using is, “Great idea, but drat, it will never get past the Dems' filibuster.”

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

haghaghhhhahahahahhhhahvbuie vuu bahghaha ahahahahhahahahahhhahahah

Always remember every pundit that talked about how "slick" he was.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If Trump just pivots to ritualistically ruining the lives and reputations of finance blowhards in less than two weeks then he will be a good president.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Soooo... what the gently caress.

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/892495477379391490

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

awesmoe posted:

What's what the gently caress worthy about it?

Only five Democrats voted against Trump's hand-picked FBI replacement.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Giggy posted:

How come the Dems didn't stop it!!!! <- not sincere.

No one's asking them to stop it, but you'd think there might be just a liiiiiiiittle more resistance to Trump picking his own FBI director after, you know, the whole Comey thing. But I'm sure the guy who represented Chris Christie during Bridgegate is on the level.

evilweasel posted:

all of his hand-picked fbi replacements were quietly killed by republicans in the senate (christie, guilani, lieberman, conyrn, some others) telling trump they were unconfirmable

I mean, do we know this? I didn't think any of those ever extended past anything more than just Twitter rumors.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

evilweasel posted:

40 senate democrats wouldn't have voted for him if they believed that's what he was going to do and i trust their ability to evaluate people better than i trust trump's

You're probably right, but then I don't understand why they didn't put up at least token resistance or why they gave out five hall passes.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

awesmoe posted:

You're saying you dont want them to vote against every potential fbi director, just the ones nominated by the president. that's...I hope you can see the problem there.

anyway, why vote against when he picks someone broadly acceptable?

Because it's bad optics, I guess.

I think you're probably right and evilweasel listing off the names connected to the post makes me think I probably bought a line intended to fool Trump when he was described as "hand-picked".

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Nothing will ever, ever replace the Mooch high, but Stephen Miller as press secretary would be an acceptable methadone.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

piss tape

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/892860332955369472

You've got to be kidding me with this poo poo.

Primary Cuomo. (I know he doesn't have any control over this, but I stand by the sentiment.)

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Is this as bad as I think it is?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

evilweasel posted:

yes. basically a backdoor way to jail reporters who write about leaks, they don't actually expect the reporters to give up their sources.

Welp, I suppose it was only a matter of time, really.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder, weather.gov is great and you should use it.

edit: wunderground is also good. I'm sure goons have some other good weather sites/apps, post your favorite/recommendations.

Don't use weather.com, because they do clickbait,/name all big storm bullshit. Don't use accueweather because it's owned by a libertarian poo poo that wants to make an entire licensing and accreditation system for things like thermometers.

Ugh, the site is loving hideous, though.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I feel like most days I've become numb to this horror show, but my loving god. Contemptible. Absolutely loving disgusting and one of the most cynical, cowardly, and disgraceful evenings in modern American history.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

He seriously had to reframe the entire affair so he can say that HE dumped Steph, not the other way around.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/juddlegum/status/928082379725594624

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What was Trump's rationale for firing Flynn at the time? I thought he's been saying "it's because he lied to Pence" for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fox News just called it

• Locked thread