Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is there a way to add waypoints in moves? I'm pretty sure I could get through this radiation field on a wriggly path!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

until you strip it down and idiotically put it back together like a moron and it spends over a month in the bay, gets rebuilt, performs like rear end so you spend another month putting it back the way it was

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Take all my armor, but leave my precious internals alone!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats Battletech!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Do enemy units ever break or flee? It feels like they should but there've been quite a few missions where it ended with my heavies vs the last surviving light that runs up and punches my mechs in the knees. :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aw Glitch, you murder loving sugarpixie :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Boy did that give me a surprise when I first figured that out. "WHAT. This mission only had Jenners and Locusts before. WHERE THE gently caress DID THESE FIRESTARTERS COME FROM?!" :supaburn:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's 'not enough'

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Actually I realized I do have one loving huge complaint.

Mechs stomping on vehicles dont stomp anywhere near them. This is UNACCEPTABLE

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh jesus christ Dekker just killed the warden on a rush attack and punched in the head on a pristine Jagermech! :gizz:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

buhahahahaa first hit the thing took was a punch and it was a good one

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Deuce posted:

Tank shoots AC/5, single hit removes my Locust's right arm and right torso. The gently caress is with the math in this game

Locusts are constructed of paper mache

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is there a way to just walk backwards while still facing the same direction? I've seen the animation for it but they always turn around at the end. Also, holy crap I didn't realize that ammo could explode. I've been putting my ammo in the torso (and sometimes the head!!).

:allears: Ammo explosions are the best thing. Please keep your ammo in your head!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Every day is leg day.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Your accepted contract is in your main ship screen i.e. launch contract.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The aimed shot is much better than the 15% chance might look. I pretty much use it whenever I can and it's saved my bacon many times by blowing up legs.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thronde posted:

milestone 114 trick

What's this?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ah yes the blackjack of Theseus

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/t8ttOe2.mp4

That feeling when I whiff melee

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pretty sunrise.

Pre-dawn.

The planets you're around will influence your visual landscape a lot. On one I kept getting purple-black midnight missions til I decided to leave and never come back.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Reach is a pretty good spot to just avoid any clan bullshit.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Space Skeleton posted:

This game sure swallowed my week. It's hard to tear myself away from it, I always want to do one more thing then whoops suddenly it's three hours later.

and all your pilots are in hospital while your mechs will take a month to patch together

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah there's no overwatch. There's reserving though. Make good use of reserves. Learn to make good use of brace too.

Brace saved my rear end in a really tough mission, just have my heaviest armored mech stand in some cover up front and brace, it'll soak up all the damage that could be hurting everyone else.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nobody cares about dark age

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Try heading back out to easier space and kick pirates around.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just fought a Demolisher for the first time and I want to go home.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Beefeater1980 posted:

I am unreasonably infuriated that the symbol for the “gamma pod” is the Greek letter Lambda and not Gamma.

Greek is lostech

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I cant mount enough flamers on my firestarter to cause an instant shutdown. :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I lug my rear end all the way to Taurian space and they wont give me any missions because they hate me! jerks, I'll do whatever you want, just pay me!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are you at a place with a store and have stuff/mechs you can sell off?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god, I thought gear only came as + or ++.

Turns out there's +++ too. Which I put on a mech which promptly got its arms blown off. RIP LLas+++

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

canepazzo posted:

Tanks are some unfun bullshit. Too much armor / too much damage potential; either one or the other has to go.

Tanks are op. low profile, immune to heat damage, no knockdown damage. please take my legs and give me treads.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's... odd. I took a 4 star mission to see what I'd be up against.

It turned out to be a Demolisher, a cicada, a vindicator and a quickdraw. Thats it. And I was dropped off on a mountaintop so I spent the whole time shooting holes in them with missiles while they crawled around the mountain trying to climb up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My second flamer complaint is that I cant carry reserve flamer fuel. :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Insert name here posted:

I just had a similar situation where I had 2 priority slots and managed to pilot kill a Jagermech-A and core a Hunchback-G. Decided to take the one Hunchback piece cause I was already 2/3 and one of the Jagermech pieces and the RNG gods smiled upon me and gifted me the other two Jagermech pieces in the random slots. :feelsgood: Gonna turn this thing into a sweet LRM boat.
The Jagermech's lrm slots are in the center torso :negative:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

peer posted:

Huh? the A has missile slots in the arms and normally carries an LRM15 in each

Okay MY jager has its missile slots in the 4 slot ct. :(

edit wait no I mixed it up with the dragon.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Apr 29, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Well, it's game over...for the Directorate :clint:

The missileboat of doom:

Ammo explosion in left torso

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you've meleed a mech in the previous round, is it intentional that you're stuck to it and cant maneuver to punch it in the back of the head?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got a Gyro with +1 melee hit. Does this mean I'm going to double any melee attacks I make?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Eej posted:

The only BT novel I've read is the one about the Jade Falcon dude who like, totally was the only Clanner to win a fight against the perfidious freebirths in Comstar on Tukayyid.

I remember nothing about it.

these are the only required readings for btech books