Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Dean Spanos and the Spanos Family

gently caress this rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I have a name you know

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I nominate Ladainian Tomlinson for talking about how much he hated the Chargers moving and then immediately took a job as special counsel to noted rear end in a top hat Dean Spanos

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I've already seconded it but seriously gently caress Dean Spanos

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers FO for trying to gently caress Joey Bosa out of his contract and fining Eric Weddle for watching his daughter perform at halftime of a game instead of being in the locker room during a game we won handily.

Nominating the Chargers Front Office for Hall of Douchefame for being a completely toxic organization for the better part of 40 years under the Spanos Family Reign. Here are a few noted acts of douchebaggery:
-Alex Spanos trying to publicly smear and run Dan Fouts out of town by making up a story about how Fouts was demanding a raise which he never did.. Source: http://www.upi.com/Archives/1987/08/14/San-Diego-quarterback-Dan-Fouts-may-have-seen-his/4370555912000/
-The Chargers front office moving away from the powder blue uniforms to adopt the navy blue uniforms in an ultimate act of narcissism because the navy blue color is in the Spanos Family Crest. I can't find a source on this but it's loving true
-Getting into numerous contract holdouts and trying to gently caress rookies over, dating all the way back to LaDainian Tomlinson in 2001, Philip Rivers in 2004, Shawne Merriman in 2005, Antonio Cromartie in 2006, and Joey Bosa in 2016, and being completely unable to negotiate contracts with high profile players resulting in Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates holding out into the regular season at different points.
-Trading away their future to draft Ryan loving Leaf
-Firing a coach who just went 14-2 and replacing him with Norv Turner. Dean Spanos sided with AJ loving Smith over Marty Schottenheimer
-Lying to Drew Brees' face and telling him they were going to offer him a big deal with guaranteed money after the 2005 season. They offered him a incentive laden deal and he went to New Orleans.
-Holding the city of San Diego hostage for the better part of a decade and a half and then finally moving an NFL franchise from a city that loves them to a city that doesn't want anything to do with them.
-Employing Mark Fabiani to verbally blast the city of San Diego during the negotiations and being too chicken poo poo to answer questions directly
-John and AG Spanos taking shots at the outdated video boards at Qualcomm stadium, then being called out by SDSU officials and San Diego Union Tribune columnists saying that the Spanoses had numerous offers to help upgrade the video boards at Qualcomm. Source: http://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/17/los-angeles-chargers-john-spanos-video-boards-qualcomm-san-diego/

God damnit I hate this front office

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

gently caress Dean Spanos and his ilk now and forever

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Tom Brady

The Chargers front office personnel not named Spanos are fine, and the Spanos clan are represented elsewhere

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

This should basically be the definitive word on the subject around here.

I think SA2K even likes Brady.

I think Brady is the best QB I've ever seen and like watching him play.

He's a douche of a person though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spanos and his ilk

What reason should I go with? Oh, I know.

How about John Spanos praising the stubhub center's video replay boards and saying how nice it was to have modern video boards, taking shots at Qualcomm and how antiquated it was.

Then having it come out that both the city and SDSU offered and reached out multiple times to the Chargers to partner with them to update the Qualcomm video boards, which the Chargers declined every time

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

This is gonna end with Spanos v Davis isn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spanos and Family

• Locked thread