Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Don't have hope guys. Do yourselves a favor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I think the "show" McCain was referring to was the juke he just pulled on all the dems.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
God drat you McCain, I've been looking forward to buying a bottle of Rượu to celebrate the moment you're finally burning in Hell. You're really such a piece of poo poo you'd deny me that satisfaction?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean if i was mccain id vote no just because im literally dying and its my last chance to go down in history as a maverick, whatever that means

if there's even an outside chance of him voting no, its that, not any sudden empathy he's developed

Prophecy0
Jun 27, 2004

If McCain votes no it will be like a WWE heel (face?) turn. I don't think he will but it would be hilarious.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Did you guys know that John McCain is a MAVERICK?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hail Satan!!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

This is not the actual vote, y'all, this is just a vote to send it back to committee that will probably fail

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Prophecy0 posted:

If McCain votes no it will be like a WWE heel (face?) turn. I don't think he will but it would be hilarious.

heels are the baddies, faces are the good guys

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
gently caress JOHN CORNYN HOLY gently caress

This dumb, disingenuous mother fucker just used Texas as an example of why Obamacare is a failure.

He had the audacity to talk about people making under 25k being unable to afford coverage and having to pay the individual mandate penalty.

WHEN HIS DUMB loving STATE TURNED DOWN THE MEDICAID EXPANSION

Jesus loving christ.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

dwarf74 posted:

Holy poo poo if McCain kills this I will take back about a third of the bad things I planned to say about him in the future.

I'm feeling generous. I'd take back..... 2/3 of the bad things I said about McCain the last few months.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
come on guys, don't trust mccain for a second here

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Glumslinger posted:

Constantly shits on Lieberman and Manchin, but wants to recruit people significantly further to the right of either of them

(I'm not opposed to them flipping if they want, but I still can't loving figure you out)

I'm not being inconsistent. This is about raw political power.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hope is a lie. They are milking the drama because they are all Trump now. If McCain votes no it's only because Murkowski is caving to interior threats and voting yes.

McCain voting No and Murkowski voting Yes would be loving bananas and the exact sort of ending the hellworld timeline deserves

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

twice burned ice posted:

This dumb, disingenuous mother fucker just used Texas as an example of why Obamacare is a failure.

He had the audacity to talk about people making under 25k being unable to afford coverage and having to pay the individual mandate penalty.

Jesus loving christ.

Texas elected person is poo poo who knew?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

fsif posted:

McCain if you're seriously going to vote no, which you obviously won't, don't tease us with this loving show bullshit
You know with how much Trump has poo poo on him, and with him being almost for sure not running again, he might want to make Trump eat a bag of dicks

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Prophecy0 posted:

I'll personally build a monument to Chuck Todd and the discourse gods if that wretch actually does the right thing in a big spot

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

twice burned ice posted:

Jesus loving christ.

Anyone who cared enough to watch this would know the difference

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

nerdz posted:

come on guys, don't trust mccain for a second here

Seriously, when was the last time he voted against his party on anything that loving mattered

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Is the vote happening? ! ?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its more likely that loving pence votes no than mccain does

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

DC Murderverse posted:

This is not the actual vote, y'all, this is just a vote to send it back to committee that will probably fail

This is correct.

THIS IS NOT THE VOTE.

This is a motion to commit, which will probably fail.

Prophecy0
Jun 27, 2004

Endorph posted:

heels are the baddies, faces are the good guys

Yes but as far as the Republicans are concerned he would be turning heel.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The hard truth is that the people who are going to benefit from single payer, the poor, are not the white middle class assholes that elected Trump. If we are going to push for that then those people are going to have to grow a humanity.

Lot of poor people voted Trump. They just hate Obama more than they enjoy having affordable health insurance.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

"The Vote" will probably be after this fails.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Hollismason posted:

Is the vote happening? ! ?

This vote is on sending it back to committee.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Does it matter if this current vote to send back to committee succeeds or fails?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
So then do they vote on it?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
someone link a live stream

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

fsif posted:

I'll personally build a monument to Chuck Todd and the discourse gods if that wretch actually does the right thing in a big spot

I would make a whole lot of nice posts about McCain and forgive him for some of his more stupid/evil maneuvers.

Still won't happen though.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
If McCain kills this I wish him a quicker and slightly less painful death.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

someone link a live stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrsLzhAuaz0

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich
McCain pulling a Budd Dwyer is the only thing that can redeem him.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

dwarf74 posted:

You know with how much Trump has poo poo on him, and with him being almost for sure not running again, he might want to make Trump eat a bag of dicks
I would never expect anyone in this party to do the right thing for the right reasons.

Maybe... just maybe their bottomless hate can fuel one of them into doing the right thing entirely out of spite.

Hoping on spite and hatred to see us through. This is where we're at.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

If this vote actually did succeed though, this would (probably but not 100%) kill Trumpcare pretty loving dead.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I bet mccain was jerking Schumer around on purpose just to be a dick because apparently republicans have no higher thought processes than that

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, so how did they get Heller to vote yes on this?

"We can't pass the bill you want because the hardliners want Medicaid cuts, so we'll tell the far right to vote for this stupid bill and the conference committee will write the bill they want, but then we'll double-cross them (the fools!) and totally write the bill you want. Heh heh heh."

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Sneakster posted:

McCain pulling a Budd Dwyer is the only thing that can redeem him.

Brain matter splatters in a red "Yea" on the wall, bill proceeds to the house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Prophecy0 posted:

It can't be a full heel turn unless he also goes independent.

• Locked thread