Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Cannot wait to get my face smashed by closed beta veterans full of kegs when the MMR resets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ciri complains when you play more cards when you already won in the final round :allears:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Opened Ragh Nar Roog on like my fifth pack from closed beta :pray: thank you CDPR

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Just to be clear, Ciri is still a level-up reward correct?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Minrad posted:

Unless the generic "card"s on the rewards table are the old level up rewards of a specific cards, maybe not. No way to know for a few weeks until people level up again. I'd probably take the Ciri either way.

e: She used to be a level 18 reward, the new reward at 18 is a keg. There is "1x cards" at level 20, but you're probably super safe to grab that Ciri.

Yeah I don't think I would play a Kambi deck anyway. Done

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

After 28 kegs I manage to get Raag Nar Roog, a Ciri and a premium Avallac'h as my legendaries, not bad at all, I'm liking the ratio of these things

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Or not to show you the stats/keywords if they spawn other units

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So Nilfgaard is the new hotness but can I use the Reveal archetype with it?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I have a Premium Avallac'h, is there any serious deck that uses him? I hated him in Witcher 3 and could use some excuse to dust this legendary

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Like this is what I'm playing right now as using the Reveal with Morvran. Since I managed to open Stefan in a pack I put him in instead of Avallac'h so I for sure get certain cards like Ragh Nar Roog. But maybe since the deck is still kinda poo poo I should just use Avallac'h and possibly gently caress up other decks draw plans like RatHat said?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

No Wave posted:

Is Cahir really worth it with Morvran?

Sometimes I want to get value from my Fire Scorpions AND cycle the Daerlan Foot Soldiers.

Also it's fun revealing the enemy hand :v:

What would I replace him with?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:smithicide:

Is that queensguard deck still decent? This feels like a tough choice because I know Ithlinne is really good

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

If you're unsure which faction to focus I would go with Ocvist, he baits out removal at the very least and gives you card advantage even if he doesn't hit many enemies

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Xtanstic posted:

Are Crones good? It feels like a trap given that decks are limited to 6 silvers. My brother has been complaining that he lacks flexibility since he has 3 crones + weather/lock mages.

In closed beta I played monsters all the time and the crones were a solid opening play + deck thinning was good.

They're probably still good for that function now in open beta I guess, but I havent played Monsters yet.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

gently caress yes full Ithlinne scrap value

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Turin Turambar posted:

Hah, we have pretty different meaning of 'generous'.

To win 18 rounds of Gwent (for two kegs) you need to play around two hours every day. That's a lot. Don't you people work, or go out, or read books, or play other videogames? Stop playing 5 hours of Gwent :getout:
And even with two kegs, after the first 25 kegs or so, most of the cards will be duplicates. In my last 6 kegs I didn't have any interesting card.

In other words, no, I don't think it's too generous. I would leave the game if it was anymore grindy.

look everything looks more generous after playing hearthstone ok

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh god gently caress this consume monsters bullshit, it's closed beta all over again :suicide:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

that feel when the deck you most have fun is a tier 3 deck....

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

worst thing is consume monsters was what I played in closed beta and when open beta started I had the genius idea to switch to Nilfgaard instead :suicide:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Goddamn Skelliege really has some stupid cards and they're everywhere, like cockroaches. I'll stop playing this until the next balance patch because holy poo poo

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

mages are degenerates getting what they deserve

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Subvisual Haze posted:

The game would probably benefit from a larger user base in addition to the obvious balance concerns. Or maybe even more expensive cards/milling, loathe as I am to suggest that. You pretty quickly seem to hit a point where everyone has a perfectly copied meta deck from gwentdb or whatever Lifecoach last streamed. Not sure how they could promote better diversity, but everyone running the same 5 decks competitively is incredibly dull.

that always happens in card games, just remember the amount of cards in this game is (obviously) really small for now so it's not like there's a lot of room to explore

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

hampig posted:

A great way to do this is to just remove rewards. Make the point of the game fun and enjoyment, instead of incremental power gains, and you remove most of the incentive for net-decking. Gwent has doubled down on incentives for net-decking by packing so much of its reward structure into things that reward wins/time played or pure rank. Alternatively, a different (mutually exclusive) reward track that doesn't punish you for not playing optimal decks might do a similar thing.

is gwent your first online card game or something

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I know that there's always a weak class/faction/color in card games but holy gently caress that's brutal

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

weather was an incredibly unfun mechanic and I'm glad it's dead

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

man CDPR is being the exact opposite to Blizzard as far things go in their card games, it's hilarious

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Even if the Reveal archetype might not become a top tier deck I'm just happy it has a chance now

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Who cares? Are you a pro gwent player or something?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The consume machine is just unstoppable

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dagon Dagon Dagon Dagon Dagon Dagon Dagon Dagon Dagon

yeah this is really fun to play, woooo

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

No Mods No Masters posted:

If you can't beat 'em

see I understand that in Ranked, but I'm experiencing it in Casual and its soul-crushing

I'm honestly a bit worried about this game's future if a new player's initial experience is something like this

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Are long queue times normal for this game these days? Taking 3+ minutes to find a match in casual...

...and of course when I do find it, it's a Dagon player :v:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Holy poo poo they just can't figure out how to balance the game can they

Well at least they are trying, and card games are notoriously hard to balance anyway...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

uhhhhhh why did they change Spotters, did I miss an OP reveal deck somewhere

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

someone hook me up with a Deathwish Monster deck please

I liked N'zoth/Deathrattle Hunter in HS and drat if I'm not retarded enough to try something similar in this game

frajaq fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 30, 2017

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

are we still complaining about netdecks in 2017

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

thanks for making one of my favorite characters from TW3 actually good CDPR

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Maybe one day CDPR will know what they actually loving want with the game

also really want to know what payment model they're gonna use for the Thronebreaker expansion

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Flipswitch posted:

My copy of the Gwent art book arrived today and there's a bunch of future designs/rejected designs in here that look amazing.

well don't leave us hanging!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

yeah i'll be honest one of the reasons I play Gwent is how pretty and well-done everything around the gameplay is