Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
Spanos Family.

Zurreco's post has got me wondering if the tournament should be renamed in their honor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
House Spanos are the douche of the douche. Not even Tom Brady is as bad as them. I'm not even a Chargers fan and I hate them. They waved their shriveled rich jackass dicks at my city for years crying about how they'd have to leave if we didn't give them $TEXAS. They never had any intention of staying and I hate them. They can burn in the deepest circle of Douche Hell. I hate them.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tom Brady and the problem is that I can't really type up a bunch of words to make my entry worth more points because I already said them all and Shangri-Law School and Magnetic North were more eloquent than I could ever be, but hopefully these old gifs I made at the start of Deflategate will do the job.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also that old Deflategate thread owned early on because it was a mix of unbridled glee and Pats fans agreeing with Brady's father calling it "Framegate" lol

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

fsif posted:

Also that old Deflategate thread owned early on because it was a mix of unbridled glee and Pats fans agreeing with Brady's father calling it "Framegate" lol

That thread did own. gently caress Pats fans. Myself included.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
My hope is that this is the vote that sends this over the edge and gives the title to the Spanos Family. I've not been very active only advancing a few causes - namely that Belicheck deserves to advance whenever possible. Not because I didn't follow along, but mainly because I never felt strongly one way or another about most of the candidates. Thomas Brady is a douche and he deserves to be the Douche of the Year Runner Up.

San Diego is a nice, wonderful and beautiful city. Frankly it's my favorite city in all of California and every person from SD I've ever met were nice and wonderful people. Qualcomm was a shithole, you could tell that by driving by it on the freeway at 70+ miles an hour. But San Diego did not deserve to loose its football team because of a lovely stadium, and LA did not deserve to get that team. The SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS were the best drat team with the best drat uniforms and the best drat fight song and SPANOS RIPPED THAT AWAY FROM US. gently caress the Spanos clan, gently caress LA, gently caress the LA Chargers. No one wanted this outcome besides Dean and Alex Spanos, they deserve the crown.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Spanos Family

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK well I let it run long, I think everyone's had a chance to have their say. And as predicted, your 2017 Ben Roethlisberger Football Douchebag of the Year is:

Dean Spanos and the Spanos Family!

By a score of 48 to 30, a comfortable margin but not a total blowout.

Good Job everyone! Please celebrate accordingly.

We will move on to the lifetime douchievement awards shortly.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Aug 4, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Now it's time to decide who will be the next recipient of the Dan Snyder Memorial Douchievement Award of Excellence!

Here are the six current holders of this award:
  • Dan Snyder
  • Craig James
  • Art Modell
  • Roger Goodell
  • The NCAA
  • Bobby Petrino

And a reminder about eligibility:

Leperflesh posted:

Eligibility for the Hall of Fame follows exactly the same rules as for the Douchebag of the Year, but with the following exception:
Douchebaggery not limited to the last calendar year. Any football-related douchebag acts of the past may be considered. You can nominate some 1950s football douchebag if you want.
Nominations and seconds will run for the entire thread, including during voting for the tournament brackets. I'll close nominations shortly after we name the Douchebag of the Year, and then we'll have our vote for the hall of fame. Hopefully this doesn't get too confusing.
Only the top few nominees will be up for voting. Previously I think it's been four nominees. I'll let that be three or five or whatever if there is a clear cutoff between lots of seconds and a lot fewer seconds, but if there's no clear cutoff then it will be 4.

Here are the current nominees, and how many Seconds they have. Now is your last chance to nominate and second nominees. The top nomination recipients will advance to a voting round: there will be no playoff brackets, just a straight vote. Nominees getting zero seconds will not advance to the vote: the others will, but I'll set a cutoff wherever it seems reasonable.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 4, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I nominated Davis and family, not Spanos, for what it's worth

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

iospace posted:

I nominated Davis and family, not Spanos, for what it's worth

Ah god dammit, I think google sheets autofilled that for me. Fixed.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 4, 2017

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I will second FSU and Billy boy

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Second for Bill Belichick.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Leperflesh posted:

Ah god dammit, I think google sheets autofilled that for me. Fixed.

Thanks! :)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'd like to nominate Tom Brady and second Penn State Fans

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Second for D Rovell and Jed York

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Second Tom Brady, third Belichick

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Seconding Chargers Front Office

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'll second Jed York and PSU Fans.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm seconding Penn State fans

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
PSU fans

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Voting for someone in this competition because they don't believe in your political views is stupid.

And I'm a PSU fan and I'm not a douche bag, nor are the the PSU grads and fans I know, so clumping all PSU fans together in this competition is stupid as well.

Just my two cents.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"Raping kids is bad" is hardly a "political view" and more "a belief that non broken humans all share"

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

WampaLord posted:

"Raping kids is bad" is hardly a "political view" and more "a belief that non broken humans all share"

Raping kids is horrible.

I was talking about people voting for douchiness based on political reasons.

Someone supporting Trump or Clinton, or whoever is their business. Just because someone doesn't believe their views doesn't make them a douchebag.

That's just the way I look at it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Voting for someone in this competition because they don't believe in your political views is stupid.

And I'm a PSU fan and I'm not a douche bag, nor are the the PSU grads and fans I know, so clumping all PSU fans together in this competition is stupid as well.

Just my two cents.

I thought the reason that PSU fans were in there was due to the whole "trying to cover up/make light of raping kids" and then trying to put the Joey Pat statue back up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CyberPingu posted:

I thought the reason that PSU fans were in there was due to the whole "trying to cover up/make light of raping kids" and then trying to put the Joey Pat statue back up.

This is pretty much it, at least a sizable portion of Penn State fans have attempted to minimize the damage to the football team in favor of ignoring kids that were raped and revere all things Paterno, which is pretty douchey. If it's insulting to someone who likes Penn State and isn't one of those people trust that we're talking about them and not you. Also shame the gently caress out of these people when you meet them.

Trump's stuff will probably mostly get political votes, but man he was awful about all the USFL stuff for the people old enough to remember it. So an ok candidate that will probably go nowhere...hmm...well probably go nowhere in this particular contest. I think. Who knows these days?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Lemme second/third/whatever Mark Davis.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ill 2nd Chargers FO lets make this year a double for Spanos & Chargers FO douchiness trophies

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Someone supporting Trump or Clinton, or whoever is their business. Just because someone doesn't believe their views doesn't make them a douchebag.

Counterpoint: it does.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Raping kids is horrible.

I was talking about people voting for douchiness based on political reasons.

That's just the way I look at it.

Equating Trump and Clinton is douchey, let alone supporting the guy.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Bill Belichick
Ole Miss

I didn't open a restaurant, but I was working as late as 5am 65hrs per week. Just got a job where I work human hours and have a computer to sit in front of. Just visited TFF for the first time since I abandoned thread and saw that LF was continuing the DotY legacy. Thanks dude!

Sorry I abandoned. I had precious little free time, and I preferred to spend that with my wife, as I had just gotten married.

I'd say I'm the douche of the year, but I think that everyone here would trade posting for the ability to actually pay down college loans at a reasonable rate.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Woah! Well hello there, Weenus! I'm glad to see you haven't died: congratulations on that!

Ole MIss has not been nominated, so I guess I'll take that as a nomination.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'll second Ole Miss

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Updated list:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the updated list seems incorrect. I'm here to remind you all that you aren't even very good. *does hulk hogan/david stern ear cupping gesture*

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Do people just not know who Jamie Horowitz is? He's the Darkseid of modern sports media.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Shithead sports commentators are a dime a doze and it's v easy to completely avoid them in life.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm not sure comparing him to another obscure reference is helpful, lol

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Neil Armbong posted:

Shithead sports commentators are a dime a doze and it's v easy to completely avoid them in life.

He'a not a shithead sports commentator. He HIRED all the shithead sports commentators at ESPN and Fox Sports. Oh, and got fired for sexual harassment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

all-Rush mixtape posted:

He'a not a shithead sports commentator. He HIRED all the shithead sports commentators at ESPN and Fox Sports. Oh, and got fired for sexual harassment.

To be fair, it's even easier to avoid their bosses.

• Locked thread