Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Eldragon posted:

The Clix game was basically crap. It was possible to house-rule it into a pretty good battletech game (Basically turn it into alpha-strike), but that didn't excuse the other glaring problems.

False, Clix was a great game that occasionally had some problematic expansions. Once it got to its 2.0 status (Age of Destruction) most of the problems were dealt with. It got me and a bunch of buds into the Battletech universe.

It's also a great game for letting you do big battles (Talking 10+ mechs with infantry/vehicles, etc.) in a few hours.

To each their own though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
So I've been trying to read the last few pages, but as someone who is playing just the vanilla game I'm kind of lost. What are some good simple mods that beef up or make the vanilla game more fun/more challenging but aren't total overhauls like Roguetech?

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Organ Fiend posted:

+1 to the posts saying try Battletech Extended.

There are a few things that are different enough from vanilla that can cause headaches, that you should know about beforehand:
-Pilots get fatigued after dropping. One thing that isn't obvious is that you can drop with fatigued pilots, they'll just have low spirits. Fatigue time drops as your guts rank increases, with the "athletic" pilot tag, and as pilots gain more experience with mechs. Its annoying in the early game, but a non-factor in the late game.
-Pilots stop earning full XP from lower level drops as they gain experience. This gets annoying right around the time you're trying to transition from medium lances to heavy lances, as you can't "level up" your pilots on 2-2.5 skull missions before trying to tackle the 3.5+ missions. This can be easily disabled if you're interested
-The mod adds some way overpowered turret variants. I've removed them in my game, and I posted earlier how to remove them.

I'm currently playing BEX, so feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Appreciate this and the other posts to recommend Battletech Extended. Ran into a problem though trying to install mods.
EDIT: I think I figured out the problem, downloaded the wrong Modtek file, don't need the master, just the regular. Sorry.

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 4, 2021

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

BrotherJayne posted:

Did you pull down the source by accident?

That is exactly what I did, downloaded files too quick without reading.

Now just to figure out how to get BEX to work now that Modtek is recognized and installed. I hope I did CAB right, it's got a folder in the Battletech folder all by itself with everything downloaded and there.

So about half of the Commander Edition mods loaded and half failed to load. Any ideas as to why that could be?

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 4, 2021

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Gwaihir posted:

Post a screenshot of your mods folder? Typically there's nothing more to it than dumping all the mods in the folder and running the modtek injector.

So here's what my mod folder looks like. I moved the CAB files into it because I saw someone post on Nexus with the exact same problem and someone said for BEX the CAB files have to be in the mod folder, not their own separate directory. I've deleted the .modtek folder twice and tried to "re-inject" modtek, but those same files refuse to load properly.

It's these files in particular that won't load.

Warning: Will not load VXI_FlashpointShift because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load MechResizer because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load Flashpoint_Fighting_Ghosts because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load BT_Extended_Timeline because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load BT_Extended_Quirks_Plus because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load BT_Extended_Quirks because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load BT_Extended_Plus because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load BT_Extended_JJs because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load BT_Extended_FPLore because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load BT_Extended_EngineSize because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load BT_Extended_Clans because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load BT_Extended_CE because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load BT_Extended_3050 because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load BT_Extended because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Gwaihir posted:

Intelligence and help

Thanks! I found the proper files, moved those into the mod folder while moving the rest out, and everything works great! Appreciate it so much!

Also, combat goes way faster now, in terms of weapons connecting and damage calculating. Boy howdy.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
So uhh, I reached the 4th Campaign priority mission, the one where you're supposed to attack the ammo dump area, and you've got 8 mechs including 2 heavies, plus 3 turrets to contend with, in addition to two ammo trucks that immediately start to drive away as soon as the mission begins.

How does one win this sort of scenario? All the light mechs just zip around in and out while the missile mechs and turrets whittle you down to nothing, and if you try to kill the ammo trucks you're getting pounded on by the mechs while doing so. For a 2 skull mission this is a huge step up in difficulty from anything else in the game so far.

I'm running 2 Orions (Defender/Gladiator pilots), a Rifleman (Pilot is an Ace Dekker, so he can move with mediums), and a Griffin sharpshooter (Glitch). Just feel overwhelmed and the BEX AI means any time I get one of the mechs close to death it zips away and is replaced by another enemy mech, fresh with armor. Advice please.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Thanks guys for the advice on that mission, I let Glitch take a few shots in her Griffin then pulled them all back on the hill, ignored the convoys. Once the lights were all dead the rest of the Directorate mechs came through the valley once by one into overwhelming fire. Got a Dragon out of it too (Now if only I could score 1 more Thunderbolt or Warhammer salvage...)

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
I did a 2.5 skull mission on BEX that turned out to be a secretly 4 skull mission. 2 Stalkers, 1 Orion, 1 Archer, 1 Centurion, 1 Shadow Hawk, and 2 locusts. I tried 3 times to do this mission and every time it was 2 assaults, 2 heavies, 2 mediums, and 2 lights, plus turrets. Ended up "noping" from that planet and found a smaller one to train some new recruits, then went and did the next mission.

Also, got an Awesome, Warhammer, Thunderbolt, Crusader, Archer, among a bunch of other Heavies (2 Orions thanks to that factory mission). Just scored a Zeus and the SLDF Highlander (Gauss Rifle animination is savage), so now I'm gonna start to try 3 and 4 skull missions when they come up. Too bad they blew up that whole Outpost Castle, could've been an extra regiment or 2 for the Restoration.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
I guess the only justification for those stupidly impossible missions is that there's the withdrawal button, because sometimes mercs and any military really get in over their heads and have to withdraw.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Organ Fiend posted:

Hold on, you haven't disabled the bullshit turrets?

The turrets added in BEX are just bad. The one part of the mod that is just objectively bad. I posted earlier ITT how to remove them. All you have to do is delete a few lines in one text file, and then delete a temporary directory. That's it. Do it and make your life easier. Details are in this post:

Does this require starting a new campaign?

The crazy-hard turrets actually helped me out in the one base defense mission because the 3 lances of enemy mediums couldn't kill them with 1-shots, giving me time to reposition my lance of heavies and assaults to meet each new wave.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
That's good to know. Is the bigger drops module worth it by the way? I know it increases the difficulty, but is the trade off on having 8 mechs or more to use worth it? I feel like a merc company should you know, really get to use a company.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i had to dip back to the IS for a bit because I was not gonna survive another month of expenses. I managed to pick up a uh AS7-LL. not the atlas variant I wanted, but i managed to decapitate one using my laser boat stalker so it's the atlas I got. I stripped out the missiles and replaced the AC/10 with the clan UAC/20 and extra armour and heat sinks.

now that I have that, a few million C-Bills, and some spare decent weapons, I am going back to shoot more wolves.

edit: rest in peace to Shrapnel (ironic name) who was blown to pieces by a gauss rifle headshot

i would have restarted the mission to save him but i took out a DAI and a madcat super early in the mission and I really wanted that DAI part. I now have DAI-B. also rest in peace to that clan double heatsink, my madcat is getting less heat efficient all the time.

Dayum, that's tough, two headcaps on two mechs. I just finished a "Destroy Manufactury in City" mission, where my main character's Orion got torn apart, but thanks to my medbay tech he'll be good to go in 66 days.

That Cyclops getting one-shotted like that though, ugh.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Max jump jets, up the armor, throw in six small lasers (drop to five once you get a +3 Hit Defense gyro since two of your lasers are CT mounts). You can upgrade the CT small to a small pulse if you get Black Market access, and that leaves you a couple of tons free for a couple of medium lasers or extra armor or for the 1 ton +60 damage arm mods that let your Firestarter punch the torsos off Assault 'Mechs if you get your hands on two of them.

Edit: The Firestarter is secretly the third best 'Mech chassis in the game, after the Annihilator and Marauder (which tie for first). Some specific SLDF models give it a run for its money, but the Firestarter's amazingly strong in the right hands.

Gonna build this next chance I get, thanks.

I don't think I'll ever get access to the Black Market, I piss off the pirates too much.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Just got a complete Marauder chassis. What's a good loadout for it? I have zero lostech except for 2 DHS that are currently on my 5 Large Laser +++ Awesome that cores anything without breaking a sweat.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
So I took a mission out on the Periphery against a House Liao lance, and turns out they had a Comstar lance supporting them. Liao had an Atlas, Comstar had a Champion. I already had 2 salvaged pieces of a Champion, so I grabbed one slice of each.

Sadly, the 2 pieces of regular Champion can't be melded with the Comstar one (pretty it had Lostech weapons, I noticed an LBX Autocannon it was firing), so now I have to find another fight with a Champion so I can get my +1 to all pilot iniatives command mech.

Do any other mechs give that +1 initiative bonus in combat?

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Beepity Boop posted:

BEX allows two lances as well, through Argo upgrades; you have to buy a second junkyard Leopard, and then refit it once for each extra mech, and also once for each extra mech that you want to directly control instead of letting it be an allied AI, and also for each interval of 50 tons over 400 that you want to drop at once. They're fairly cheap and fast upgrades, at least; it also adds a pilot fatigue system where if pilots drop twice within a few days they get low spirits, so depending on how many contracts you want to do on a given planet they'll probably unlock during downtime.

Doesn't it increase mission difficulty though, so even though you're getting 8 mechs now the OPFOR is getting more than they would normally get too?

I really would like to have two lances, so I could run a heavy/assault lance and a medium/light lance.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Gwaihir posted:

e: What I'm saying is, no, biggerdrops won't make all your missions harder on it's own.

Holy crap, gonna have to restart the campaign for these bigger drops probably.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Can you do Flashpoint Missions on campaign? Once you finish the campaign do you basically start career mode or is it more of just freeplay after that?

And with BEX installed does career mode still only last for 3 years, or can you go from 3025 all the way to 3057?

Also, can anyone explain or list the instructions for how to unlock bigger drops on flashpoint maps using BEX? I'm looking through their discord but man is that a mess.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Alright, thanks for the answers guys. Guess I'll keep doing campaign, I like the story. Does BEX offer the option of switching engines out of mechs after a certain time period, like equipping a mech with a XL engine for more tonnage for weapons and stuff?

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Gwaihir posted:

The mod that allows for extra enemy lances is called mission control, and it's separate from the one that allows bigger drops.

e: What I'm saying is, no, biggerdrops won't make all your missions harder on it's own.

So uhhh, little confused here, when I downloaded the bigger drops thing, it came bundled with mission control. I tried out an extra firestarter in my 2nd lance, immediately ran into a mission where I was fighting an entire company of heavies and assaults.

Unless you just delete the mission control portion, pretty sure bigger drops = more enemy lances. One of the devs on the discord for BEX even said "yeah if you do bigger drops extra 1-2 extra clan stars on clan missions."

EDIT: apparently "Is one of the settings in mission control - i think you need to change the DisableEnemies to true." to get rid of the extra lances

so cool.

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 12, 2021

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

RBA Starblade posted:

With bigger drops on it's much more likely you'll get extra "Support Lances" to fight, with you getting allied lances that seems to be more likely based on rep and if you're in an alliance or not

Gotcha, guess I better get allied to a faction soon instead of playing missions against them all.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

RBA Starblade posted:

God drat it BEX stop spawning me eight rounds from whatever I'm defending with the enemy lance one round from it

e: The lance I'm supposed to guard is enclosed by 12 mechs and I'm on the opposite edge of the map stop doing that already

The other day BEX spawned me literally on one side of a huge map with a mountain in the middle, and 3 enemy lances all next to each other on the other side. I quickly re-started because OOF.

2nd time I tried BEX dropped my 6 mechs (Got the bigger drop module installed) right above the enemy primary lance (2 longbows, rifleman, warhammer) up on a huge cliff. I destroyed the primary lance with ease and then the other two lances came at me and were picked apart.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Finally got myself a command mech. Scored myself a Cyclops with command console. Boosted it's armor, and gave it an AC2++, Large Laser++, and an LRM20++, so it can sit back and snipe while my entire lance of assaults get move at 2 initiative, or 3 if they got my tactician pilots in them. Fights got a lot easier suddenly.

Also, BEX starts putting your lances in really weird places once you start dropping two. The extra lance some missions throw at you doesn't really matter when you spawn right on top of them with 8 mechs, get to waste them in 2 turns, and then get to focus on the original mission lance. Had 1 or 2 tough missions where it was 3-4 lances vs. my 2, but being able to drop 2 lances really does make the game more bearable.

Also, I finally got to use that firestarter PopTartsNinja recommended. Ran up and punched a Longbow to death from behind, got the light mech killing an assault with a melee attack achievement. Feels good.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Technowolf posted:

Yes, you'll just pay out the nose for it.

Best thing is to wait until you get black market access before allying with a house if you have positive pirate rep.

How does one get black market access? I've seen it on a few planets but I don't know when to expect the offer to pop up.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Do Goons still do Battletech steam tourneys and matches? Whenever I get better internet, I want to battle some folks in this.

I decided to retry the campaign, this time completely understanding evasion pips, resolve, and special abilities, and I'm cruising through anything that's not 3 lances against one. Very fun, already got a Warhammer, Awesome, and Thunderbolt, with a Stalker in storage.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
I forgot about this fun game but remembered and came back to it. Completing a custom Flashpoint right now where I'm getting rid of a Black Market on Tiverton. It'll nuke my pirate relations for a time, but they were pretty high, so I figure I can get back in their good graces after a while.

jadebullet posted:

Well things just went a bit tits up in Roguewar.

For a breakdown of events so far, the map this season is a post Jihad map with the Republic of the Sphere being a legitimate faction and Comstar starting as exiled.

Comstar, right out of the gate, became bloated with around 3x as many players as any other faction due to being the choice for the Russian Speaking Community. (A large group of Russian players) Their initially stated goal was to blitz Terra and they began pushing quickly through Kuritan territory.

Well, not being a fan of a hoard essentially demanding that the cool new faction stand down to their demands, my faction(Liao) and Davion formed an alliance with the Republic and managed to legitimately hold off the Comstar invasion, with some members of our group splitting off to revive Kurita.

Comstar sued for peace, got pissed at our demands to renounce their claim on Terra and then imploded, with some of their leadership stepping down, and the Russians splitting off to do their own thing in former Marik space.

This split resulted in the former Marik factions wanting to stop their resettlement. As such, the Andurians decided to join the alliance, but only against the Russian sector. We agreed. This lasted for 4 days. During which time, the Andurians pushed up north, then floundered in their attack, which they blamed on Liao for not pushing with them, despite us repeatedly explaining our battle plan of ensuring we had proper fortifications as we advanced.

Also during this time, there was the beginning of discussions of a temporary ceasefire with the Russians in order to separate the Russian part of Comstar from the English Speaking part via a Liao buffer zone, as the Russians teuely wanted to be separate.

Andurians caught wind of this and blew up. During this time it was discovered that they were secretly taking with the English speaking side of Comstar which further exacerbated discussions, resulting in us stating that they can peacefully leave the alliance, and them declaring war on Liao instead.

Truly it is a great time to be playing Rogue War. Grinding trench warfare in the east, backstabbing and treachery in the west.

This is beyond cool.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Amechwarrior posted:

I wrote that one! Let me know what you liked and what could have been done better. What path did you end up taking and why?

Well, the first time I tried it I decided to accept Muscles' offer after Mission 3 because it was a free Atlas II, but then I felt really bad from Yang berating me, saying we'd have a talk later. Also, I don't know if the Muscles guy is telling the truth about rigging all of his mechs to asplode.

Since I usually like to play nice guys, so when I run it a second time I'll go after the Muscle.

Overall, first mission was probably the toughest.After trying and failing twice (Well, by failing I mean losing SLDF tech) I finally slow-walked around to the back so I could kill the garrison first, then take out the turrets without return fire. Other missions were tough but fair.

Only other thought I had was that since a lot of the campaign missions are consecutive, it was a challenge to be able to finish them, as with kids and masters school, I just didn't have much time to do back-to-back hour long missions before bed. But I get the purpose of them for storyline, so I'm not complaining.

Cool job overall, if you ever do any other campaigns I'd love to try them.

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 30, 2022

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Does anyone have an opinion on this custom flashpoint, "The Big Deal"? Looks interesting but not sure if I trust the "40 new mechs" thing,
https://discourse.modsinexile.com/t/the-big-deal-add-on-for-battletech-extended-3025-3061/631

Also, I'm thinking about doing a higher difficulty on BEX. What are your thoughts on Simulation and Simulation+? Any things to really keep in mind on them?

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Question about the Orion Factory Mission, where 2 Orions can show up unexpectedly to ruin your day.. Is this a random chance every time you start the mission, or is whether they'll show up or not pre-determined before you even start the mission? I see the mission on the planet I'm on and want them early Orions, but I've reloaded twice and both times Yang says Good thing we're attacking now, a couple more days and they would have had Orions on-line.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Well I went to another planet and got the Factory destroy mission with the 2 suprise Orions. Now that I know how to maneuver and take advantage of rear arcs, the two orions at the end were a piece of cake. New Orion and 2/3rds of a Wolverine in my stable now. :toot:

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Marx Headroom posted:

I'm in a similarish spot of not knowing what to do bc I just finished the base campaign. Is it just 5 skill missions from here until the end of time? How do I access the DLC content I installed?

When I finished my campaign, I just started going after flashpoints, and when I didn't see any, I just stayed in the most recent area looking for interesting missions. The flashpoints are usually pretty unique and cool.

Speaking of Flashpoints, since they have a set number of days before going away, can they come back after waiting long enough, or if you miss them are they gone for good? Since I am using BEX, some flashpoints can be on opposite sides of the Galaxy, and it takes 100 days to reach 'em, meaning I just can't do them all as they randomly appear.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

RBA Starblade posted:

They loop forever until you do them, so if you miss it or aren't strong enough to handle it, you can wait for the next time around. Don't forget that there's a unique FP for each Great House if you ally with them!

Never tried those, I hear they really stack the deck against you.

Speaking of which, UGH, if you install the extra dropship mod with BEX, there's a part of it that also gives the AI a chance at an extra support lance. Problem is, the AI has that chance from the very beginning of the game, whereas you have to pay through the nose before you can get a full extra lance. I did a mission just now where I was against 2 medium lances to my mix of mediums and heavies, decided to try to withdraw because it was not going in my favor, but I FORGOT when you withdraw you still have to get to an LZ, and there was no way I could get through the line of mechs arrayed against me.

Why couldn't they make the withdraw option a "Hey we're not getting paid enough for this, how about we just withdraw and pay you some 'sorry' money?"

VVV Good to know it has to do with tonnage + skulls VVV

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 20, 2022

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

RBA Starblade posted:

The logic for it makes it more likely the more your tonnage is over the recommended for the mission (and its own difficulty rating), so if you do nothing but two lances of assaults by the end of the game on a 5 skull mission then gently caress you, get two extra lances

That... makes more sense, thanks.

Also, I learned a few days ago there is an achievement for watching all of the credits. Cool.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Seems like all the 3025 custom mechs in BEX look pretty great. I honestly want to run a Gladiator, seems like a fun mech to use, like a leaner Centurion with Jump Jets.

Having more fun on this new campaign at Simulator+ difficulty. Haven't lost a pilot yet, and having dropcosts per mission means I really have to make my profits off of salvage rights rather than pay rights.

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 26, 2022

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
I finally finished the Heavy Metal Flashpoint where you get to fight Natasha Kerensky and the Bounty Hunter at the end. Lol'ed when the Bounty Hunter's mech got cored and his text response is "What in the F***~Fizzles out~". Dude is a huge arrogant prick, felt good coring him with a gauss rifle.

Seeing all those high tech weapons on those mechs were pretty scary though. Gained a ton of DHS, but no SLDF weapons sadly. 1/3rd of an Annihilator too. Gotta say that map with the three lances squaring off in front of the crashed Dobrev was probably the coolest battle map in the game I've seen thus far.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Ygolonac posted:

You want scary, look at the pilot builds, especially on the Widow and her crew - can't find it now, but they were mostly built to tank heat, IIRC, and there may have been special tags/buffs to that end as well.

The cheese way to do that battle is sprint everyone behind the big rock formation, so out of LoS, and let the other two lances beat each other down.

Then vulch the winner. :getin:

Yep, that's what I did basically, engage just enough to get the Bounter Hunter lance to drop, then pull out and let the two lances whomp on each other, and snipe at both sides to keep neither one from gaining an advantage.

One of my favorite types of missions in this game is the one where it's a 3-way battle or more, and you just get to watch multiple AI's wallop each other. Clash of Titans is one such type mission, are there any others?

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Once you fully upgrade the Argo mechbay you can combine different variants of a mech type to get one variant right? I got 3 pieces of a SLDF Kintaro (2 - 19B, 1 - 19), so I'm hoping once I run into Comstar again I can get that 4th piece, and combine them into either the B or regular SLDF version.

Kicking myself for setting salvage to 4 pieces instead of 3.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Klyith posted:

In the base game? No. But if you found a SLDF kintaro you're doing mods of some sort. There are multiple mods that do the duct-taping variants thing -- the one I like requires the Machine Shop mechbay upgrade, most of the others have no requirements AFAIK.

Yeah I'm using BEX. Good to know I just have to wait until I can finish the mech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Floppychop posted:

I don't know how I feel about Tex. Recently it seems like he's been getting buddy-buddy with Arch Warhammer.

Has he interacted with Arch at all after that one podcast episode he did where after he caught heat for it? Pretty sure he put out a letter saying he hadn't known Arch's history before agreeing to talk. I haven't heard any new videos from him with Arch in over a year.

In game-news, I'm running a Career game which is decently fun. I accidentally set the salvage parts rule to 4 pieces to make a mech, so I'm getting chassis much slower than normal, but I've been able to get 3 assaults, 4 heavies, a crapton of mediums and lights. I have less than 900 days left but now that I can do the 3-5 star missions, I figure my score will start climbing much quicker. Currently at 185,000.

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 12, 2023