Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I figure we are already going to have some obvious options like NCAA, Mark Emmert, Goodell, Kraft, Baylor, Penn State, Jimbo Fisher, Snyder, Rovell, Cowherd, SAS, etc, but it never hurts to list em.

Ryan Pace for actively and visibly trying to blow this year's draft. Knowing that he was on his way out, Pace refused to resign a bunch of good existing players, traded away a lot of the team's future picks to move up one (ONE) spot (that wasn't under contention) to pick up an unproven rookie QB after signing a veteran to a long deal, and using three of his remaining four draft picks to select players from lower division teams. He won't win, but gently caress Pace.

The Bennett Brothers (Martellus and Michael) for seeking out media outlets purely to talk poo poo on anyone they didn't like. It pretty quickly evolved from blowing off steam à la Dennis Rodman to simply being dicks for the sake of attention. They took being outspoken to douchey levels purely for the notoriety.

Speaking of Michael Bennett, the Seahawks Defense has had a super douchey relationship with local media as of late. Richard Sherman threatened to ruin a reporter's career because he didn't appreciate the line of questions being asked. Bennett accused one reporter, who had survived cancer, of having never experienced adversity comparable to the game Bennett had just lost to the Falcons. As a Seattleite, my friends who interact with the team regularly have said that the D has become entitled as of late (while the offense is more or less unremarkable still).

ESPN for paying top dollar to get rights to NFL broadcasts even though their revenue stream couldn't handle it. Massive layoffs were directly tied to the NFL and NBA packages recently negotiated.

Facebook, Amazon, and Twitter for entering a bidding war for TNF games. Seriously, please kill off TNF so we don't have to complain about 4 days rest or watching the Cowboys lose again on national TV.

Vontaze Burfict for once again being the dirtiest and douchiest player in the league. Toss in Pacman Jones (who was recently arrested again for assault and spitting on a nurse while in custody) and you have the two biggest dicks in the NFL ON THE SAME TEAM. Their douchebaggery cost their team a guaranteed playoff win last year. They also downplayed some of the worst hits in the game in the name of winning (which, again, they didn't).

Dean Spanos for an infinite number of reasons holy poo poo I can't begin the list because it's so loving deep. Spanos is going to probably win so I'll leave this short.

That's all for now.

Leperflesh posted:

I don't know who this guy is?

These other guys also didn't really follow the rules but I knew who brady, spanos, and cowherd are.

Musberger is a sports caster who is mostly used in college football. He has done a lot of stupid poo poo in his career as of late, including objectifying AJ McCarron's fiancée on live TV and basically making it known that football is more important than... well, a lot. Most recently, he lauded Joe Mixon, an Oklahoma player penalized for punching a woman, for his return to glory and overcoming all of the bad times that had befallen him for, you know, punching a lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Leperflesh posted:

I've provisionally entered it.

Mixon apologized, got punished by his team and I think was put on probation, and then agreed to release the video of the incident to use as a teaching moment and to shut up everyone that was blaming the girl. I think he gets a pass.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

bobjr posted:

Would the Penn State Trustee who said he was tired of "the so called victims" of Sandusky count?

I think he was on the board of regents?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Sour Diesel posted:

skip bayless owns

Seconded

Thirded

Fourthed

gently caress you - why did you ever show me this gif?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Rovell deserves to be in the Lifetime category. He placed runner up recently and I would hate to hurt his brand any further.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I think that Frank Clark is technically part of the Seahawks Defense entry vis a vis their war with the media doing their jobs, but ok.

I will second Jason Whitlock for (IIRC) using his stature as the most visible black sports writer to create an overhyped website that tanked, blaming that on black sports fans not supporting him, and questioning other black reports'/writers' blackness, all while belittling Kaep/BLM/etc.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Leperflesh posted:

Is this a second, or are you suggesting I fold Clark in with "Sehawks Team" and/or Seahawks Defense?

The latter, because it seems a little odd that a few players on the same defense are having comparable tiffs with the media for no reason. The two separate nominations can act as first and second, I guess?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Leperflesh posted:

Ryan Pace 4
Facebook, Amazon, and Twitter 6
Kyle Shanahan 7
Chargers Front Office 1
Chuck Staben 3
Chargers Cheerleaders Jackoff Guard 11
Ladainian Tomlinson 10
Dave Caldwell 5
"Sehawks Team" 9
Richard Sherman 2
Jarran Reed 8

Vote!

Done.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Dilfer is a sanctimonious douche but he also got what was coming to him when he got fired. Also, he's worse than Bruce Allen but not 3 points worse.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Pats Fans

I've never seen a team so blessed with natural talent and leadership get treated like a bunch of scrappy nobodies until the Pats these past few years. When big name players actively want to join your team, you can't act like underappreciated underdogs. The Pats were loving gifted a SB win by Pete Carroll and the fanbase acts like they were in charge the whole time. Tawm Brady is arguably a top 3 QB of all time and none of the fans will shut up about #199 or whatever his draft spot was. I'm a Wolverines fan and even I am tired of the storyline.

Deflategate was a real thing - Brady and Belichick have a history of cheating - but the fans will give it the ol revisionist rub of "not even collusion between 31 other teams and Goodell could keep us down." Your QB is a shady motherfucker and the fans turn their eye on it faster than Ray Rice at a nightclub.

Also, why the gently caress does it seem like SO MANY Pats fans are Trump fans too? Is it just because Brady and Belichick like the guy? I have a friend who is shopping a new team now that the Chargers abandoned him and he wants to pick a team that "no one believed in when they were down... you know, like Trump!" His wife looked so vacant when he delivered that line, and it makes me think that she will just have to carry that weight like all other Pats fans-by-proxy.

The team is actually cool and good, though Brady is a loving goober. The fans are just so lovely though...

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Magnetic North posted:

Yes, the NFL is full of shitheads and felons, but the Pats pretend they are different with all that Patriot Way crap.

This reminds me of when all those Pats fans traded in their Aaron Hernandez jerseys after he was arrested. A few fans said that they were doing so not because he was, you know, problematic and a murderer, but because he dared to besmirch the Patriot name and get arrested for multiple murders in the same year that Mrs. Kraft died of cancer.

The Patriot Way is the NFL version of St Louis' Best Fans in Baseball poo poo. Ugh.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Pacman Jones for everything I said above, everything he has done in the past, and whatever the gently caress he is probably doing right now.

He is a walking advertisement that you can be a complete piece of poo poo on and off the field and still keep your job of you can tackle Antonio Brown twice a season. I hate to invoke the "think of the children" argument but young football fans in Ohio have it bad enough without this turd staying in the headlines all year long.

Also everyone else in the league hates him for his attitude and dirty play and this obstinate gently caress thinks they're just haters.

Trump is a douche but he has almost nothing to do with football and should be folded into the Pats Fans entry.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think he's as widely hated as Zurreco seems to think but whatever, he gets my vote this round.

Read up little one.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Mark Davis doesn't have the mental capacity to be a douche. He was incapable of being coy related to his desire to go to Vegas that he didn't even try to lead Oakland on. He tried to make a play on Adelson but uhh, it didn't happen and also gor Adelson out of the arena deal, so a net win.

Burfict is basically Pacman but worse, and he also admits to being a douche pretty openly.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
ESPN, if not for the reasons I posted, then because they brought SAS, Rovell, Bayless, etc to the mainstream. They also refuse to honestly broach important topics, like how the NFLPA needs to make weed a non-offense for tests or how the NCAA needs to pay its players, because they don't want to cross owners if it costs em a buck or a pageview.

Also, they keep giving Lavar Ball airtime.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Bellichick because his douchiness is widespread and influential.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Clay Travis. Next round, please...

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Pacman and Vontaze are legit candidates :colbert:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Kaep people.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Marvis Lewis is just a crotchedy old man who should have been fired by now.

Bob Kraft is a poo poo heel owner who enables Belichick and Brady, believes in the Patriot Way, and even weaponized his wife's death to bolster the brand. He also promoted the idea that Deflategate was a conspiracy against Brady and, when he saw the writing on the wall, tried to throw himself onto the sword to spare Brady to make himself look like an innocent owner.

gently caress him.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
What did Osweiller even do? He rode pine for Manning, got paid to go to Houston, sucked, and was punished by being sold to the Browns.

The Bennett Bros took playful shittalking to douchedom purely because it got them a microphone. Keep in mind, both brothers are good at dishing but entirely incapable of taking it in return. The Seahawks bro, upon losing to the much better Falcons this postseason, instantly started calling out reporters for daring to question any shortcomings (including asking a cancer survivor what kind of adversity they had been through, as if playing in the LoB is that rough). He also outright boycotted the Seattle Times for daring to say the Seahawks were no longer all that domineering on the field due to a culture of entitlement.

I really liked Martellus, but don't act like running to the Pats is a testament to how good of a receiver you are rather than how much of an upgrade to QB/the offense in general was.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Caldwell because of the implications.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Chargers FO by a loving landslide. It takes a lot of balls to try to shaft your first round pick over pocket change, call him out for doing the same in return, and then blaming it all on "not the Chargers."

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
To pile on, the Chargers knowingly employed and publicly supported a medical practitioner known for overmedicating patients and once abandoning his on call to get drunk and maybe gently caress a stripper. It took a lot of lawsuits to gertt him removed.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Musby

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

iospace posted:

Whitlock

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Jason Whitlock also probably jerks it to the cheerleaders at any game he goes to and then tells security that they can't touch him because his show All Takes Matter is a big deal.

Jason Whitlock thinks that Jed York is the blackest owner in the NFL.

Jason Whitlock thinks QBs are throwing for extra yardage because the Earth is flat and if you would just watch this video, you would agree. Also, listen to his podcast and buy some of his Scentsy candles.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
T*m Br*dy

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Zurreco posted:

Dean Spanos for an infinite number of reasons holy poo poo I can't begin the list because it's so loving deep. Spanos is going to probably win so I'll leave this short.

gg end fast

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Pacman is a douche.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Bellichick is old man douche. Pacman is young brazen douche that reaches kids.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Oh man. I was totally going to go with Pats Fans here until I started reading those excerpts. Clay Travis is another point of fact that being a huge douche gets you rewarded with exposure, thereby promoting the idea that being a douche is acceptable. He also does all of the stupid poo poo that non-TV douches do: turn rape into a joke, mock people for showing emotion, play off the "it was just a joke" trope whenever caught in the wrong, etc. gently caress him.

Googling "Clay Travis douche" returns "About 5,750,000 results (0.52 seconds)," while "Pats Fans douche" returns "About 88,500 results (0.43 seconds)." Food for thought.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

WampaLord posted:

I'm not a fan of all the anti-group bias I see amongst the votes. Just weigh each side as you will, don't go "Well, I'm voting for this person because I don't like the concept of voting for a group."

Groups are perfectly valid options.

Small defined groups, like the Spanos Clan or the Baylor Regents, makes sense, but attributing anything to a huge group like All Pats Fans or Everyone in Cincinatti is useless.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Dilfer

He technically is a part of the other group already, but he also thinks that his specific opinion is somehow more valid than the rest of those jamokes. The only two people who actually give a poo poo about Dilfer's opinions on Kaep (or anything, really) are whoever put him on air and Dilfer himself.

Dilfer uses social media and hot take talk shows to talk down about Kaep's subtle, respectful, and accurate protest as a sign of entitlement and doesn't see the loving irony therein.

Also, his name is Trent. Trent. That's probably #6 on the douchiest possible name. He probably asks his wife if she thinks he's a DILF-er every day and it probably kills her to hear that poo poo joke.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Neither. You've pitted two men too stupid to be douchey against eachother. All Brock wants to do is be tall and all Mark wants to do is play office at the PF Changs bar.

You're all monsters.

e: Also, gently caress Metapod.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Fronk Clork

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Whitlock

He a gently caress

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Chargers FO for the typo-laden reasons I gave before plus all of the poo poo that I posted in the Chargers thread over the last year.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
House Spanos by the longest possible shot.

• Betraying a city
  • Leading on an entire team
  • Trying to share a stadium with your nortal enemies
  • etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Clay Travis seems like he thinks he's just being a contrarian for the laughs but doesn't realize he is picking the worst battles everytime. Mock a draftee for honoring his dead grandmother. Judge a dude for being assaulted on a plane because airlines treat their customers like cattle. Cry foul when THE SAME INDUSTRY deems his child's infested hair as a threat to others (it is).

Clay Travis is the guy that says passively racist things and decides if he was joking or not based on the backlash.

• Locked thread