Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I nominate for the HOF the horrible institution of "scholarly" achievement Florida State University for the following non-Jamies Winston reasons:

* Inconsistency in punishment of student athletes who were charged with felony crimes - Peter Warrick and Laverenous Coles both got caught ship lifting from a department store. Basically a clerk was in on it and gave them free clothes. Warrick at the time was the star player, potential Heisman candidate, and future Bengal got suspended. Coles? Booted from the team.

* The creation of the "Deon Sanders Rule" - PrimeTime Neon Deon Sanders basically said lol gently caress school and didn't attend classes or take his finals the entire fall semester prior to his star performance at the 1989 Sugar Bowl. The athletic department knew and didn't care until it came out afterwards and the state legislature had to make a law that basically says "if you want play in a bowl game you have to complete the fall term".

* Systematic Academic Fraud - 27 student athletes across 9 sports cheated on tests and quizzes for online courses they never "attended" but needed to maintain GPA. While not as expansive as the UNCLE issues, this is beyond the scope of just the football team.

These three things span the 80s, 90s, and 00s. FSU deserves your vote for the Hall of Fame because of a long standing tradition enshrining athletics over scholarship, stars over JAGs, and ensuring that even the simplest of athletes stay on the field. It is my hope that you'll agree and join me in recognizing the true degree of douchiness that FSU has strived for decades to achieve will finally be recognized by this esteemed body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

I second Robert Kraft

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Bill Belichick is the man that is most definitely the bigger douche. Seriously, Bill you're five weeks behind the offseason, you know that period where you plow New England housewives? Your front office has to work harder during this period, not you. You get to relax, cut the sleeves off of the hoodies from Nike or Reebok or whatever company has the NFL apparel contract this year, maybe look up a new side piece on lonelyhousewife.com and decompress. Winning isn't everything Bill, but today I hope you win this round.

gently caress you.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Belichck will win by a landslide so here is a token Pacman Jones vote because that spitting poo poo is gross as gently caress, and he's been a huge rear end in a top hat and literal criminal forever.

Your drat straight he will and I'll help Bill Belichck deserves to go through because seriously gently caress that guy. He wants everyone to think he's some kind of football savant who locks himself in some kind of basement lab cooking up new every offseason. But in actuality Bill's just a grumpy old gently caress who got lucky with the best QB to play the game, and his master stroke of douche moves will be the simultaneous retirement of Brady and Belichck.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

I've spent some time thinking hard about my undying hatred of the Patriots and it has 100% to do with their fans. Robert Kraft, he who may have moved on too soon following the passing of his dear wife, who remains publicly friends with Donald J Trump, who wisely gave up a ring to Putin while in Russia. This man is not a douche, this man is just a man.

Jason Whitlock by default.

I expect this to be 1 point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

My hope is that this is the vote that sends this over the edge and gives the title to the Spanos Family. I've not been very active only advancing a few causes - namely that Belicheck deserves to advance whenever possible. Not because I didn't follow along, but mainly because I never felt strongly one way or another about most of the candidates. Thomas Brady is a douche and he deserves to be the Douche of the Year Runner Up.

San Diego is a nice, wonderful and beautiful city. Frankly it's my favorite city in all of California and every person from SD I've ever met were nice and wonderful people. Qualcomm was a shithole, you could tell that by driving by it on the freeway at 70+ miles an hour. But San Diego did not deserve to loose its football team because of a lovely stadium, and LA did not deserve to get that team. The SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS were the best drat team with the best drat uniforms and the best drat fight song and SPANOS RIPPED THAT AWAY FROM US. gently caress the Spanos clan, gently caress LA, gently caress the LA Chargers. No one wanted this outcome besides Dean and Alex Spanos, they deserve the crown.

• Locked thread