Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
I'm nominating Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell for the Douchiest response to drafting a player with multiple domestic assault incidents (of the many this year):

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706607-nfl-draft-shows-the-league-is-still-clueless-about-domestic-violence

quote:

This weekend, Oklahoma receiver Dede Westbrook was picked by the Jaguars in the fourth round. He has multiple accusations of violence against him involving the mother of his children. Though Westbrook was not convicted of a crime, the stories are ugly, involving allegedly throwing the woman to the ground and, at another time, punching her in the face.

When asked if he was concerned about the public image of the Jaguars after picking such a controversial player, general manager Dave Caldwell told reporters (according to statements distributed by the team): "I think we have done our due diligence enough to realize that is behind him and that, like we said, all of those charges were dropped. I think we all have been accused of things, not all of us, but many of us have been accused of things. We don't take it lightly. Obviously it is a serious issue, and we just feel like at this point in time to give the kid a chance to make it right."

I don't know many people accused of physically beating a woman multiple times.

But that's just me.

Caldwell's remarks, easily, make up one of the stupidest quotes of the draft.

Some franchises removed Westbrook off their boards, according to sources. But clearly not the Jaguars.

"The charges were dropped," Caldwell said. "There were no charges, never evolved into anything—2013 was the last one, so we felt like that stuff was behind him."

Well maybe since it was 4 years ago he has matured and changed, keeping himself out of trouble oh wait...

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...plaints-2012-13

quote:

Westbrook has twice been involved with police in his hometown of Cameron, Texas, in 2016.
Westbrook was arrested for trespassing on May 23. Westbrook was visiting the property resident's daughter, according to the police report, but all parties knew he was not allowed to be there because of a past altercation. Westbrook was subjected to racial slurs but remained cooperative and followed a patrol car to the sheriff's station, where he was booked into Milam County Jail for misdemeanor criminal trespassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If it's not too late...

1) Dave Caldwell--It's my nominee, for good reason
2) Chargers Front Office--Don't normally like voting for groups but gently caress these guys
3) Chuck Staben--gently caress the NCAA
4) Richard Sherman--gently caress the Seahawks
5) Jarran Reed--Ibid
6)Chargers Cheerleaders Jackoff Guard--Would be higher except he was punished for it

7) Ryan Pace (sucks at his job, but can't blame him for not giving a poo poo)
8) Ladainian Tomlinson (can't blame him too much for wanting a cushy position)
9) "Sehawks Team" (I don't like voting for group entities)
10) Facebook, Amazon, and Twitter (come on)
11) Kyle Shanahan (Really dumb playcalling isn't douchy. It's not like he's been defending himself, either)

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Mark Davis

For being a billionaire and yet still choosing to have a page boy haircut in TYOOL 2017

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

They both are worthy contenders, but I have to vote Clay Travis simply on principle of voting for individual achievement versus nebulous group nominees.

But man, all that Deflategate whining...

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Trent Dilfer sucks and looks like a penis.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Tom Brady for throwing his wife (who actually makes more than him) under the bus when faced with public scrutiny.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Former NWA-TNA Tag Team Champion Pacman Jones due to his incredibly terrible TNA theme music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEHDfheDRYY

WHY DONCHA LEAVE EM ALONEEEEE

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

It's ultimately a question of scale.

Clay Travis is pure distilled douche, but at the end of the day he really isn't important. He could be replaced with another talking head tomorrow and no one would care.

Tom Brady may very well retire as the most successful player in NFL history and yet he STILL whines about every little thing that doesn't go his way, flagrantly breaks and undermines the rules and sportsmanship of the game of football both on AND off the field, threw his wife under the bus in an attempt to deflect blame from himself, and is a giant picky baby about everything he eats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

I was going to give it to Belichick, but the culture of hero worship surrounding PSU fans is too strong to pass up.

• Locked thread