Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

armchairyoda posted:

I can't hear all this griping over :pgi: as I my non-flying spaceship makes too much e-noise as I drag it across the TRANSVERSE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://mw5mercs.com/dlc/the-dragons-gambit

Another expansion for MW5 announced, post fourth secession war

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Polaron posted:

How many warcrimes do you think the player will have to commit?

Ideally all of them

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MW5 is pretty ok but it needs mods to make mechbuilding not suck completely

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well, gently caress

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I can't believe we could've gotten a second TBS game. Battletech's my favorite one in the genre by far now

Good luck HBS

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Klyith posted:

Some rear end-pull possibilities:

1. They could make a game with those IPs, but they couldn't call it "BATTLETECH 2" or anything close to the Paradox-owned trademarks so it would be kinda hard to reboot.

I've got it - they make a sequel and call it Robotech

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Klyith posted:

BTA & RT include a mod called "Rollplayer" that gives the AI a bunch more variations in behavior. So instead of just scout brawler sniper, you now can have the "high-heat melee-avoiding DFA-loving brawler". (Plus several other patterns, like how close they stick to their lancemates and whether they love being on tall things like a cat.)

One of those possible selections is literally called "Heat YOLO". The acceptable heat level is set to 3. All the other AI heat settings in BTA have this between 0 and 1. So this AI doesn't even consider not firing weapons until it is at 300% shutdown heat. Even if the hit chances are crappy and you've got an undamaged mech.

So, uh, both? It is working as intended to be terrible AI, and simulate a pilot who has overridden the safeties and put black tape over the heat bar.

Time to reinstall Battletech lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Klyith posted:

BTA & RT include a mod called "Rollplayer" that gives the AI a bunch more variations in behavior. So instead of just scout brawler sniper, you now can have the "high-heat melee-avoiding DFA-loving brawler". (Plus several other patterns, like how close they stick to their lancemates and whether they love being on tall things like a cat.)

One of those possible selections is literally called "Heat YOLO". The acceptable heat level is set to 3. All the other AI heat settings in BTA have this between 0 and 1. So this AI doesn't even consider not firing weapons until it is at 300% shutdown heat. Even if the hit chances are crappy and you've got an undamaged mech.

So, uh, both? It is working as intended to be terrible AI, and simulate a pilot who has overridden the safeties and put black tape over the heat bar.

I'm reinstalling BTA now, but I don't see documentation on the mod. Is it in by default now?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh I don't want to change it, I just didn't see it written on the wiki anywhere. Thanks!

e: Also oh wow performance got even worse huh

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 13, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ACValiant posted:

I mean, I'll take it but I do like the Battletech wrappings. I would be sad if they had to give it up due to rights or whatever.

Bad Old Tech, featuring exciting robots like the Crap, the rear end-rear end-in, the King Crap, the Fatlas, and the Charger in an age of war after the collapse of Space Rome, I guess.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Marx Headroom posted:

The Clans should be cringey in a Starship Troopers way not a Thin Blue Line Punisher logo way, if that makes sense, and I'm not sure the PGI writers understand this

I guess what I'm saying is, Smoke Jaguar missions should not have a "targets scanned" counter. They should have a "civilians killed" counter, and your CO should yell gibberish at you for walking past a prominently labeled orphanage without firing your lasers at it. The entire game should be the Old King route from AC4A. You should be wandering into minefields and losing honor points for shooting at legs.

It's really a shame that Brigador was made by such huge shitheads, relatedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pattonesque posted:

shoot are there any non-modded BT games that have them?

Mechassault had them as playable units