Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tom Brady for all the reasons mentioned, but also for skimming off the top of a local charity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sour Diesel posted:

skip bayless owns

Yeah. I'm nominating people who don't like Skip Bayless.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Seconding Bill Belichick for penning this:

quote:

“Congratulations on a tremendous campaign. You have to help with an unbelievable slanted and negative media and have come out beautifully. You have proven to be the ultimate competitor fighter. Your leadership is amazing. I have always had tremendous respect for you for the toughness and perseverance you have displayed over the past year is remarkable. Hopefully tomorrow’s election, the results will give the opportunity to make America great again.

Best wishes for great results tomorrow,

Bill Belichick”

S-s-s-s... Seattle. Seattle. Seattle.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bruce Allen

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Patriots fans for finally earning their M.S. degrees at the exact moment Ted Wells released his report.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Too close to reality to be funny is the problem.

Literally every single Pats fan I have ever met has said to me, “Hey, I was with them when they sucked!”

Not a legit excuse anymore even if you're like 60.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Donald Trump is a weird person to even be in this competition but the fact I might go the rest of my life without a day where I don't think about him is so haunting that I feel the need to say "gently caress Donald Trump" whenever possible.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tom Brady

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I respect the rationale that Travis is probably more readily described as a “douche” than a menacing domestic abuser is (and will probably employ the same rationale whenever Brady goes against a truly heinous, evil person), but Frank Clark is a monster AND a douche. Shouldn't be a blow out.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tom Brady steals money from children with disabilities.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sean10mm posted:

Way to put your thumb on the scale there buddy.

Also most of Brady's peak douche is old news, his shady TB12 company included. That story broke in 2015, so no votes based on just that are valid.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...qeBL/story.html

He's a great Hall of Fame candidate, but for this year he's piss weak compared to a team stealing piece of poo poo people are trying to excuse on a legalistic loophole, or because he has a populist image that fools morons.

lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Whitlock because of the "should be a person" rule.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Clay Travis is a hot take guy on FS1 who does morning college football pregame shows. It's his job to make lists like this. Please.

Tom Brady on the other hand, just in the past year...

• continued his shitfit over being caught cheating
  • called his wife a liar
  • promoted Donald Trump and acted all “aw shucks I'm just a simple guy” when confronted
  • said he can play until his mid-forties
  • agreed to pose on the cover of Madden and made a dumb video about how the curse isn't real
  • hawks bullshit fad diet gear and quack science
  • continued to cheat by subverting the salary cap
  • probably cheated in some way he hasn't been caught at yet
  • enabled a cult of sycophants that pounce on any suggestion he did something not elite
  • STOLE MONEY FROM DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED CHILDREN
  • looked liked this

fsif fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 30, 2017

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

**Lives in a Trump-ruled United States, with burgeoning Nazi populations and white supremacists organizing into actual groups intent on exercising political power and justifying their views in the media**

Yeah Clay Travis and Jason Whitlock aren't all that important, and their rhetoric/efforts don't matter. The fanbases don't actually listen to them, and their talk doesn't end up in the football zeitgeist

I... think they're more a symptom than a cause. On the list of factors that led to the ascent of the alt-right, I imagine sports hot takes are pretty low.

I really did want to vote Whitlock because of his hat, but I think the Spanos had a strong enough case just with the Bosa contract alone. Moving the Chargers puts it over the top.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This isn't a vote, but it's topical.

https://twitter.com/SFY/status/892194357574369280

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tom Brady and the problem is that I can't really type up a bunch of words to make my entry worth more points because I already said them all and Shangri-Law School and Magnetic North were more eloquent than I could ever be, but hopefully these old gifs I made at the start of Deflategate will do the job.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also that old Deflategate thread owned early on because it was a mix of unbridled glee and Pats fans agreeing with Brady's father calling it "Framegate" lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Second Tom Brady, third Belichick

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Someone supporting Trump or Clinton, or whoever is their business. Just because someone doesn't believe their views doesn't make them a douchebag.

Counterpoint: it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Congratulations on a tremendous campaign. You have to help with an unbelievable slanted and negative media and have come out beautifully. You have proven to be the ultimate competitor fighter. Your leadership is amazing. I have always had tremendous respect for you for the toughness and perseverance you have displayed over the past year is remarkable. Hopefully tomorrow’s election, the results will give the opportunity to make America great again.

Best wishes for great results tomorrow,

Bill Belichick

___

And also him for his cheating, too.

• Locked thread