Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
That was a scary 15 minutes, I almost had to work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

This feels a little embarrassing to ask, but what specifically did Joe Lieberman do that everyone hates him? I live in CT and it seems like literally everyone in the state despises him.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Wow, I had no idea Lieberman had swung that far to the right. I came to the state right as his term was ending, thank god.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Rigel posted:

Regarding Trump not liking the 4 candidates and starting over on his FBI director search, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Trump asked each of them to swear an oath of loyalty and start yelling that the Russia probe is fake news, and all 4 of them went "uhhh..... no, this job was supposed to be politically independent so I won't do that."

I was thinking along the same lines and I think what scares me is that the Republican rank and file is so willing to go along with anything Trump does that all he needs to do is find one shill willing to pledge his loyalty and that's it. And how hard can it be to find that one guy when you're completely uninterested in finding someone who is actually experienced and competent enough for that position?

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I've seen this going around a lot lately without any mention that this happened in 2013

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

It's really starting to feel like Hannity has already decided he's leaving Fox News and is just trying to attract as large of a fanbase from the internet alt-right as he can before becoming a martyr and starting up his own internet show or something.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

I've never played a far cry game but that's the first one that sounds remotely interesting, dunno if there's even been a game with that premise. Feel like I'd have hears fox news or something going absolutely ballistic about it.

It's going to be a fun game but all the people who are excited about the plot of 5 are totally forgetting how awful and heavy handed the plots from 3 and 4 were

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Reince Priebus Sweating Secret Comey Memos, White House Sources Say

quote:

Three White House officials told The Daily Beast that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus has privately expressed worry about a possible Comey memo specifically involving one of their reported chats, and how it might play in the press and to investigators.
“Nervous laughter,” one official succinctly characterized Priebus’ demeanor in the midst of recent revelations.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

When Reagan was losing his mind, I assume there were staffers and people close to him just trying to prop him up for as long as possible?

edit: Actively trying to cover up his illness, is what I mean

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

That's really terrifying

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I've seen many, many confederate flags in Connecticut. And not just in really deep country parts of CT, but in wealthy suburbs outside major cities.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Deadulus posted:

Was the Jared thing before taking up office?

Yes, it says it took place in December

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

skylined! posted:

link? from a person tasked with implementing this law at the operations level, this sounds like bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE2lna5Wxuo

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I don't think I've seen this mentioned but our Spicey boy is resuming his press briefings today at 2pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT3be2QBmE4

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I hope someone asks Spicer why he didn't get to see the pope

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Office Pig posted:

This isn't meme death, this is meme murder.

He drowned it, or maybe hung it from a tree? Reports vary but he definitely killed it.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Second straight day Spicer abruptly called the briefing short after only a few questions. Apparently they dont realize they're just giving the press pool more reason to be hostile and aggressive.

Did the gaggle already happen? I didn't see the feed ever go live

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Yeah, I don't see the point of talking about Bannon's children. Trump's kids outside of Barron are one thing because they keep poking their noses into politics, but Bannon's haven't done anything so it's just gross to bring them up

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

This is a fun read

quote:

There have been a number of people who were identified as being in the running to get the job. And of that group, most have publicly withdrawn their names from contention.

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) withdrew from consideration May 15.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.) withdrew May 16.

Former FBI official Richard McFeely withdrew May 20.

Former Connecticut senator Joseph I. Lieberman withdrew May 25.

Those four withdrawals are hardly the only ones the Trump administration has seen. Three of Trump’s picks to head the Army and Navy have withdrawn from consideration, Vincent Viola (Army), Philip Bilden (Navy) and Mark Green (Army). His first pick to run the Labor Department withdrew. His pick for deputy treasury secretary withdrew, as did his pick for deputy commerce secretary. Trump’s first pick to run the Office of Drug Control Policy, Rep. Tom Marino (R-Pa.), withdrew. Monica Crowley, his pick for National Security Council spokesperson, withdrew. A lawyer on the shortlist for solicitor general withdrew.

Yahoo News reported Tuesday that four different major law firms declined to represent Trump in the investigations into his campaign’s possible relationship with Russian actors during the 2016 campaign.

Reporter Michael Isikoff explains a key reason for the firms’ decisions:

“[A] consistent theme, the sources said, was the concern about whether the president would accept the advice of his lawyers and refrain from public statements and tweets that have consistently undercut his position.”

Another factor cited was that representing Trump would “kill recruitment” for the firms — that, in other words, an association with Trump would hurt their bottom lines.

The Trump administration has a recruiting problem

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Spaced God posted:

Someone a few days ago said they would be interested in seeing who was still clinging to the sinking ship that is Trump:
https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/872120075104464896

I don't think I'll ever get over the shocking hypocrisy of Evangelicals supporting Trump, it's just too much to take in.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

What's the chance of Comey revealing something we don't already know tomorrow, small or big?

I'm putting my money on small. Comey seems like too much of a professional sort of guy that he's not going to go in there guns blazing. I think he'll confirm a lot about what we already know and that's it.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

She's better at evading the question than Trump is, at least. Awful as that is, it's competent villainy. Trump would've come right out and said something about how LGBTQ kids shouldn't be allowed an education with good Christians and then he would've called them a slur for good measure.

This isn't a realistic depiction of what Trump would say because you didn't mention anything about him bragging about his electoral college victory

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

awesmoe posted:

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/872252531312922624
Trump is keen to be a participant rather than just another viewer, two senior White House officials said, including the possibility of taking to Twitter to offer acerbic commentary during the hearing.
:bisonyes:

Well the good news is that Trump is a fat, out of shape, feeble old man with a fear of stairs, so I doubt he can punch very hard

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Ekster posted:

Nixon speedrun now with live commentary from Trump.

Twitch Plays Watergate

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I really, really like that Comey points out that he realized in the very first meeting with Trump that he needed to write down every single thing that happened between the two of them - something he didn't feel he needed to do with Obama.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

The pee tape comes out, Christie goes on television talking about "normal New York City sex acts"

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

happyhippy posted:

Motherfucking Huff Post stream stops when you are not watching the stream, I want to listen to it, not watch it.
loving cunts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yry9PV3DNfw

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Increasingly clear that Trump's lawyer is actually Jack Kelly.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Is there someone out there Trump could replace Sessions with who would somehow be even worse than Sessions? Somehow?

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Place your bets now on how long they can keep him off Twitter.

late tonight / extremely early tomorrow morning. Need to give it time so Donny can walk around the white house in his bathrobe feeling lonely, isolated and frustrated.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

Numbers guy.

https://i.imgur.com/C3jwFHv.jpg No one cares about this one.

On the topic of embarrassing photos, someone in the previous Trump thread posted a really hilariously awful family photo of the Huckabees that wasn't this awful one:

I think it was a Christmas photo, but I can't seem to find it online.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

A (Republican) woman is currently leading among white males in the GA-06 special election. I don't want to extrapolate anything from that, but I don't think womanhood is immediately disqualifying.

Was it this one?

Haha, that's it! I love that photo so much, I totally forgot about that poor dog's 1000 yard stare, I can only imagine what horror's he's seen. I like to imagine the photographer told them to smile and each one of Huckabee's fugly rear end kids tried their best but only Sarah knew that normal people smile with their teeth (although she's fuzzy on the details).

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

He's going to tell people if there are tapes "over a short period of time?" What type of phrasing is that

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

EwokEntourage posted:

Questions?
1 billion in private money
Next question
Next question

Next question
Ivanka Trump

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

arbybaconator posted:

Who is this guy at the press briefing? Where is Spicey?

Labor secretary, talking before Spicer comes on again

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

YES CHINESE BEEF TALK

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think Spicer has just finally realized that there is no point in sticking his neck out trying to defend a president who will very likely hours later contradict anything he says at that podium and then blame Spicer for screwing up. It seems like his press briefings the last couple weeks have even more "speaks for itself," "i think the president was very clear", etc deflections than ever before.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

He's just acting weird because he's distracted trying to think of new ways to disenfranchise black people

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

He was shocked, SHOCKED to find out that there were reports the Russians were talking to the Trump campaign. SHOCKED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Wow, I guess that super PAC is already putting out those heller ads, I just got this

• Locked thread