Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I propose that Trump is a bad president: Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

FAKE NEWS!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Tatsuta Age posted:

Didn't McDonald's make pizzas for a sec

Yes, they were capitalising on the popularity of the teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I doesn't recollect if he remembers.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I know he's old, but the print on his prepared statement is in like 24 point.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Scurrilous!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Um, you know, there's personnel things happening.

lol

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

there's one book in there that should ever be anywhere near a public high school or, really, people in general.

Not just one.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/benjaminwittes/status/878262080201031680

Heller switching parties would be a massive development. Doubt it'll happen, though.

OTOH it would be cool to have another Mormon Democrat here. Maybe 2 is enough to start a trend!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Part of the solution is to stop the trillions of dollars spent subsidizing loans for college degrees in Basket Weaving and Eskimo Poetry. STEM Degrees and MBAs should be the only degrees that qualify for subsidized loans. The rest goes into healthcare.

The basket weavers and dietician subsidies cost twice as much, because after funding their degree they have to have their healthcare subsidized due to their inability to save.

You're such a lovely troll sometimes.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Louisiana Famous Fried Chicken was the best fried chicken. *sigh*

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

There Bias Two posted:

Electric and acoustic have drastically different sounds, so I wouldn't consider them redundant. If I had 7 on the other hand...

I have 8 guitars, 4 of which I take on the road with me.

I only have the 1 gun, tho

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

pacerhimself posted:

Do you have a guitar with a Bigsby tremolo?

Not anymore :(

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Dejawesp posted:

Do gays still get kicked out of the scouts?

Only in the Mormon troops.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Like literally every male in my family has been military in one form or another as far back as records are kept, back to the 1400s. One grandpa was at Pearl Harbor (shore not ship) then got deployed on a destroyer during the rest of the Pacific Campaign. After that he got transferred to a desert outpost for the rest of his career. Other grandpa was a little younger and started doing cold warrior stuff with bombers, first in Korea and then in North Dakota. He rode the defense contractor pony until retirement after that.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

boner confessor posted:

its a perfect derail because everyone has an opinion or something to contribute and nobody cares enough to read it so you just scroll past instead of saying "this is dumb"

You're dumb and your face is dumb.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Punch all the Nazis.
Break all the Windows.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I ate a cow heart in peru

I make anticuchos like once a month at least. Awesome stuff.

Is that Inka Kola in the background?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

Let's just have Left Scouts and Right Scouts and get it over with.

Well, we kind of do already, and that's what's driving this.

The Mormon troops are, and have been, essentially their own organization. They have different rankings, different rules, etc. This accelerated a lot once the BSA started being more inclusive. In fact, it accelerated to the point that the Mormon troops have made serious threats about pulling out of the national organization and going their own way. Were that to happen, the BSA would have a very serious membership problem, so opening to girls is seen as the best way to address that.

A lot of the national organization leadership is pretty liberal, and has been working a long time to bring the Scouts into the modern world. I see this is a fantastic thing.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Prester Jane posted:

The Mormon influence on the Boy Scouts is a goddamned plague and one of the nastiest little secrets in the modern US. While not all Mormons are cultists at heart a fair loving few of them are and a disproportionate amount of cultist Mormons have found refuge for their activities by disguising it behind the fabric of the Boy Scouts. Someday soon I am going to do a thread on the no-bullshit cult hazing/initiation ritual that I was put through at a major Boy Scout Camp that was actually owned and operated by the Mormon Church. The group running the cult-initiation rituals at this camp was also a nest of pedophiles that were using portions of the ritual to recruit/condition/coax victims. (I knew one of the ones that committed suicide as a result of the abuse he experienced at the hands of this nest of pedophiles.)

If you are curious you there is a pretty good investigative article that a local outfit did into the abuses a few years back. As you can imagine this only touches the surface of what was going on behind the scenes, but what they go into is pretty loving damning. A Brave Never Tells: Strange and Erotic Tales from inside the Boy Scouts most secret society.

That article is nuts. I was in OA, and we're supposed to be the secret society type scout people, but this pipestone poo poo is completely out of step with the rest of scouting.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Uhh...

Thanks for the other responses though.

Kusturica can make up for this by releasing the Maradona film on some sort of streaming service.

Mr. Wiggles fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 18, 2017

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

lollin until i cry at 500 dollar mortgages and 800 dollar rentals.

A thousand times this.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Your Taint posted:

$720/month mortgage, and that's with the property tax escrow. 1,800 sq foot 4 bed 2 bath house in SE Wisconsin.

The tradeoff is a) my house is in kind of a lower working-class area and not very scenic or pretty, and b) I have a very small lot. My "backyard" is literally just my driveway.

That's a $750k house in Reno, right now. Or a 2200/month rental.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

TyroneGoldstein posted:

What kind of economic impulse is going on in Reno that would demand that? Is it just embezzlement money were talking about here or is there some red hot industry that is just exploding?

Tesla and a bunch of silicon valley refugees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Push El Burrito posted:

I heard the Wiggles actually did 9/11.

Wait what?

• Locked thread