Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

Not to be the thread douchebag, but:

I don't know who this guy is?

These other guys also didn't really follow the rules but I knew who brady, spanos, and cowherd are.

Brent Musburger is a pretty famous college football announcer. You may remember him oggling AJ Mccarron's girlfriend on national television during the BCS Championship game.

I'm not sure if I am pushing the boundaries of this, but I nominate Donald Trump for saying that the only reason teams haven't signed Colin Kaepernick was because they were afraid of a tweet from him.

I believe his football credentials and his douchery this season have been amongst the most impactful​. Hell, I am only pulling one football related comment and there are many more. He has gone from torpedoing the USFL to laying waste to my listening enjoyment.

In closing, if he's good enough for the WWE Hall of Fame, he has more than earned the title of Football Douchebag of the Year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Grittybeard posted:

I'll second Mark Emmert, President of the NCAA for the Hall of Fame.

I don't want to look up everything he's done right now, but he's basically made a career out of being very douchy about college athletes receiving any benefits other than an education (which is even more significantly unfortunate if you were recruited to, say, North Carolina as an athlete).

Seconded. I wrote a very detailed argument in last year's Hall of Fame thread, I believe. I will try to check archives for it after this dumb ER trip is over.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I was sure I would vote for Allen, but then I remembered that Trent Dilfer literally said that he did not want to use his celebrity to bring national attention to the horrorific practice of human trafficking, because he was afraid that it could distract his multimillionaire coworker from the oh so important task of throwing a football to another multimillionaire teammate. All for the entertainment of dumb, entitled Americans sitting at home in clothes quite possibly made by said trafficked children, if those children were the lucky ones.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Donald Trump should be winning this handily and it isn't even close. It's not just about what he has done for the football landscape, but the douchy way he has done it.

While at the Army-Navy game, he said "I don't know if it's necessarily the best football." He's just a douche.

EDIT: The Kaep statement and reading the Bellichek letter are very relevant to this year, but I fully acknowledge that he's a much stronger HoF candidate.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 14, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

I mean I generally agree with you and I like it when people apologize for their lovely behavior. That said, if you go through life just assuming whoever you're talking to hasn't had any adversity in their life you are going to be wrong more often than you're right, and it's a really egoistical assumption to make. You don't have to know that guy is a cancer survivor to just not assume you - a multi-millionaire star football player - have had a rougher time than whoever is asking you a question.

While true, it is a bit unfair to expect a man to be completely rational minutes after such an emotional letdown that said person had committed the last six months to pursuing.

Bennett at least appears to try to have a positive impact.

Brock got indignant while being asked to perform the minimum requirements of the job he is paid millions of dollars to do. Because he wasn't the first choice.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Whitlock is the loving worst.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spanos and it isn't even close.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

The Kaep People are the obvious choice, because Dilfer is one of them. Also, he's unemployed, and while most of the Kaep People are too, some of them still have jobs.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Magnetic North posted:

I think this has to win out because of the grotesque way that the NFL has wrapped itself in militaristic patriotism. They are basically saying:

"Are you questioning whether this dangerous sport played by comparatively underpaid young men is worth their lifelong injuries just so you can feel a twinge of your excitement in your twisted, selfish, cholesterol-encrusted heart? After pretending to listen while sitting in church and making sure people see that you put a 5 in the collection plate, are you feeling guilty about how these men get their brains liquefied just so you can feel some camaraderie with other like-minded local boobs without the actual trouble of actually getting to know them or exposing yourself for the shallow uninteresting dullard you truly are?

Don't worry your empty little head over it. We can alleviate that guilt with a handy distraction. Now, being the vapid, fruitless cultural wasteland that America is today, we are aware that there is so little remaining of value that has not already been strip mined and paved over. Fortunately for us, we lack the necessary shred of human decency to consider anything sacrosanct, so please join us in desecrating one of the last few unselfish noble goods left to our soulless, nihilistic collective: voluntary military service. Why yes, the sacrifice of these athlete's golden years is just like the noble sacrifice of the men and women who die young because they believed in something greater than themselves. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Oh, and in exchange for all that we've done for you, would you occasionally mind channeling this energy into social roadblocks to things that challenge the status quo? Thanks, you're a doll."

And the Kaep People basically say, "Yup."

:hellyeah:

There are many people who are saying a vote for Jason Whitlock is a vote for Kaep People because he is a Kaep Person. To you I say, that is the equivalent of saying that you are against Colin Kaepernick because he hates America. By not voting for Kaep People, you will have become the thing that you hate.

This is the only year we will be able to vote in the populace of douchebags that are the Kaep People, because the NFL has ensured that Kaep will not have NFL relevance in the future. Whitlock will assuredly have a future in the douchebag hall of fame.

There is only one clear winner for voters who value the integrity of this competition and that is a vote for Kaep People.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I was on the fence for this one, but Magnetic North and Shangri-Law School have shown me the way. The Spanos family seem like the type of people that would get a game winning interception, try to run it back for a touchdown, fumble it and have the victory of worlds greatest douche slip pathetically away. But we're in the championship round, where the greatest douches rise to the occasion.

Because while the Spanos are vile, unrepentant assholes, Tom Brady is a scab. He's the type of man who would sell out his fellow man to perpetuate an oppressive system. He doesn't even have the courage to speak out about concussions, he hides behind his wife's skirts.

If there is one championship Tom Brady has worked his entire life towards, it is douchebag of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

all-Rush mixtape posted:

He'a not a shithead sports commentator. He HIRED all the shithead sports commentators at ESPN and Fox Sports. Oh, and got fired for sexual harassment.

To be fair, it's even easier to avoid their bosses.

• Locked thread