Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I want I hear more about Godless, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

sexpig by night posted:

I have to say at first I thought this was just a SUPER GRIM DARK GRITTY FANTASY YOU WILL DIE BECAUSE YOU START AS A SHITFARMER AND MAYBE FIND A GOOD SWORD kinda thing and wasn't really into it. After reading good reviews (and this thread) I saw my first impression was wrong and this seems right up my group's alley. I just got the bundle and boy is this a solid world after all. I love the little world building snippets in things that they sprinkle around.

Yeah, my initial brush with it was kind of similar, especially because a lot of the art makes it look like gross kind of edgy. That actually seems to not be the case after spending a little more time with it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The fact that you don't have blanket access to every spell ever is one of the things I like about this game. In DnD a wizard basically gets a new supplement and gets to say "this is literally my spellbook" because he has next to no limits on how much he can no and I have never met a DM who actually tracked ingredient costs, research times or anything because of how much of a headache it would be. This game makes picking spells more like picking class features that have significance to your character, instead of simply stuffing your shopping cart with everything Spellco has on offer.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

I can't decide if the Wizard picture rules or is the worst.

It is the best picture for showing why wizards are the worst.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

homullus posted:

No, but the artist (Matt Rhodes) has a lot of other great, expressive work.

Like this one concept for Dragon Age Inquisitio; at one point you were going to be able to appoint yourself Pope:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Cut out tongues, stitch their mouths shut, keep their hands chained and put a rig on their neck that attaches to a magical tazer rod to keep them locked down should that prove insufficient. A single, otherwise nameless qunari mage was enough to act as the last boss of the Inquisition post-game DLC when he was set loose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I remember someone saying that stuff from later supplements got folded into the core at some point. So is there a most recent edition I should pick up? Should I wait until this Shadow of the Mad Wizard comes out, or is that supposed to be substantially different?