Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gwaihir posted:

You should have an icon in your system tray that looks like this:

Clicking it should show which programs are using the Nvidia GPU, if any.

Huh, I don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

isildur posted:

They're not relative to anything except the sum of all the values.

Congrats on getting the beta out!

I was wondering if have a shared goon doc for beta feedback would be useful, or would you prefer it coming through the HBS forums?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

How is the open beta? If I'm a jumpy gorilla with no impulse control should I get a steam code for it now? When does the full game come out?

I dont have it, but from reading this thread: Its pretty drat good, but its still just (good and fun) skirmishes against the AI. Multiplayer should be along soon. People have reported getting 4-5 hours of fun out of it, and noone has said they are bored and putting it away. They are also soliciting a lot of feedback by surveys after each game.

Probably worth it if you want to join the conversation and have very poor impulse control, I'm waiting because I have too many unplayed games already.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

PoptartsNinja posted:

drat good ideas

I particularly like pairing evasive with increased stability damage, even if just a small amount, seems fair and logical alongside its risk/reward gameplay effect.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bbbut ssccouting from the fronttt

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

is the manual a pdf? can someone post it?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zaodai posted:

You've posted nothing but irrational poo poo-talk about basically everything so far, I'm not particularly inclined to argue it out with you. Think what you like, it was merely a recommendation for a way they could address people's concerns about overall stability damage from missiles.

Lurms do damage too, so bringing more is its own reward. Stability damage is a bonus, scaling it down a bit makes sense.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ham Sandwiches posted:

You can play Battletech with less than 4 mechs per side, it's possible. Did you know that?

you can't in a locked 4v4 skirmish beta afaik

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cowcaster posted:

there's multiple grades of cover represented by shield marks so, you know

that's actually from xcom clone company of heroes

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Prawned posted:

Heard there was a new x-com game coming out lads, super pumped.

X-Com : Crescent Hawks Inception

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Psycho Landlord posted:

You did it Hams. You showed us the light.

XCom 2: Shadows of Hamn

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'm glad this game is XCOM because now I can ignore it until it's deeply discounted in a steam sale.

XCOM Enforcer 2: this time it's giant robots

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

aniviron posted:

Part of the issue with AI retreats is also that it tends to feel really aggravating to players when wounded enemies flee instead of getting to finish them off.

I think it's one of those things that's good in theory, but in practice is annoying.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Great Beer posted:

XCOM chat reminded me for whatever reason: do we know if it's possible to bust through buildings to take risky shortcuts and or be badass as hell? Destructable environments are key to any xclone.

My guess would be not, I don't know that Unity stretches to that kind of thing. Would be cool though.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That gif is so good.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Phrosphor posted:

I think they have spent a lot of work laying groundwork for the whole simulation part of the game and have just been plugging in all the different components and making sure they work nice before spending overly long on the single player up till now, since it has to sit on top of the simulation and present itself through it. The simulation sounds pretty robust under the hood, even looking at the stuff in the beta they left in for how to generate a random mechwarriors background and basic stats is really detailed.

I've heard that a lot of what you'd think of as core game stuff actually happens quite late in development, idk if that's the case here or if they've just been optimistic about how fast they could get stuff done.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

A good Vice article.

quote:

(To give you an idea of what we're working with here: In one legendary scene, Prince Hanse Davion is darkly reflecting on the growing antiwar movement against his leadership. About five seconds later, his palace is attacked by enemy raiders and Hanse sprints to his old Mech—saying something like, "My enemies have forgotten that the battlefield was once my kingdom, and a Mech cockpit my throne!"—and rides to battle, single-handedly saving his capital. In the process he's wounded, and is satisfied that now his haters will have to acknowledge he pays the same price he asks of his people. It's like if the Queen's line about "being able to look the East End in the face" during the Blitz came on the heels of her using a Spitfire to shoot down a squadron of Stukas. And if I'm being honest, I still love this poo poo.)

It's almost magical how bad the MWO people are at publicity, HBS are literally using every single robot model they've made but the F2P game (which is solid, if disappointing) never gets mentioned.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jun 24, 2017

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Q_res posted:

Ham Sandwiches, you forgot to sign out of your alt-account.

he ran out of TU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Here have a real marauder

Def would

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fuzz posted:

Just noticed this was in Beta now, excited. I was an early bird backer at the $40 level so get ready to eat shells, dezgras!

still probably... six months? from release, but it's looking very good imo

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Republicanus posted:

Johnny Sokko and his Giant loving Flying Robot Warrior from 1967 objects, your honor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnczokOnWjg
Had fingernail missiles, eye laser rays, and megaton punch melee. So, basically an Atlas.

this is super amazing

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Phrosphor posted:

The farther a ‘Mech moves (by any type of movement), the more EVASIVE
charges it receives, up to a maximum of 6.
○ Each EVASIVE charge makes the ‘Mech +2 Difficulty to hit with ranged attacks.
○ Each time an EVASIVE ‘Mech is attacked, it loses one EVASIVE charge.
○ The EVASIVE state is lost when the ‘Mech has no EVASIVE charges remaining,
or becomes UNSTEADY.

that's pretty good

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

OptimusWang posted:

Anyone know how much it is for a kickstarter backer to upgrade their pledge into the beta?

I think $25, but could be wrong. I'm tempted...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

veedubfreak posted:

It was 50 bucks, now it's 60 total to get in the beta.

So 60 minus whatever you've already paid?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rygar201 posted:

Do you guys plan on fudging the displayed odds and real odds like your inspiration the original turn based strategy games from Firaxis XCOM Enemy Unknown?

don't you mean MechXCom: Enemy Unsteady

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

quote:

Zaodai posted:

Split the difference, have it be something different for every backstory choice with the same mechanical benefit.

Fury for the Free Worlder, Inspiration for the Davion, Noblesse Oblige Payday for the Steiner, Focus for the Kuritan, Loyalty for the Liao. :v:

Hustle, Loyalty and Respect.

truth, love and courage

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dolash posted:

Hey y'all, sorry to ask a dumb question but I've been avoiding the beta to keep the game fresh for when it comes out. The only mention I've seen of a release date lately is 2018, which is pretty broad, though the chatter in here over the last couple pages seems pretty positive about how the game's coming along. Any indication it might be ready in a few months or should I expect to tune out for another year?

i'd calibrate your expectations to mid 2018.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mw5 will be A. M. A. Z. I. N. G.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Source your quotes.

I got that quote from a little place I like to call... The Future :smuggo:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

isn't there a stripped down system that poptarts used for his lp? Alpha Strike?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

HBS Battletech: They called the third X-Com HBS Battletech

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Skoll posted:

Nice meltdown.

Stackpoling rife itt

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Didn't they turn off the beta?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Q_res posted:

They did, but they also helpfully pointed out that if you backed up your copy it would continue to function after it was shut down.

:( too late. Should i go looking?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Its... actually pretty good right now.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Everyone buy 1000 copies. In success all things are possible.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Using PGI art-assets to speed up the development process was a massive mistake, at least to me. PGI art assets look like rear end.
I understand why HBS licensed the art, would have loved to see the Living Legends mod's fully modeled & skinned vehicles & not-super detailed mechs instead though.

You are insane.

E: I mean I guess it's open to dislike the style, but there's no way a shop the size of hbs could have modeled skinned and rigged that number of models without severely impacting the other aspects of the game.

Do you have any side by side examples of mwll vs mwo models to show what you mean?

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 28, 2018

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lol chill out robot friend.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Skoll posted:

Still haven't seen it. Force Awakens and wiping the EU away was the nail in the coffin for me re: Star Wars. Legit dead franchise to me and I won't be seeing any of the movies Disney makes.

Updated my journal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Amechwarrior posted:

It is our vat-born superior genetics, honed by generations of trials by combat to see which grognard has the groggiest nards.

MAN
MADE
LIGHTNING