Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just remembered this game was a thing and got it today, this loving owns.

if you are a good and want play come my discord https://discord.gg/GHvtWfM

I will be in the voice chat, if there is already a central one let me know and I'll come there. I'd search more but I'm the MG and I'm playing atm.

soy fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Would this game be a recommend for me? I was pretty active in all the Battlefield games, up until BF1, which just didn't click with me. (not because of the setting, it just didn't have that certain something) Looking for something a bit different, while still being somewhat in the Battlefield-style neighborhood.

I've played every BF game since 1942 at least 100hrs and I enjoy this game. I also enjoyed RO1, RO2 (somewhat).

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well I played about 20 hours of this since getting it. loving amazing game.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hexenritter posted:

Just got this game and I'm looking forward to di di mauing behind the yankee pig lines and getting beaucoup kills :getin:

I just hide in the bathroom with a shotgun pretending to poo poo as VC until the point gets over-run and then creep out and shoot people in the back. I get so many kills on cu chi city with this tactic it's not even fair. Sometimes you have to kill one or two people randomly walking in but nobody ever thinks to mount a massive offensive on the bathroom.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UnknownMercenary posted:

Is there any reason to take #4? I assume it's more pellets for less damage each, and it feels like I have way more success with 00. It could just also be because I'm an awful shot :v:

I'm also wondering if C4 has any special role besides just as an explosive you can plant somewhere and trigger later.

I've been throwing a lot of C4 and have blown up nothing but Charlie. That said, the gibbing effect it has on Charlie is top notch.

I almost threw up in my mouth when I put a stick around a corner in a tunnel and touched it off only to see 3 BBQ Charlie slap into the wall on my left and leave blood spatter everywhere.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you aren't listening to music while playing this and getting high off heroin/hash and drinking tons of beer you're playing wrong.

Here's a playlist for you: https://open.spotify.com/user/enemylol/playlist/6rtZxtbmFn3FXK9j8Clc3E

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GyverMac posted:

Also, Anybody actually seen a trap when playing as a pointman? Sometimes when playing pointman, my character bark out some audio cues about there being traps on the ground, but I never actually see any traps.

Yea I seen em, right before drunkenly blundering into them.

Hamlet442 posted:

I try to place as many trap as possible. I agree that they're underutilized. The best time to place traps is when you've just lost the points and need to retreat to defend another position. Nobody places traps and just tries to hang out to shoot GIs in the back.

Yup, make sure not to put them too close together. Any kinda grenade or whatever will clear them.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Been streaming/playing a poo poo ton of this game.

https://www.twitch.tv/s_o_y

Mostly just for my few friends but whatever.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bees everywhere posted:

If people stopped voting for Hue City it would feel like there are twice as many maps.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mega Comrade posted:

I see custom maps have started showing up on servers :)

Anywho, patch tomorrow.

Reminder of the changes

http://steamcommunity.com/games/418460/announcements/detail/2072067834392318057

Ah yes, custom maps. The classic "bunch of random arms and dogs and you only get a shotgun" and "a bunker in a totally flat open field". Truly classics for the ages.

The only 60hz server I know of just loves these maps!

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kenzie posted:

Yeah I'm starting to think I should just disable it entirely as well. I've seen some people actually try to talk to their squad and coordinate, but usually it's just bullshit and I would rather it be quiet so I can be more aware of my surroundings and hear footsteps more easily and so on.

I have played a lot of hours (around level 30 now) and I have never once had anything useful said on VOIP. Sometimes commander asks for a thing here or there but if you've played a lot it's really obvious where marks need to be and you don't need to talk about this.

I'm hoping to get my friends to play so we can coordinate but that'd be discord...

I just drown out the peoples dumbass voices with my vietnam playlist so it's just kinda background noise anyways.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Das Butterbrot posted:

it's not trying to. bf games are much, much more arcadey than redorchestra style games. this is a game for ppl who liked ro/ro2 and it does that pretty well imo.

Ya it's a totally different game style than BF and I think they did a real solid job here.

As was the case in RO it is really, really important to play on a server with good players... And the groups of good players are still kinda moving around a lot in this, so it's super hit or miss.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Popete posted:

This game could use like a bunch more maps. How did they ship this with only 5 maps?

I mean there is firebase and compound but no one ever plays those cause they suck.

Making maps is hard. Look at their patch notes though they certainly aren't slacking.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ded posted:

Not to take you all away from racism chat but

The new patch put in a cool new bug. If your commander force spawns you (rapid deploy/ambush) there is a high chance you will spawn and your screen will immediately go black like you're dead.
The only way I've found to fix it is ~suicide

Yep had this happen :(

Also loving stop ambush spawning me at the worst possible spawn when I am using squad tunnels >_<

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ganglysumbia posted:

Is there any word of a campaign mode? That was one of the main draws of RO2/RS for me. I know Vietnam was not that type of war, so maybe they could change it up a bit.

I'd kill for any kinda good persistent game like this.

• Locked thread