Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

lol did you think he was talking to you or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

titanium posted:

Isn't this extremely similar to the motivation behind the Sharon Tate murder? Make it look like black people did it to start the race war?

Most likely. There are genuine race/religion-baiting false flag ops going on by the Right as they get antsy.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What moments have caused the most :f5: in Trump thread history?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

RiggenBlaque posted:

This feels a little embarrassing to ask, but what specifically did Joe Lieberman do that everyone hates him? I live in CT and it seems like literally everyone in the state despises him.

Killed the public option during the Democrat wave of 2009-ish.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Piell posted:

Devos just said that states are able to allow schools to discriminate against LGBT students, and that she couldn't come up with any situation that the federal government would step in due to discrimination.

https://twitter.com/edvotes/status/867416921557409794

Down with da 'vos.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rigel posted:

GOP is playing the low expectations game for tomorrow, trying to set it up so they can spin any victory, even a couple points, as good news.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/24/montana-special-election-quist-gianforte-238746

Won't work if they don't win. :unsmigghh:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Surprise surprise, it's even worse.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

B B posted:

If you think the 20% premium increase is crazy:

https://twitter.com/sarahkliff/status/867482139566145536

Mother of god.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Crows Turn Off posted:

"Fox News said the DEMONCRATS did this! Better keep voting for Republicans!"

This. People are stupid.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Charliegrs posted:

Sorry to interrupt state-cultural difference chat but there's some Trump admin news. Apparently Sessions didn't disclose meetings with the Russians on his security clearance form:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/jeff-sessions-russian-officials-meetings/index.html

This has been known since his confirmation hearing.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

FizFashizzle posted:

BBQ in montana is probably poo poo anyway

I could understand if this was North Carolina....

This will be a delicious, delicious derail.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I never truly had BBQ until I experienced vinegar-based BBQ sauce

Ugh, yes. Vinegar-based sauce is my favorite. A bunch of that on a brisket sandwich will keep me happy for days.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Tatsuta Age posted:

save us bernie-sama

I believe in you Bernie-san.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh man if Hannity sinks I will be so happy.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

theflyingorc posted:

....I don't have confidence, you giant moron. My entire point is that this is still up in the air. One of us is "Hillary can't possibly lose" in this argument, and it isn't me.

Why do you start every single one of your posts with an ellipsis?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zil posted:

It is tribal/team mentality. If you are not on my side, you are not equal to me and are not deserving of any rights.

We only ever thought we evolved past cavemen.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Radish posted:

Libertarianism for me. Authoritarianism for everyone else.

Basically this.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ballz posted:

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/868256213582196738

So umm... if I were Jared I'd be considering an extended vacation in the Swiss Alps right about now.

This might matter, but it will be a long while until we find out if it does.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Am I going insane? Is this official really this obviously loving stupid?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Trump is a rich white guy who for years has had to rely on foreign investment for his business dealings. The IC won't give that the same amount of scrutiny as a major civil rights figure but they'd absolutely be keeping tabs on it, and when he announced his candidacy he'd be a very high priority for them to dig in to. If they don't have thousands of pages of info on Trump (and thousands more on the rest of his hosed up family) I'd be truly amazed. They have hundreds of pages even on small time cult leaders most people have never heard of. They're going to have tons on actual people who matter because it's their job to do so.

The question isn't about what intelligence they have, it's about whether they'll act on it, and if they do, to what extent. I highly doubt the FBI or CIA will treat Trump the same way they treated MLK.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I really, really want Kushner to fall alongside all this as well.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

He truly became president with that tweet

I'm still pissed about Van Jones saying this exact thing.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Filthy Hans posted:

Me too, I thought he was one of the few cable talking heads who actually knew what he was talking about, and then he committed career suicide and I don't even have a shred of empathy for his fall from grace

Did he do something other than the aforementioned quote? I didn't really pay attention to him after that.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Starting to get really impatient that the WH hasn't outright imploded yet.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Sesq posted:

I feel more comfortable eating at places that have calorie counts and am more likely to eat there than those that don't. I measure how many calories I eat roughly and decide what is and isn't a good tradeoff. I can easily avoid getting fat at fast food restaurants and from home cooking, but those sitdown places will getcha, even if they claim to be healthy. Don't know what you're getting, or how much of it

Sit-down places are never good places to eat if you wanna be sure you're healthy.

It is not a surprise that companies lie their asses off about calorie counts.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Blitz7x posted:

Hasn't the Democratic party kinda soft shoed away from gun control?

Honestly, it's for the best. Gun control is not a hill worth dying on at this point in time.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Did Hannity ever get booted?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

8 pages over a goddamn typo. I'm going back to sleep.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Booyah- posted:

may you never wake

same tho

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Glazier posted:

Look everyone, the New Republic figured out what Dems need to do to win in 2018, just double double down on conservative centrism!

https://newrepublic.com/article/142372/elitism-liberalisms-biggest-problem

:barf::barf::barf:

quote:

First of all, middle Americans go to church. Not temple. Church. 

Haha what the gently caress :godwin:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I should move.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chilichimp posted:

At this point, I'm not sure that's tinfoil territory. Hannity is probably gonna be fired anyway. His daily presser can be held on his nationally syndicated radio show where he has mute buttons and can yell at the reporters while they can't defend themselves.

Did Hannity ever come back from "vacation"?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chilichimp posted:

My paternal grandmother was the child of Swedish immigrants. The Nords seem to have a good meme game, so I guess I'm going to move my family back to my ancestral homeland before too long.

America is toast.

If it wasn't for my birth certificate having incorrect information on it that's unlikely to be overwritten by the Italian government, I'd have EU citizenship. :smith:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm also a little worried about Maddow, since someone brought up poisoning.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

An atheist Japanese salaryman, in the moment of being murdered, is confronted by a self-righteous entity he refers to as "Being X" who condemns the man for not believing that "Being X" is God and sentences him to be reborn in a world that is similar to WWI Europe mixed with early aspects of World War II and magic, in an empire torn apart by countless wars with all nearby countries. The salaryman is reborn as a girl, Tanya Degurechaff. According to "Being X", if she's not able to die a natural death, or she refuses to have faith in Him, her soul will leave the circle and be sent to hell for the countless sins that Tanya has committed in her previous life. In search for an escape, Tanya decides to enter into the Empire's Mages Division and fight in the world war, hoping to reach a high enough rank as fast as possible to remain far from the battlefield and in this way avoid the risk of being killed. Even if she's now forced to speak with a young girl's lisp, Tanya soon turns into a ruthless soldier who prioritizes efficiency and her own career over anything else, even the lives of those beneath her, especially those that get on her bad side.

I remember it being okay.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I really hope none of you ever have to live in Boston. Good 1brs run ~$1900 to start depending on the area.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jaxyon posted:

Check out the map I posted. LOL if you think a good 1br at under $2k is bad when talking to people in Cali

Cali is one of the few exceptions, of course.

I should just get a house. It's cheaper than renting. Problem is, I live alone...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This man is not fit to be president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The Glumslinger posted:

No, if Ossoff loses, that is bad for democrats. This district is the exact kind of district they need if they plan to retake the House, traditionally red, but with changing demographics that was already luke-warm on Trump. Its the most expensive House race in US history, the democrats need to win this.

code:
2000 	President 	George W. Bush 68% - Al Gore 32%
2004 	President 	George W. Bush 70% - John Kerry 29%
2008 	President 	John McCain 62% - Barack Obama 37%
2012 	President 	Mitt Romney 61% - Barack Obama 38%
2016 	President 	Donald Trump 48% - Hillary Clinton 47%
This district HATES Trump, and if the dems cant capitalize on that, then they are hopeless (or atleast extremely likely to get hosed in 2018)

I have no faith in the democrats to not gently caress it up somehow. It's already looking like he will lose, which is the death knell.

• Locked thread