Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Going with ESPN for employing Trent Dilfer as long as they did

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

King Hong Kong posted:

I'm split and while I'd normally vote for ESPN, the Bengals' multiple nominations that have been defeated in the first round deserve to be recognized in some way.

Although losing in the first round for every entry would be very Bengals-esque.

Pacman Jones beat Donald Trump and is going to the next round.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Bengals for taking in a whole host of lovely unlikable people and still being bad completely defeating the point of taking in lovely people.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Leperflesh posted:

Pacman Jones beat Donald Trump and is going to the next round.

I somehow forgot that even after I voted for him! Oh well, I won't change my vote.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

ESPN

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eli Wiggum posted:

Going with ESPN for employing Trent Dilfer as long as they did

I'm convinced by this argument. ESPN for me.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Those are 1 point votes so The Cincinnati Bengals win, edging out ESPN 19 to 15.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bill Belichick vs. Tyler Eifert

Bill Belichick
William Stephen Belichick (born April 16, 1952) is an American football coach who is the head coach of the New England Patriots of the National Football League. Belichick has extensive authority over the Patriots' football operations, effectively making him the general manager of the team as well. He was previously the head coach of the Cleveland Browns.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Belichick and Bob Kraft: being generally evil and also Trump.

Belichick supported and presumably still supports Donald Trump. Also, he is... generally evil?

quote:

“Congratulations on a tremendous campaign,” Trump read. “You have dealt with an unbelievable slanted and negative media and have come out beautifully. You’ve proved to be the ultimate competitor and fighter. Your leadership is amazing. I have always had tremendous respect for you, but the toughness and perseverance you have displayed over the past year is remarkable. Hopefully tomorrow’s election results will give the opportunity to Make America Great Again. Best wishes for great results tomorrow, Bill Belichick.”

Here is Belichick whining about being "five weeks behind" other teams for 2017, on the occasion of receiving the MVP trophy for his superbowl-winning coaching:

quote:

"The NFL season, the calendar is what it is," Belichick added. "As of today, and as great as today feels and as great as today is, in all honesty we're five weeks behind on the 2017 season compared to the rest of the teams in the league."

Tyler Eifert
Tyler Gregory Eifert (born September 8, 1990) is an American football tight end for the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League. He played college football at the University of Notre Dame, received All-American honors, and was recognized as the top college tight end. Eifert was drafted by the Bengals in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft.

Cavauro posted:

i would like to nominate Tyler Eifert for being racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, and often injured. please second this for justice.

https://twitter.com/EiferTy85/status/796257326089043968

This is pretty much all I could find on the racism angle:

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/24036/george-iloka-colin-kaepernicks-protest-has-started-an-important-conversation

quote:

Kaepernick’s method of protest has been the subject of debate. Some players -- like Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert, who has a cousin deployed overseas -- agree with the message but disagree with the method.

“There are some issues going on right now, and I think the whole country is well-aware of it. It’s on the news every single day,” Eifert told ESPN last week. “That time during the national anthem isn’t about you, it’s not about me. It’s about the greatness of this country, paying our respects to it and all the opportunities that it offers.”

You'll have to show his sexism and racism etc. because I don't find it with a couple of quick google searches.

So who is the bigger douchebag? YOU DECIDE vote vote vote

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
They're kind of both in here for "supporting Donald Trump in the election", but Bill Belichick 's "five weeks behind" comment tips it over slightly for me. Also Eifert is a nobody and Belichick is the coach of one of the most successful teams in the league.

Granted, Nick Saban said the same thing a few years ago about the CFP, but that makes it worse because it's not even an original comment.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Belichick is going to win, and since nobody even cares about Tyler Eifert one way or the the other he really should. poo poo, I wanted to make a case for Eifert for :patssay: giggles and I can't find a drat thing. Even Deadspin couldn't ever be bothered to write a "gently caress that guy" column on him.

His fawning Trump letter by itself tops anything that anybody has actually heard about Eifert. It's not just supporting a scumbag, but the tone of it is just so creepy and sycophantic.

quote:

"Congratulations on a tremendous campaign,” Trump read. “You have dealt with an unbelievable slanted and negative media and have come out beautifully. You’ve proved to be the ultimate competitor and fighter. Your leadership is amazing. I have always had tremendous respect for you, but the toughness and perseverance you have displayed over the past year is remarkable. Hopefully tomorrow’s election results will give the opportunity to Make America Great Again. Best wishes for great results tomorrow, Bill Belichick.

Bonus points for doing the lamest dodge possible, to wit:

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status...not-politics%2F

quote:

“I’ve received a number of inquiries relative to a note that I wrote to Donald on Monday,” he said. “Our friendship goes back many years and I think anybody that’s spent more than five minutes with me knows I’m not a political person. The comments are not politically motivated, I have a friendship and loyalty to Donald."

Come the gently caress on. Even Tom Brady ultimately had the sense to bail on Trump because his wife told him to along with a ton of other Patriots, but Belichick was right there.

https://twitter.com/NYTSports/statu...wo1hp1iqbilftro

lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Bill Belichick for embodying nearly everything bad about the modern NFL.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Bill Belichick, because going out early is the perfect embodiment of Tyler Eifert's career.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Bill Belichick for embodying nearly everything bad about the modern NFL.

Can you explain this?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Hunt11 posted:

Can you explain this?

Not really I just wanted to post more words than his drat name. Dude's a year nomination with a HoF track record.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bill Belichick

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Tyler Eifert

you already know he kissed trump on the mouth

he likes game of thrones:

https://twitter.com/EiferTy85/status/777959989738635264

he likes the military too much:

(most of his other tweets)

he went to notre dame and likes jimmy buffet

https://twitter.com/EiferTy85/status/745423405470650370

he flew to new zealand just to shoot defenseless animals

he is on the cincinnati bengals, the most pointlessly dirty team in the nfl, coached by marvin lewis, who similarly to eifert, calls up former players as well as players currently on the concussion protocol and makes fun of them for "pussy brain problems"

Stop voting with the herd, without cause, with ease, without consideration

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

-Likes the second most popular fiction series on TV (#1 is the walking dead)
-Likes Jimmy Buffet
-Likes hunting
-Likes the military

Lol basically the argument is "Tyler Eifert is too American."

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

This is the Thursday Night Football equivalent of matchups. Belichick, I guess.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Not really I just wanted to post more words than his drat name. Dude's a year nomination with a HoF track record.

If this was going to be even a close match up I could understand, but this is a clash between a Juggernaut and some no name idiot.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who even backed up the eifert nomination

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Cavauro posted:

who even backed up the eifert nomination

Think I 2nd'd all the Bengals without 2nds.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thanks bud.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Bellichick because his douchiness is widespread and influential.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Bill Belichick is barely tolerable as an evil Randian supercoach. He turning out to be a sniveling toady is just embarrassing.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Bill Belichick is the man that is most definitely the bigger douche. Seriously, Bill you're five weeks behind the offseason, you know that period where you plow New England housewives? Your front office has to work harder during this period, not you. You get to relax, cut the sleeves off of the hoodies from Nike or Reebok or whatever company has the NFL apparel contract this year, maybe look up a new side piece on lonelyhousewife.com and decompress. Winning isn't everything Bill, but today I hope you win this round.

gently caress you.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I wish the SAS wiki was still up so I could post's Gendo's rendition of Bill Belichick ramming a young intern with his hoodie on.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK no point waiting any longer Bill Bellichick Wins, 24-3!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Next up we have Clay Travis vs. Dre Kirkpatrick

Clay Travis
Richard Clay Travis (born April 6, 1979) is an American sports journalist, writer, and television analyst for Fox Sports. He works as an analyst on Fox Sports 1's college pre-game show, as well as their weekly SEC football show.

what could be more douchebaggy than making your wife ride bitch on a jetski?

sean10mm posted:

I will nominate Clay Travis, bottom-tier sports writer, for his garbage opinions about everything, but specifically his ~delightful~ hot take on Colin Kaepernick.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/colin-kaepernick-is-an-idiot-082716/

quote:

In typical social justice warrior, PC bromani fashion, Kaepernick has chosen to make his voice heard in a way that pretty much only draws attention to him and does nothing to make any situation better.

quote:

Second, what does the United States do to oppress black people?

quote:

Because when I review federal law, what I see is the exact opposite of black oppression. Everyone is treated as equally as they possibly can be by the federal government. There is no systemic racism in our federal government. In fact, affirmative action is actually a governmental attempt to treat black people unequally — that is more favorably than other people — solely because of their race. If anything, the United States government’s laws discriminate in favor of black people based on their skin color.

quote:

If the country is fundamentally racist, doesn’t the fact that two white people chose to raise an abandoned black child offer persuasive evidence that his analysis of the country’s racial composition is overly broad and not supported by his own life experience?

Also this :qq: about Kaepernick and the :siren: LIBERAL MEDIA BIAS :siren:

Especially the part where Kapernick elected Trump. Maybe.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/colin-kaepernicks-free-agency-coverage-exposes-liberal-sports-media/

quote:

Given that Trump won the election by roughly 77,000 total votes in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, you can even argue that Kaepernick’s protest may have flipped the election to Trump. I mean, is it really inconceivable to think that 38,500 football fans, less than half of the crowd in a single Big Ten football stadium, could have flipped their votes from Hillary to Trump based on their disgust with Kaepernick’s protest and the fawning coverage he received from the liberal sports media?

I don’t think so.

In fact, I think you can make a decent case that Kaepernick got Trump elected president.

Which makes this all the more remarkable — Kaepernick stopped his protest after the election. So Donald Trump won the election, potentially because of Kap’s protest, and Trump immediately rolled back federal oversight of police shootings and intensified the government’s prosecution of minority offenders for minor offenses under a new attorney general, and KAEPERNICK STOPPED HIS PROTEST.

Dre Kirkpatrick
D'Andre Lawan "Dre" Kirkpatrick (born October 26, 1989) is an American football cornerback for the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League. He played college football at Alabama and was drafted by the Bengals in the first round of the 2012 NFL Draft.

Cavauro posted:

i would also like to nominate Dre Kirkpatrick for being selfish, whiny, annoying, disrespectful of authority, and stinking. He went buckwild like a little childish baby and said the nfl referees should be fined for at best a 50/50 call that went against him

douchebaggery

https://twitter.com/DreKirkSWAG/status/788751456887246849

:ok:

The video shows the officials plainly missed the Edelman facemask, but that's football. Also you don't get to just retaliate for a facemask by facemasking the other guy, Dre.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 21, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

clay Travis

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What's with all these random-rear end Bengals in the tournament?

Clay Travis

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Clay Travis beats this dumb filler Bengal hands down.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
In the battle between a racist piece of poo poo and a player nominated by noted serious poster Cavauro for a single tantrum, I'll go with Clay Travis

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Too many Bengals in the tournament, voting Clay Travis.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dre Kirkpatrick

-he likes andre "big dre" smith quite a lot even though that guy isn't that good at all
-he one time retweeted someone who was using the bengals sad pepe as their avatar. arguably good

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Clay Travis. Next round, please...

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Professional Hot Takes Man Clay Travis in a rout.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I was an idiot years ago and read his lovely book. Clay Travis

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I stand by my original effort post, and will just add lol at any Bengal getting out of the first round.

Clay Travis.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Cavauro posted:

Dre Kirkpatrick

You're not turning into a Bengal version of Parm, are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Clay Travis represents something much worse then anything that Dre could.

• Locked thread