Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

swickles posted:

Colin Cowherd for Douche HoF. Guy couldn't stop saying stupid poo poo and eventually took out the entire Dominican Republican, which ironically is the kind of racism that qualifies you to work for Fox. Also, he said Sean Taylor was a gang banger and that's why he got shot. Even after it came out that it was a home invasion, he doubled down on his comments.

Second. gently caress Cowherd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
[quote="Cavauro" post="472780994"]
X4 Bengals players
[quote]

Petition to roll all the various Cincy douchebags to the Cincinnati douchebag nomination. There's just so loving many at this point.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Do Not roll them. to preserve the integrity of the competition, it must be all the individuals plus the one for the team

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Alternately do not listen to Cavauro.

By the way Leper I intended to nominate Mark Emmert for the Lifetime award, although I'm sure we can dig up plenty he did this year if people don't want to do that for some reason.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Leperflesh posted:

These guys have not been properly nominated. While they are all obviously jerks, I need someone to say how they were doucehbags during the past year. Or maybe nominate for lifetime, but again, need some statement of what they did.

Jed York deserves a lifetime nomination for Being Jed York, firing Harbaugh, and being Jed York.

Belichick and Bob Kraft: being generally evil and also Trump.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Alternately do not listen to Cavauro.

By the way Leper I intended to nominate Mark Emmert for the Lifetime award, although I'm sure we can dig up plenty he did this year if people don't want to do that for some reason.

Nah that's cool, I switched him to life

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Jed York deserves a lifetime nomination for Being Jed York, firing Harbaugh, and being Jed York.

Belichick and Bob Kraft: being generally evil and also Trump.

OK so, Jed York for life, Bill Belichick and Bob Kraft for DotY, right? As separate entries, or Belichick and Kraft together?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Belichck's bizarre, sycophantic letter to Trump should be Exhibit A if he's being nominated for this year.

http://deadspin.com/report-bill-belichick-did-write-that-letter-to-donald-1788696859

Other than being one of probably like 30 Trump loving owners I don't remember anything Kraft did that stands out that much though.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I nominate for the HOF the horrible institution of "scholarly" achievement Florida State University for the following non-Jamies Winston reasons:

* Inconsistency in punishment of student athletes who were charged with felony crimes - Peter Warrick and Laverenous Coles both got caught ship lifting from a department store. Basically a clerk was in on it and gave them free clothes. Warrick at the time was the star player, potential Heisman candidate, and future Bengal got suspended. Coles? Booted from the team.

* The creation of the "Deon Sanders Rule" - PrimeTime Neon Deon Sanders basically said lol gently caress school and didn't attend classes or take his finals the entire fall semester prior to his star performance at the 1989 Sugar Bowl. The athletic department knew and didn't care until it came out afterwards and the state legislature had to make a law that basically says "if you want play in a bowl game you have to complete the fall term".

* Systematic Academic Fraud - 27 student athletes across 9 sports cheated on tests and quizzes for online courses they never "attended" but needed to maintain GPA. While not as expansive as the UNCLE issues, this is beyond the scope of just the football team.

These three things span the 80s, 90s, and 00s. FSU deserves your vote for the Hall of Fame because of a long standing tradition enshrining athletics over scholarship, stars over JAGs, and ensuring that even the simplest of athletes stay on the field. It is my hope that you'll agree and join me in recognizing the true degree of douchiness that FSU has strived for decades to achieve will finally be recognized by this esteemed body.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

skip bayless owns

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Sour Diesel posted:

skip bayless owns

Seconded

Thirded

Fourthed

gently caress you - why did you ever show me this gif?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Leperflesh posted:

OK so, Jed York for life, Bill Belichick and Bob Kraft for DotY, right? As separate entries, or Belichick and Kraft together?

Separate.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Nystral posted:

I nominate for the HOF the horrible institution of "scholarly" achievement Florida State University for the following non-Jamies Winston reasons:

* Inconsistency in punishment of student athletes who were charged with felony crimes - Peter Warrick and Laverenous Coles both got caught ship lifting from a department store. Basically a clerk was in on it and gave them free clothes. Warrick at the time was the star player, potential Heisman candidate, and future Bengal got suspended. Coles? Booted from the team.

Technically they're both former Future Bengals.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
I'm nominating Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell for the Douchiest response to drafting a player with multiple domestic assault incidents (of the many this year):

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706607-nfl-draft-shows-the-league-is-still-clueless-about-domestic-violence

quote:

This weekend, Oklahoma receiver Dede Westbrook was picked by the Jaguars in the fourth round. He has multiple accusations of violence against him involving the mother of his children. Though Westbrook was not convicted of a crime, the stories are ugly, involving allegedly throwing the woman to the ground and, at another time, punching her in the face.

When asked if he was concerned about the public image of the Jaguars after picking such a controversial player, general manager Dave Caldwell told reporters (according to statements distributed by the team): "I think we have done our due diligence enough to realize that is behind him and that, like we said, all of those charges were dropped. I think we all have been accused of things, not all of us, but many of us have been accused of things. We don't take it lightly. Obviously it is a serious issue, and we just feel like at this point in time to give the kid a chance to make it right."

I don't know many people accused of physically beating a woman multiple times.

But that's just me.

Caldwell's remarks, easily, make up one of the stupidest quotes of the draft.

Some franchises removed Westbrook off their boards, according to sources. But clearly not the Jaguars.

"The charges were dropped," Caldwell said. "There were no charges, never evolved into anything—2013 was the last one, so we felt like that stuff was behind him."

Well maybe since it was 4 years ago he has matured and changed, keeping himself out of trouble oh wait...

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...plaints-2012-13

quote:

Westbrook has twice been involved with police in his hometown of Cameron, Texas, in 2016.
Westbrook was arrested for trespassing on May 23. Westbrook was visiting the property resident's daughter, according to the police report, but all parties knew he was not allowed to be there because of a past altercation. Westbrook was subjected to racial slurs but remained cooperative and followed a patrol car to the sheriff's station, where he was booked into Milam County Jail for misdemeanor criminal trespassing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nystral posted:

* The creation of the "Deon Sanders Rule" - PrimeTime Neon Deon Sanders basically said lol gently caress school and didn't attend classes or take his finals the entire fall semester prior to his star performance at the 1989 Sugar Bowl. The athletic department knew and didn't care until it came out afterwards and the state legislature had to make a law that basically says "if you want play in a bowl game you have to complete the fall term".

* Systematic Academic Fraud - 27 student athletes across 9 sports cheated on tests and quizzes for online courses they never "attended" but needed to maintain GPA. While not as expansive as the UNCLE issues, this is beyond the scope of just the football team.

These three things span the 80s, 90s, and 00s. FSU deserves your vote for the Hall of Fame because of a long standing tradition enshrining athletics over scholarship, stars over JAGs, and ensuring that even the simplest of athletes stay on the field. It is my hope that you'll agree and join me in recognizing the true degree of douchiness that FSU has strived for decades to achieve will finally be recognized by this esteemed body.

Now this right here is a top-notch nomination post.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, nominations seem to have slowed way down. Here's the current list of DotY nominees, sorted by numbers of seconds:

Dean Spanos and fam
Tom Brady
Brent Musberger
Joe Mixon
Frank Clark
Brock Osweiler
Marvin Lewis
Vontaze Burfict
Pacman Jones
Patriots fans
Trent Dilfer
Bruce Allen
Patriots social media manager
Clay Travis
The Cincinnati Bengals
Ryan Pace
Martellus and Michael Bennett
Seattle Seahawks Defense
ESPN
Facebook, Amazon, and Twitter
Donald Trump
Kyle Shanahan
Mark Davis
Chargers Front Office
Chuck Staben
Jason Whitlock
Chargers Cheerleaders Jackoff Guard
Ladainian Tomlinson
Tyler Eifert
Dre Kirkpatrick
Shawn Williams
Bill Belichick
Bob Kraft
Dave Caldwell

Only the first fifteen entries have any seconds: everyone from Ryan Pace on down have zero seconds. There's a total of 31 entries on the list, which I could definitely build a tournament out of, but I think it'd be cool to get the list narrowed down a bit by accumulating some more seconds. Alternatively, I can work with 32, so...

I hereby Nominate:

Darren Rovell, football "journalist" tweeter/commentator, for DotY, for this: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/bomani-jones-espn-darren-rovell-wonderlic-test-scores-shaming-nfl-draft
and then the follow up, in which he takes the test and admits he was full of poo poo without actually apologizing at all or admitting that outing players' scores (which are supposed to be confidential) was a lovely thing to do. http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/darren-rovell-wonderlic-condensed-version.html

And for icing on the cake, http://www.excellesports.com/news/skylar-diggins-calls-out-espns-darren-rovell/ in which Rovell I guess figured women's basketball doesn't count as a sport

probably a good argument could be made for Rovell to get a lifetime award?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 31, 2017

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Rovell deserves to be in the Lifetime category. He placed runner up recently and I would hate to hurt his brand any further.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Zurreco posted:

Rovell deserves to be in the Lifetime category. He placed runner up recently and I would hate to hurt his brand any further.

Second Rovell for lifetime category.

Classic Rovell:
Racism is OK if the market approves http://deadspin.com/darren-rovell-says-racism-is-okay-if-the-market-approve-1727599967
These Emails Confirm That ESPN's Darren Rovell Is A Sensitive Penis http://deadspin.com/these-emails-confirm-that-espns-darren-rovell-is-a-sens-1572043642
Darren Rovell Narcs Out Guy Who Made Fun Of Him On Twitter http://deadspin.com/darren-rovell-is-narcing-out-people-who-make-fun-of-him-1560861380
Why Is ESPN Letting Darren Rovell Turn Ad Campaigns Into Articles? http://deadspin.com/why-is-espn-letting-darren-rovell-turn-ad-campaigns-int-1579749202

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright, I've switched him to Life, and put both of you as Seconds.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I've already seconded it but seriously gently caress Dean Spanos

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Really the tournament and trophy should be named after Rovell

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Really the tournament and trophy should be named after Rovell

You don't rename the Lombardi Trophy, and you don't rename the Ben Roethlisberger Douche of the Year.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It all boils down to who's worse: a rapist or a racist

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i will second espn due to the alien man being deleted from there

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
As a throwaway id nominate the Sehawks Team for the lamest and douchiest display of "Solidarity" last year when Kaep was doing his BLM schtick

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sour Diesel posted:

skip bayless owns

Yeah. I'm nominating people who don't like Skip Bayless.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

fsif posted:

Yeah. I'm nominating people who don't like Skip Bayless.

haha well you'll have to point to a Skip Bayless notliker that happened during the last year

CyberPingu posted:

As a throwaway id nominate the Sehawks Team for the lamest and douchiest display of "Solidarity" last year when Kaep was doing his BLM schtick

I thought it was just like one or two players on the seahawks?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

all-Rush mixtape posted:

You don't rename the Lombardi Trophy, and you don't rename the Ben Roethlisberger Douche of the Year.

Rovell really nails the douche archetype, though: unlikeable, loud, petty, humorless, vindictive, cowardly, small, impotent, oblivious, pointless, and baselessly confident...but all while never actually doing real damage or breaking any laws. The very worst that Rovell has ever done and will ever do is be a mosquito buzzing in your ear.

If you're not sure if a person or an action is douchey, ask What Would Rovell Do and you'll have your answer. He is the Platonic form of douche and he absolutely should be on the trophy here because it would be a shame not to leverage his brand here.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Zurreco posted:

Seconded

Thirded

Fourthed

gently caress you - why did you ever show me this gif?

i'm just doing my part in showing others the light

skip bayless owns, and is good

he's literally a professional troll and he is goddamn amazing at it, i'll never forget when he got richard sherman on first take and sherman was all stuttering and had a shaky, lip quivering, mad voice the whole time

Leperflesh posted:

haha well you'll have to point to a Skip Bayless notliker that happened during the last year

iospace for having the nerve to nominate skip bayless in the bad people thread

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 1, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:smith:

(joke nomination) I nominate Joe Flacco for the HOF the endless IS HE ELITE? debates.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

If it's in reference to the "locking arms during the national anthem" I'd probably blame Russell Wilson for that. Apparently the majority of the team was down to kneel, minus a few. RW apparently shot it down because "are troops".

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Didn't Russell Wilson spend his childhood and adolescence beating up gay classmates?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I hereby Nominate "everyone who insisted Kaep insulted the troops" for Douchebag of the Year

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Leperflesh posted:

I hereby Nominate "everyone who insisted Kaep insulted the troops" for Douchebag of the Year

I second this nomination

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Thirded

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There are approximately 19 nomiations that have zero seconds. I don't really see a way to include some but not all of them into a tournament bracket without being arbitrarily tyrannical and just picking my own (basically by seconding some of them myself). My inclination is to be inclusive. Does anyone object?

I think we should wrap up nominations in the next day or two and move on to the tournament.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Leperflesh posted:

There are approximately 19 nomiations that have zero seconds. I don't really see a way to include some but not all of them into a tournament bracket without being arbitrarily tyrannical and just picking my own (basically by seconding some of them myself). My inclination is to be inclusive. Does anyone object?

I think we should wrap up nominations in the next day or two and move on to the tournament.

Could you repost the nominations without a second?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Here's the full sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X5QBQ5JQW6RmwEx_JWXQZM9LvAWTfHs3g5vBInfi6_E/edit?usp=sharing

Nominations for DotY with no seconds:

Ryan Pace
Martellus and Michael Bennett
Seattle Seahawks Defense
Facebook, Amazon, and Twitter
Donald Trump
Kyle Shanahan
Mark Davis
Chargers Front Office
Chuck Staben
Jason Whitlock
Chargers Cheerleaders Jackoff Guard
Ladainian Tomlinson
Tyler Eifert
Dre Kirkpatrick
Shawn Williams
Bill Belichick
Bob Kraft
Dave Caldwell
"Sehawks Team"

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I 2nd Whitlock

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'll second Bill Belichick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I second Donald Trump for stating that he is the reason that Kaepernicl hasn't found a team yet.

• Locked thread