Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

mcmagic posted:

Untrue. Hayes is much better than Maddow. Maddow is barely a progressive and said she considered disgusting pig rapist Roger Ailes, "a friend." She's a careerist above all. Hayes has actually walked the walk.

This is right. Hayes is pretty clearly a leftist but plays a liberal on TV as you can't be a real leftist and have a prime time news show. Rachel has only been reporting on Russia for months and frequently skirts conspiracy theory territory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

RocktheCaulk posted:

Has anyone mentioned with the body slam that

A). Nothing Matters

I think at least one person knows that
https://twitter.com/bencjacobs/status/692155362552778752

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Bhaal posted:

I love this part. You're gonna love it too.

Are you ready?

https://twitter.com/bencjacobs/status/692155362552778752

This one's a little older and I remember it getting posted in this forum

https://twitter.com/EricTeetsel/status/689120119989997568

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Willo567 posted:

Isn't his lawyer part of the investigations as well now?

Different lawyer. Marc Kasowitz is the lawyer in the Russia investigation, Michael Cohen is the lawyer who is a subject of the investigation.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Wark Say posted:

With a serious local catastrophe. He has proven that he's quite unable/unwilling to read the mood wrt international catastrophes/tragedies. Hell, has he said/tweeted anything on the Portland Stabbing victims?

There was a statement on the @POTUS account that was obviously not written by him. Nothing on @RealDonaldTrump, or heaven forbid, an actual live statement.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Pollyanna posted:

I'm really, really worried about this.

Take heart that she was a terrible candidate who already lost to King by 20 points last year. Maybe someone who can actually be competitive now will take her place.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I thought that was Reagan, and it was about delaying hostage release so he could take credit. Don't think it's proven though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_Surprise_conspiracy_theory

It was both:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Peace_Accords#Claimed_sabotage_of_negotiations_by_Nixon_campaign

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Drone posted:

What's up with the current White House counsel, btw? Is he a dyed-in-the-wool Trumpist or is he just another bureaucrat doing a job?

What kind of a splash would it make in the investigation if poo poo got too real even for the WHC and he bailed?

I don't think McGahn is a Trumpist but he is a republican hack. He used to work for Tom DeLay.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

There Bias Two posted:

I'd very much like to see their definition of millennial as well as their survey methodology.

Yeah, that # doesn't pass the smell test to me and I'm not signing up to see the full study. This study gives 35%.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Nonsense posted:

This is the first non-false flag shooting in years according to Paul Joseph Watson.

Imagine my shock!

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Elotana posted:

That's a little encouraging because Cruz/Lee/Paul and Capito/Collins/Murkowski are on opposite poles

on the other hand the same thing happened in the House and the moderates got bodied

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Rigel posted:

For those scoring at home, Paul, Lee, and Cruz are all on the "this bill is not evil enough" camp, and Murkowski, Collins, Capito, and Heller are firmly in the "this poo poo is too evil" camp. I'm not sure where Sasse, Cassidy, and Portman are coming from.

Its why we were hopeful before things started moving, there seemed to be too many Senators opposed for opposite reasons to the point where a compromise looked impossible. It could be the case that McConnell never had the votes but he felt like he was forced to at least try so that Trump wouldn't be mad at him.

Portman is a big Medicaid supporter so I'd put him in the 'bill is too evil' camp. I think Sasse is more in the pseudo-Libertarian Paul camp, though he's also in the 'gently caress over Trump' camp.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

FizFashizzle posted:

promote my waifu nicole wallace :3:

oh good i'm not the only one who's shamefully attracted to her

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
The weird Hillary-bot running against Paul Ryan has dropped out and endorsed Randy "Ironstache" Bryce. I'm glad this primary isn't going to turn into another boring Hillary/Bernie proxy war (unless they find another Hillary-bot)

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Petr posted:

What was that Jessica Roy tweet people were laughing about earlier in the thread? Whatever it was, she deleted it and apologized.

"My friend's husband died of glioblastoma in AZ. They wrote a letter to McCain begging for his help. He advised them to move"

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

quote:

Cohen-Watnick, dubbed “the man McMaster couldn’t fire,”

:thunk:

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

This is the next joker McMaster/Kelly needs to can.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Drunk Theory posted:

Oh guess I was too quick to judge then. So the coke button was actually a diet coke button?

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/257552283850653696?lang=en

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

glowing-fish posted:

I picked the right time to move to Chile, apparently.

I moved here I think two days before Trump ran the northeast primaries in April 2016.

Perfect timing.

What are your thoughts on the Andes as compared to Montana's mountains?

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Grapplejack posted:

I'm pretty sure this is just Trump.

To be fair I've never heard Trump use the word 'leftist'

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Cracker King posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4_0CCaDI-A

Holy cow, Chris Cantwell made a crying youtube video about finding out he has a warrant for his arrest.

I seriously don't know what the point of him posting this is. He looks incredibly weak and for some reason posts his phone # online??

I read a bit on him and apparently he's an alcoholic and seems to have borderline personality disorder, so maybe this is an extension of that

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
So haven't seen anyone post this...Trump's approval has gone up 3 points in Gallup the last 2 days. I assume all of the Charlottesville fallout is baked into these results so...nothing matters?

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

wow major free speech violation

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

evilweasel posted:

an evangelical finally decided they weren't cool with neonazis:

https://twitter.com/ARBernard/status/898661983146397700

We'll know he's in trouble if a white guy drops off this council.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Mr Interweb posted:

This dude's like Ben Shapiro duplicate that mutated slightly during the cloning process.

This dude is *nineteen*. He definitely touched an orb.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Covok posted:

I can see that. I do remember some guy on MSNBC with glasses mocking Trump as "the businessman president that business can't run away from fast enough." Is there a single promise Trump has managed to keep in office?

Deported a shitload of people
Pulled out of Paris accords
TPP i guess but all of the candidates were against that
Gorsuch (lol)

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

mcmagic posted:

Kristin Sienma would be a MUCH better senator than Joe Manchin and she's way to the right of what I would prefer. Manchin is uniquely awful.

Sinema is an atheist, would be interesting to see how that will play in a state-wide race.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

There Bias Two posted:

Has anything like this happened before?

Pretty sure Trump's order stated the SecDef could have input on implementing the order for people already serving.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Hollismason posted:

Wasn't the DNC trying to primary Bryce? or something? I know they don't seem to be really supportive.

The 'DNC guy' (David Yankovich) who ran against Ryan in 2016 and lost badly actually did a good thing and dropped out and endorsed Bryce as soon as Bryce started gaining steam

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

evilweasel posted:

i think the PM saw the island from the air and made up that number. he is not exactly...reliable:

https://twitter.com/ldobsonhughes/status/905510570698432512

Can't wait for the Alex Jones conspiracy theory about the entire population of Barbuda being replaced by actors

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Winkle-Daddy posted:

Second time ever Comey tweets. This seems extremely significant and I can't help but wonder what more there was to Trump's rant this morning. Time will tell.

https://twitter.com/FormerBu/status/920783485413060608

Sorry if I missed this being posted already, phone posting!

I thought the theory was Comey deleted the account when Ashley Feinberg doxxed him and someone else grabbed it.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Spacebump posted:

What would stop the ultra rich from taking a massive salary cut the year before they wanted to run?

You're right, it should be based on wealth not income.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

aware of dog posted:

So uh, it seems like Alex Jones got a legit scoop on these indictments:

[/quote]

Roger Stone is the link btwn the White House and Infowars and is also Manafort's best buddy

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Cythereal posted:

Pence is also firmly aligned with the religious wing of the Republicans, Bannon and friends not so much.

Bannon seems to have no problem pushing Roy Moore hard.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well thats possibly encouraging. probably not but possibly.

Everyone that I recognize signing that letter are the usual never-Trumper republicans. I don't think it means anything.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

I'm not seeing a denial here.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Charliegrs posted:

Is it possible Alabamans don't seem to care about Moore's pedophilia because it was with girls? Like if it was little boys he was messing around with maybe they would drop support in droves.

Oh who am I kidding, he's an R in Alabama he's going to get their votes and probably win no matter what.

Yep there's a reason the phrase is 'live boy or dead girl'. Live girl doesn't matter.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I assume PA18 is in bumfuck nowhere?

All you need to know is it's Rick Santorum's old district

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

God I wish Schneiderman would run for president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU