Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Dave Caldwell
Chargers Front Office
Richard Sherman
Chargers Cheerleaders Jackoff Guard
"Sehawks Team"
Jarran Reed
Ryan Pace
Facebook, Amazon, and Twitter
Chuck Staben
Ladainian Tomlinson
Kyle Shanahan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

im proud that Jacking It Off To Hell Boy is really doing well

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not hellboy

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Six voters, lol.

Which of these methods should I use? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schulze_method#Comparison_table

I'm thinking the ranked-pairs method, if I can figure it out

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
If it's not too late...

1) Dave Caldwell--It's my nominee, for good reason
2) Chargers Front Office--Don't normally like voting for groups but gently caress these guys
3) Chuck Staben--gently caress the NCAA
4) Richard Sherman--gently caress the Seahawks
5) Jarran Reed--Ibid
6)Chargers Cheerleaders Jackoff Guard--Would be higher except he was punished for it

7) Ryan Pace (sucks at his job, but can't blame him for not giving a poo poo)
8) Ladainian Tomlinson (can't blame him too much for wanting a cushy position)
9) "Sehawks Team" (I don't like voting for group entities)
10) Facebook, Amazon, and Twitter (come on)
11) Kyle Shanahan (Really dumb playcalling isn't douchy. It's not like he's been defending himself, either)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Chargers Front Office
Jarran Reed
Kyle Shanahan
Ryan Pace
Ladainian Tomlinson
Chuck Staben
Richard Sherman
Facebook, etc.
Dave Caldwell
"Seahawks Team"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright, that's two days. I'll tally the votes now.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK. I ran the vote using a basic "add up points" method, and got this result:
Dave Caldwell
Chargers Front Office
Richard Sherman
Jarran Reed
Ryan Pace
-------------------------------
Chuck Staben
Kyle Shanahan
Facebook, Amazon, and Twitter
Ladainian Tomlinson
"Sehawks Team"

Then I ran the same vote using several other methods - I assigned the candidates the letters A through K in the order above, so I could easily see if the results would differ. They basically don't. The calculator couldn't handle a ranked pairs vote with this many candidates but whatever.

So the six winners heading into the bracket are as shown above, seeded in that order.

Here's the playoff brackets, which you can see on the "elimination rounds" tab of the spreadsheet:

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 9, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MATCH 1: TRENT DILFER vs. BRUCE ALLEN

Trent Dilfer

Trent Farris Dilfer (born March 13, 1972) is a former American football quarterback who played 13 seasons in the National Football League. He is also a former NFL analyst for ESPN.

seiferguy posted:

(re: Kaep's protest):

quote:

“No matter how passionate you are, no matter how much of a burden you have for social issues, you don’t let it get in the way of the team. This is a backup quarterback whose job is to be quiet and sit in the shadows and get the starter ready to play in Week 1. Yet he chose a time where all of a sudden, he became the center of attention.”

In other words: keep quiet and know your place. I could talk about how much underlying racism there is here, but I think most of us can pick up on it. Then he went on that weird derail about how he could have used his position as a QB to speak out against child slavery but didn't because he didn't want to hurt his team :confused:

I also found this:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/adam-schefter-trent-dilfer-feud-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-patriots/151kzfl8nuyc21qahbw7ypiyl4

quote:

Former NFL quarterback and ESPN NFL analyst Trent Dilfer suggested last week the Patriots brass were using Schefter as a mouthpiece with his statement that New England would receive a first-round pick and a fourth-rounder for Garoppolo.

Schefter fired back at his ESPN colleague on Tuesday, saying "nobody in New England has ever stated any price" for Garoppolo. He added that Dilfer's "promise" that no team would give up that much for the third-year quarterback is " factually incorrect."
"And again, facts will be used to correct Trent there, nobody in New England has ever stated any price to me on Jimmy Garoppolo and nobody has ever said to me, ‘Can you please put that out there so we can drum up the interest.’

"It’s amazing that somebody that I work with and respect as much as I do would say something like that."

Dilfer was among the first batch of employees recently axed as ESPN has radically cut staffing.

Bruce Allen

Bruce Allen is the team president of the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). Allen abdicated his title of general manager after the Redskins hired Scot McCloughan to be their general manager on January 7, 2015.

Cash Monet posted:

Bruce Allen for being a prick to a guy who was good at his job then drunk shaming him on the way out.
The whole situation in Washington has been a shitshow, but I'll leave it to others to describe Allen's douchebaggery in more detail.

Let me remind you all that the new voting rules are in effect:

Leperflesh posted:

Previously, Ben would weight peoples' votes on a scale of 1 to 5 depending on how much effort they put into their posts. Effortposts are great and important because they foster the debate that we should be having over who is the worst douchebag. However, the scale was pretty arbitrary and I found it hard to make rulings that I felt confident in. So this year I'm simplifying things thusly:

If you just post a vote for a candidate, that's worth 1 point.
If you make an effort to argue in favor or against a candidate along with your vote, that's worth 3 points.

That's it, that's the whole thing. Merely quoting someone else's argument is still only worth 1 point. You have to add something to the discussion, whether that's doing some googling and posting something someone said online or a news article or some tweets, or just writing a couple of sentences explaining your opinion, I will credit you with 3 points.

Start your voting!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Trent Dilfer because

Trent Dilfer posted:

My wife and I had been introduced to some really disturbing stuff and other social injustices: Childhood slavery in our country. And I’d gone to a couple seminars and presentations where we got really deep in the weeds about this issue. It became a passion of ours to help fight this battle of childhood slavery around the country and I had a very big platform in Seattle and I could have leveraged being a Seattle Seahawk, being an NFL quarterback, done a lot to get that message out there, but I chose not to at the sake of not wanting to disrupt the team and I never want to draw attention to myself, and take it away from Matt, the rest of our team and our preparation to win.”

in conclusion Trent Dilfer

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Trent Dilfer because

in conclusion Trent Dilfer

that is a three-point response, because you did a search and found a pertinent quote!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Trent Dilfer because;

A. He was a Baltimore Raven

B. He is on the Jersey for being lovely

C. He developed QBR

D. Said really stupid things about Kaep

Can I get a 2 point ?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Trent Dilfer. :effort:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Trent Dilfer

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Flikken posted:

Can I get a 2 point ?

3 pts

iospace posted:

Trent Dilfer. :effort:
1 pt

1 pt

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Dilfer is a sanctimonious douche but he also got what was coming to him when he got fired. Also, he's worse than Bruce Allen but not 3 points worse.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Trent Dilfer. It's 2017 and we still acknowledge his existence? How could this happen? I'm not exactly sure, but it's certainly a damning indictment of society as whole.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bruce Allen

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Laslow posted:

Trent Dilfer. It's 2017 and we still acknowledge his existence? How could this happen? I'm not exactly sure, but it's certainly a damning indictment of society as whole.
Trent Dilfer is not a DILF.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Bruce Allen gets jealous of his own employees and smears their characters while firing them. What a douche.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Dilfer shouldn't cruise by on reputation. After all, didn't Bruce Allen try to argue that the term "Redskin" was an an expression of solidarity? Not to mention the whole Scot McCloughan story this year.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Can I just requote myself when I initially nominated Trent Dilfer and call it good?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zurreco posted:

Dilfer is a sanctimonious douche but he also got what was coming to him when he got fired. Also, he's worse than Bruce Allen but not 3 points worse.
3 pts

Laslow posted:

+3

fsif posted:

Bruce Allen
+1

Incoherence posted:

Trent Dilfer is not a DILF.
+1

Shangri-Law School posted:

Bruce Allen gets jealous of his own employees and smears their characters while firing them. What a douche.
+3

King Hong Kong posted:

Dilfer shouldn't cruise by on reputation. After all, didn't Bruce Allen try to argue that the term "Redskin" was an an expression of solidarity? Not to mention the whole Scot McCloughan story this year.
+3

seiferguy posted:

Can I just requote myself when I initially nominated Trent Dilfer and call it good?
+1. And nah, I think you'd need to add something more. I realize you already made an effort during nominations, but I think it's OK that the nominators of DotY candidates don't just get a free 3pt vote. The bar is very low for getting a 3pt vote anyway. :shrug:

Current tally is Dilfer 16 to Allen 7.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I was sure I would vote for Allen, but then I remembered that Trent Dilfer literally said that he did not want to use his celebrity to bring national attention to the horrorific practice of human trafficking, because he was afraid that it could distract his multimillionaire coworker from the oh so important task of throwing a football to another multimillionaire teammate. All for the entertainment of dumb, entitled Americans sitting at home in clothes quite possibly made by said trafficked children, if those children were the lucky ones.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Trent Dilfer. Not only does Trent Dilfer suck, he officially sucks, based on this totally official statement.

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
Bruce Allen.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Trent Dilfer

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Ho boy Mike let me tell you about this guy named Dilfer. 'Round back in the turn of the century this guy let a generational D carry him to a SB and thinks he's hot poo poo. In truth gently caress this guy Mike. I've had bowel movements that have made tighter spirals than this guy.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
It looks like a dog pile but I'll just say Dilfer.

His hot takes have always been ice cold. Polar Express cold. Liquid nitrogen cold. He's never not been dumb as a pile of bricks. There were no "good old days before he got lovely" with him. The Kaepernick takes just add oblivious old white guy "not racist but" cherries those little hard constipation turd nuggets on top.

An oldie but goodie for the LOLs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 12, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sataere posted:

I was sure I would vote for Allen, but then I remembered that Trent Dilfer literally said that he did not want to use his celebrity to bring national attention to the horrorific practice of human trafficking, because he was afraid that it could distract his multimillionaire coworker from the oh so important task of throwing a football to another multimillionaire teammate. All for the entertainment of dumb, entitled Americans sitting at home in clothes quite possibly made by said trafficked children, if those children were the lucky ones.

Magnetic North posted:

Trent Dilfer. Not only does Trent Dilfer suck, he officially sucks, based on this totally official statement.

hepcat posted:

Bruce Allen.

CyberPingu posted:

Ho boy Mike let me tell you about this guy named Dilfer. 'Round back in the turn of the century this guy let a generational D carry him to a SB and thinks he's hot poo poo. In truth gently caress this guy Mike. I've had bowel movements that have made tighter spirals than this guy.

sean10mm posted:

It looks like a dog pile but I'll just say Dilfer.

His hot takes have always been ice cold. Polar Express cold. Liquid nitrogen cold. He's never not been dumb as a pile of bricks. There were no "good old days before he got lovely" with him. The Kaepernick takes just add oblivious old white guy "not racist but" cherries those little hard constipation turd nuggets on top.

An oldie but goodie for the LOLs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg

TRENT DILFER WINS! By a fairly lopsided score of 29-8.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Next up we have: Patriots Fans versus Patriots Social Media Manager! This should be quite the contest, boys and girls.

Patriots Fans

Let me just preface this by saying that the fans of the New England Patriots suck. Here they have a totally dominating team that keeps winning superbowls over and over, and yet their fans constantly act like they're the plucky underdogs. They think Tom Brady just keeps getting picked on and the treatment is so totally unfair! The sense of entitlement and the collective chip on the shoulder is intolerable.

all-Rush mixtape posted:

New England Patriots fans for playing the victim card while having Mr. Thomas Brady win them five (five!) Super Bowls.

Patriots Social Media Manager
According to a quick google search, it looks like this is a lady named Cecily Faenza.

a new study bible! posted:

The Social Media Manager for the New England Patriots for publicly fellating Donald Trump on twitter and trying to downplay and silence the decisions of players to skip the WH visit because Trump sucks.

I suppose this is the downplaying thing:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-patriots-call-out-new-york-times-for-white-house-photo-tweet-lacks-context/

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/854858415012806656

OK go ahead and vote!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Not all Pats fans are Trump supporters so going with Patriots Social Media Manager.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Patriots fans for finally earning their M.S. degrees at the exact moment Ted Wells released his report.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You mother fucker :argh:

Is there any way to lump them into one giant "Patriots as a whole" thing? No?

Ok, fine.

Patriots Fans, if barely. A combination of a massive bandwagon, victim complex, and endless smuggery makes the 90s Dallas bandwagon look like a 3 door hatchback. I can ignore that SM Manager, but I can't ignore the endless flood of bandwagon fans.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Pats Fans

I've never seen a team so blessed with natural talent and leadership get treated like a bunch of scrappy nobodies until the Pats these past few years. When big name players actively want to join your team, you can't act like underappreciated underdogs. The Pats were loving gifted a SB win by Pete Carroll and the fanbase acts like they were in charge the whole time. Tawm Brady is arguably a top 3 QB of all time and none of the fans will shut up about #199 or whatever his draft spot was. I'm a Wolverines fan and even I am tired of the storyline.

Deflategate was a real thing - Brady and Belichick have a history of cheating - but the fans will give it the ol revisionist rub of "not even collusion between 31 other teams and Goodell could keep us down." Your QB is a shady motherfucker and the fans turn their eye on it faster than Ray Rice at a nightclub.

Also, why the gently caress does it seem like SO MANY Pats fans are Trump fans too? Is it just because Brady and Belichick like the guy? I have a friend who is shopping a new team now that the Chargers abandoned him and he wants to pick a team that "no one believed in when they were down... you know, like Trump!" His wife looked so vacant when he delivered that line, and it makes me think that she will just have to carry that weight like all other Pats fans-by-proxy.

The team is actually cool and good, though Brady is a loving goober. The fans are just so lovely though...

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

Not all Pats fans are Trump supporters so going with Patriots Social Media Manager.

This is my logic for Patriots Social Media Manager.

I also don't like mass nominations like this one. They always feel dumb unless it's something really extreme like Penn State pedo apologists or something. Boston fans being godawful is just part of the background noise of American sports. It crosses every sport and every era. They're all poo poo every year.

:ssh: The dirty secret of Pats fans is that the old ones like me that remember the bad times are actually the worst, because we feel 100% entitled to poo poo on the universe forever because we had that one 1-15 season under Rod Rust/saw the Super Bowl XX snuff film as babies/take your pick. The film they show at Patriots Hall of Fame is like a modern Trumph of the Will built on this idea.

So I kind of talked up the other side but ignore that, I"m still going to stick with the single person shilling for a nazi vs. the vague crowd, i.e. the Patriots Social Media Manager.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Ooft that's a hard one. Campaign manager is possibly just doing her job so could let that slide

the loving fans though are the most self obsessed, privileged, entitled piss babies ever.

I lived with a Pats fan for 3 years. He refused to watch the Giants SB in 2011 because he knew they were going to lose. I've seen pats fans leave a game early and then stand on a bridge near the stadium as their team turned it around.

God it makes me so loving annoyed that they keep winning...and this whole "The league is out to get us" "Ya can't keep down Tawwmy" bullshit can gently caress right off.

Your coach is a cheat...your QB is a corrupt as gently caress, pussy whipped, vanilla ice having rear end motherfucker.

gently caress all of you.

Except Khalli...he's cool and good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sean10mm posted:

:ssh: The dirty secret of Pats fans is that the old ones like me that remember the bad times are actually the worst, because we feel 100% entitled to poo poo on the universe forever because we had that one 1-15 season under Rod Rust/saw the Super Bowl XX snuff film as babies/take your pick. The film they show at Patriots Hall of Fame is like a modern Trumph of the Will built on this idea.

Oh god you made it to the Super Bowl and lost when you were barely old enough to remember?

gently caress you, gently caress Pats fans.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Oh god you made it to the Super Bowl and lost when you were barely old enough to remember?

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Too close to reality to be funny is the problem.

• Locked thread