Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Hi, my name is Tinfoil Papercut. I like to frequent GBS and Games for some good old dead gay comedy and video game discussions. Tonight I am stuck at work and am bored so I've been hitting SA pretty hard - and happened across FYAD.

Can someone explain what FYAD is to me. There's all these colors and nonsense, I feel like a confused old person with an iPhone7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

1500quidporsche posted:

Imagine posting on the comedy forums Something Awful. Now imagine smoking angel dust and then posting on the comedy forums Something Awful. That's FYAD.

I think I understand now.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Pawn 17 posted:

Early on, FYAD used to be a place for actual flamewars with lots of callout threads and angry teenagers trolling and flaming each other for fun. During the bad days of GBS 1.0, where you could be banned for wrong-think or not using an oxford comma, the cool and chill GBS posters were driven out and took over FYAD (which was becoming less active for actual flamewars). This is when the GBS/FYAD rivalry started. FYAD was a good and fun place to post at this time and everyone was welcomed. Later when GBS 2.0 opened, most people left FYAD except for a few very heavily invested FYAD superstars which remained (despite the style sheet being changed to make it almost unreadable). They turned it into the place it is today, and you can decide if that's good/funny or not.

This is a good history lesson.

When I go read over there, I feel like I'm on drugs, without being on drugs.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

haljordan posted:

It's people making fun of making fun of the internet

I want to post that comic where the guy is looking and going "?" and the next panels he's leaning slightly closer going "???"

• Locked thread