Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Kawabata posted:

Game's very interesting but holy poo poo are card abilities explained badly.

They switched to a very strange keyword-based explanation style and I had to, like, re-read descriptions of cards I already knew. Holding mouse over a card in battle helps, it'll eventually show the descriptions of all of its keywords.

Also, I tried putting the House that casts Frost back into deck and playing it again with Decoy but it doesn't cast another Frost on the second Deploy. You guys think this is a feature?

EDIT: "I have seen tons of posts today wondering why sometimes Wild Hunt Hound doesn't play a Frost. SUMMON a card means pull one from your deck (if there is one). SPAWN a card means create it out of thin air. So if there are no Frosts left in your deck, you can't Spawn a Frost. Same with Wild Hunt Navigator.
Good luck out there!"

Ah. loving keywords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Litany Unheard posted:

Enjoying the game, and managed to scrape together enough cards to build a halfway decent Skellige deck (not a good deck, but serviceable), but man, the keyword descriptions in this game are not super helpful. I read them but it's often not clear how a card is going to work until I actually lay it down in a match.

If you keep holding the mouse over a card, eventually it shows the definitions of the keywords.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Hmm, had three Wild Hunt Riders, one with one front, two with another, two from the deck and one from Eredin and the trio bonus didn't start ticking.

EDIT: Hmmm. Doesn't even start even when I pulled all three out of my deck. Maybe because it's Challenge mode, somehow? It has worked for me before in Casual.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 27, 2017

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Did you remember to stick them in the same rank?

Oh, right.

Y'know, this strikes me as a bit too much. It's already pretty hard to get all three of them out there at the same time, without also lining them up for annihilation. I dunno.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Yeah, the third Dagon challenge was a bitch.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

No Wave posted:

I do think the game could give out ~20 packs to new players on top of the basic cards a.) because the starter cards are a little thin and b.) it would allow for more variation of the cards new players would see.

I think that's going to be what the singleplayer campaign is for.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I think the implication was that this is basically a soft launch and there will be no more wipes. I don't know if they outright stated this.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Err, anyone have any tips for this Dagon challenge round where he shits out an insane amount of weather? I have like 3 cards that can clear weather and he's dropping fog 5 or 6 times across the rounds and every time it revives those stupid rear end fogger things. I have no idea how I am supposed to beat this, I feel without drawing my weather clears it's basically impossible to outvalue him.

I just went NR with Foltest, got three Clear Weather, two of the dudes who also clear weather (only had two) and I restarted when I was given first move. First round, he drops fog, you drop Foltest, he drops the witches, pass. After that, you're on your own.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 28, 2017

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I'm okay with someone dropping the last card even though they've won without it. Do it myself sometimes, especially when there's poo poo still changing on the board. Six cards, gently caress 'em.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Just give in and play a Weather Monster deck. I am playing with a real lovely one and doing okay.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

botany posted:

What's your deck list? I can't win poo poo with weather monsters anymore, I'm pretty frustrated too.

Do keep in mind that I am taking it easy and not power-leveling, so I am still at babby-levels. There is definitely poo poo I want to replace - Geralt comes to mind - but I dunno, I don't want to buy anything yet.

I usually just get two Riders out and pass. Maybe drop something else to gently caress with the guy, like locking or destroying something I don't want him to keep on the board.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Okay, quick keg question:

Zoltan Chivay or Varbjorn? Don't really play either decks atm, tbh.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
And he's my dwarfy bud! Grabbing 'im.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

MarshyMcFly posted:

I've had a bug happen where I drew my cards for the round and it took like a minute or 2 to finally let me discard one.

I think they're still intermittently being DDOS'd.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

BabyRyoga posted:

There are many bugs that are contingent on the fact that there is no "cancel" command you can make to cancel an uncompleted action, IE if you accidentally click your leader card to play it, but decide you don't want to play it before you play it.

Therefore, you get stuck in an instance of trying to play something when something else is preventing you from playing something and therefore get forced to wait til turn end and discard a card. It's happened to me a few times, and an opponent many times. Once I played someone who got stuck like that for the rest of the game and had to just discard his whole hand.

I think I cancelled poo poo with Esc before? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

EDIT: Ah. Yeah, once you've clicked the leader, you're committed, alas.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 31, 2017

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Yeaaah. I'd maybe make a fresh account and not do that again.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Yeah, they're all fun, for different reasons.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Keg time!

Woodland Spirit, Saskia or Rainfarn?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Just play Witcher 3. The Season Pass is super-worth it. If you really love it, play Witcher 2. Don't bother with 1.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I wish I had more special snowflake golds. :shobon:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I wonder how it interacts with the double-the-frost-damage guy now.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Ugh. Failed so hard.

Opponent passed with a 25 strength Mork. I shackle it then pass. Then, the next round, I am thinking Mork is staying locked if I resurrect him, so I don't immediately grab him with my Caretaker. (I also forgot that how much resurrect poo poo Skellige has, that one's on me. I should start building other faction decks.) But no, apparently resurrecting him turns his poo poo back on as well.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Normal Adult Human posted:

You have 5 mulligans. Limit yourself to 5 cantrip cards and nobody will get hurt.

I just got hosed by getting two crones and two frosts in the first draw and a crone and a frost in the second. But you can manage fine most of the time, yeah.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So what Golds should I invest in with 2,7 scrap I now have if I wanted to branch out from Monstering? I don't have any Gold Neutrals that weren't given to me at the start and, like, Zoltan for Scoia'tael.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Will you get a leader card when you hit 20 now?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
http://gwentlemen.com/snapshot/

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

RatHat posted:

What other faction could they possibly use if they still want to draw all their characters from the games/books? The only thing I can think of is separating the Wild Hunt from Monsters and making it it's own faction. Well there's also Toussaint but they've said it's going to be part of Nilfgaard. The only other option is making their own lore and characters for something like Zerrikania.

The Cybergwent factions, of course.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I just checked and they're studiously avoiding putting any Toussaint-related cards into Nilfgaard or any other faction for that matter, right?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Yay! Time to use some of that meteorite powder.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
That art is loving dope.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Man, I've been getting stomped the last two days. And it's been, like, my Skellige deck against NR after NR. I am considering crafting some sort of a cheap NR deck to hop on the NR faction train to get the gold.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

frajaq posted:

They showed on the stream, it really was something else...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObMW_1XRXD4

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Goblin posted:

They messed up handing out the rewards for the Skel vs NR event so enjoy your premium Madman Lugos AND Dijkstra!

Hahaha. Yeah, I got both.

Sweet.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I sometimes do a round in casual when I have one round to win for the daily.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

frajaq posted:

finally a reason to ""watch"" gwent streamers

https://www.playgwent.com/en/twitch-drops

Out of curiosity, how do you actually get them twitch kegs? Do they show up when you launch the game?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
God the chat is a shitshow.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
That GWENT CHALLENGER logo animation appearing right when the players are mulliganing cards is great design.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
where are my kegs

where my kegs at

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I've just been sitting out waiting for mah kegs since the patch hit. Judging by this thread, I've made the right call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

I, for one, am glad to see the return of the sex cards.