Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Brent Musberger for trying to redeem Joe Mixon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Leperflesh posted:

Not to be the thread douchebag, but:

I don't know who this guy is?

These other guys also didn't really follow the rules but I knew who brady, spanos, and cowherd are.

Whoops, my bad :downs:

And you're running it, so if I gently caress it up without properly reading the OP, that's on me.

Thanks Grittybeard though!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also nominating skip bayless

I hope I don't need to explain why.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That's true. Honestly, I should go dig up those Clay Travis tweets, but I forget if they were football related or not.

gently caress Clay Travis (this post is not a nomination)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sean10mm posted:

I will nominate Clay Travis, bottom-tier sports writer, for his garbage opinions about everything, but specifically his ~delightful~ hot take on Colin Kaepernick.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/colin-kaepernick-is-an-idiot-082716/

Also this :qq: about Kaepernick and the :siren: LIBERAL MEDIA BIAS :siren:

Especially the part where Kapernick elected Trump. Maybe.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/colin-kaepernicks-free-agency-coverage-exposes-liberal-sports-media/

I will second clay travis

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Leperflesh posted:

Who is he and what did he do?

You do, actually. Remember, I need a blurb to post for the matchups. You guys don't expect me to do all that work, do you?? :colbert:

Also specifically, what he did this past year.

Reminder to everyone, so far we only have two nominations for the lifetime achievement award. Those nominations will be open for a long time, but, it's a good thing to think about when nominating dudes who have been douchebags forever, perhaps like Skip Bayless.

Ok fine. I suck! :saddowns: (no really, I'm on fire in this thread for lovely posts!)

Skip Bayless for lifetime achievement, especially for pushing Tim Tebow on the world like a loving madman.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:smith:

(joke nomination) I nominate Joe Flacco for the HOF the endless IS HE ELITE? debates.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Leperflesh posted:

I hereby Nominate "everyone who insisted Kaep insulted the troops" for Douchebag of the Year

I second this nomination

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Leperflesh posted:

There are approximately 19 nomiations that have zero seconds. I don't really see a way to include some but not all of them into a tournament bracket without being arbitrarily tyrannical and just picking my own (basically by seconding some of them myself). My inclination is to be inclusive. Does anyone object?

I think we should wrap up nominations in the next day or two and move on to the tournament.

Could you repost the nominations without a second?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'll second Bill Belichick

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Trent Dilfer. :effort:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You mother fucker :argh:

Is there any way to lump them into one giant "Patriots as a whole" thing? No?

Ok, fine.

Patriots Fans, if barely. A combination of a massive bandwagon, victim complex, and endless smuggery makes the 90s Dallas bandwagon look like a 3 door hatchback. I can ignore that SM Manager, but I can't ignore the endless flood of bandwagon fans.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Donald Trump

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I hereby retract my vote for Trump, and switch it to Pacman (if I can do so).

However, I nominate Donald Trump for the Douche HoF for the sole act of killing the USFL because he couldn't get an NFL franchise.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mark Davis

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hmm...

ESPN

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Part of me wonders if ESPN would be better served as a hof entry.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bill Belichick

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

clay Travis

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

King Hong Kong posted:

The posters responsible for nominating and seconding every person ever associated with the Bengals.

Seconded, though whoever nominated Pacman is ok.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cavauro.

(Kaep people)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bob Kraft

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Brock Osweiler

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Caldwell

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Chargers Front Office, mostly because Mixon's worst poo poo was mostly in a prior year.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Brent

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Whitlock

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alright, time to drop a three pointer: I already voted Whitlock earlier, but in terms of how much of a douche he is? He got disqualified from the "hot take of the week" competition for Awful Announcing. That takes epic levels of douchiness.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tom Brady

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hot Diggity! posted:

Spanos because what Pace did was good as hell

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bill

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

If and only if Bill does not win this round, I nominate him for the d-bag hall of fame, for spygate, among other crimes against the sport of football.

Actually, gently caress it, consider it a HoF nomination anyway, because why not.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

all-Rush mixtape posted:

You can't be in both in the same year.

If Bill does not advance then (unless this no longer allowed in the 2nd round on, because I did this with Trump earlier).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Withdrawing my vote for Bill in favor of a hopeful HoF nod. Switching to Pacman

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

While pats fans are a whiny fanbase with a combo of victim complex, smug, and d-baggery

Clay Travis is a loving douchebag beyond that of Skip Bayless

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shangri-Law School posted:

I nominate Cavauro for the Hall of Fame for making a mockery of this exercise in mockery.

Seconded

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kaep People

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eli Wiggum posted:

I guarantee you that over 50% of Kaep People aren't even that patriotic to begin with and just got huffy over a colored person kneeling during the Anthem

Or someone told them to on Fox News.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mark Davis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Frank Clark

• Locked thread