Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Dave Caldwell
Chargers Front Office
Richard Sherman
Chargers Cheerleaders Jackoff Guard
"Sehawks Team"
Jarran Reed
Ryan Pace
Facebook, Amazon, and Twitter
Chuck Staben
Ladainian Tomlinson
Kyle Shanahan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Dilfer shouldn't cruise by on reputation. After all, didn't Bruce Allen try to argue that the term "Redskin" was an an expression of solidarity? Not to mention the whole Scot McCloughan story this year.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

I'm assuming the social media manager is intrinsically linked to the fans regardless of how Leperflesh adjudicates that distinction without a difference and the fans are an abomination, so Pats fans.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Pacman because we might as well be voting for warcrimes for saying the same things Trump did while having an equally distant relationship to the game today.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Mark Davis because he somehow gets lauded by homers for having a few quirks that somehow excuse his actions, having a self-righteous but not at all consistent stance regarding domestic violence, and for being unscrupulous enough to take advantage of bad government in order to personally enrich himself.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

I'm split and while I'd normally vote for ESPN, the Bengals' multiple nominations that have been defeated in the first round deserve to be recognized in some way.

Although losing in the first round for every entry would be very Bengals-esque.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Pacman Jones beat Donald Trump and is going to the next round.

I somehow forgot that even after I voted for him! Oh well, I won't change my vote.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

This is the Thursday Night Football equivalent of matchups. Belichick, I guess.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

The posters responsible for nominating and seconding every person ever associated with the Bengals.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Can we do all the people who said stupid things about Kaepernick and all the Bengals en bloc?

If not, I guess the people who said stupid things about Kaepernick who are somehow distinct from the previous individuals who said the same things.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 22, 2017

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Bob Kraft.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

It isn't so much that Brock Osweiler is bad at his job, which was hilarious to anyone who wasn't a Texans fan. It's that he seems to sincerely believe that he is excellent and melts down when people suggest otherwise.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Here's a full transcript they linked to and yeah that's completely out of line.

I forgot about this. We have loads of individual Bengals but can't distinguish between Martellus and Michael? I'd change my vote if it was for Michael individually.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Frank Clark because every football team does what Caldwell did and says the same things but not everyone tells a reporter to clean a fish tank for reporting on his domestic violence. Also, Clark was directly implicated in the domestic violence leading to the exchange in question whereas Caldwell's connection is indirect.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Chargers' FO deserves this.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

A senile, retired broadcaster whose sexist comments were outside the scope of the contest is, of course, less irritating than Richard Sherman, whose toxic attitude and declining play is going to be the perfect emblem of the Seahawks' window slamming shut in the near future.

He was right about the Super Bowl, though.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Whitlock is definitely worse but the Chargers wanker is more amusing.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

As much as I'd like to vote for a Seahawk, it can only be Tom Brady.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Spanos.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Unlike Pacman, who I think everyone despises, Bill Belichick's legacy is going to be secured by all the Boston homers in the sports media. This cannot be tolerated.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

I am really burnt out on Trent Dilfer even though he was a fair nomination and this was the year of idiots saying stupid things about Kaep, so it seems fair to go with the spirit of the times.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

My reasoning got cited so I'll toss in the fact that, presumably in large part due to the move, the Raiders valuation has increased 47%. They are now, at least in the Forbes metric, worth more than the Chargers as a result of public financing.

Mark Davis.

Also, I just realized that the tweet that warcrimes posted in N/V about the valuation was a new tweet about a new story about a ranking that is (I think) ten months old. The media is dead.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 14, 2017

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Frank Clark and I reserve the right to add justification if this somehow gets close.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

The Spanos family is the real problem with the Chargers and Tom Brady would exceed their employees just by promoting fraudulent "health" products, let alone everything else he is a symbol for.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

I have to agree with the reasoning that a purveyor of hot takes should be expected to say truly awful things at this point, whereas Frank Clark attempted to silence someone reporting on domestic violence and then excused that with the most insincere apology possible.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

As much as I detest Tom Brady, moving a team and all the consequences of doing so are ultimately more substantial than playing for the Patriots. Mark Davis.

By the way, since the Chargers aren't in their final home, wouldn't the Spanos family qualify for the contest until that happened using the same logic applied here?

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Pacman Jones

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Kaep people because I can live my life without ever hearing or hearing about Jason Whitlock except, apparently, on SA while the Kaep people were impossible to avoid.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Mark Dav... I mean Tom Brady because he usurped someone who deserved to be here more than he did and I still don't care about hot take artists.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Neil Armbong posted:

You can avoid hot take artists like Whitlock and Travis and I think a lot of folks here overstate their influence and reach.

With the ratings they get, I imagine their reach and influence is pretty much confined to people who hate them and still pay attention for some reason.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

sean10mm posted:

Hot take garbage is still a thriving industry last I looked so I'm skeptical of this take.

Aren't Travis and Whitlock both on FS1, which has absolute garbage ratings in general? Speak for Yourself has maybe 50,000 people who watch it. A guy eating hamburgers while wearing a suit with literally no editing gets better numbers on youtube.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

Yeah Clay Travis and Jason Whitlock aren't all that important, and their rhetoric/efforts don't matter. The fanbases don't actually listen to them, and their talk doesn't end up in the football zeitgeist

Your meltdown stole the thunder of my ironic post where I was going to say something about there being only 50,000 Chargers fans and vote for Whitlock.

Instead, I am going to vote for the Spanos family, because moving a team is a tangible “douche” move whereas one can not distinguish a single awful voice shouting in a hurricane.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Unlike Dean Spanos, who is a loosah much like his team, Tahm is a winnah and clutch and the goat and deserves to win this competition and will do anything to win, including sacrificing his salary* in the Blitz for Six!

Tom Brady

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Duly noted.

I have no idea if you want seconds for that, but if so, I second that.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

PSU fans no doubt deserve this, but while PSU’s reputation is essentially forever irreparably tarnished to anyone living outside that area and it is pretty easy not to suffer its fans in most parts of the country, we all suffer from Belichick and his reign of terror.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

WampaLord posted:

I was probably going to vote for Belichick but that one poster who was all "I don't know if a political opinion should be a valid reason for adding PSU fans to the contest" changed my mind.

gently caress PSU fans. It's okay to drop out of a fandom if it becomes toxic, just because they're "your team" doesn't mean you have to defend actual factual child rape you goddamn morons.

By all means vote for PSU because they are awful but I’m 90% certain you misread that post. He was criticizing people for voting for Brady, Belichick, etc. on the basis of their support of Trump, which was distinct from his insane apologetics for PSU fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

WampaLord posted:

This was posted after a bunch of seconding for PSU fans happened and not as a response to someone saying "I'm voting for Belichick because he loves Trump"

I left it at 90% because there is always the possibility for someone to be unexpectedly stupid. But otherwise you are reading way too much into the immediate context. People had been nominating Brady and Belichick within a few posts of that and part of the logic for that was Trump. Meanwhile, no one’s vote for PSU had anything to do with politics and he made it clear he was talking about two different things when he said “as well.” This should be obvious.

I don’t know why I’m bothering to clarify someone else’s bad opinions but here I am.

• Locked thread