Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Do you get the crates in the main game after you finish? Got all the expansions and checked the mech bay but don't see anything about a crate.

I have seen some of the new mechs in three matches, the assassin has popped up a few times. I even found an Annihilator on the black market for the low low low price of 124 million.

Yeah I didn't have that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So is there a game plan for missions where you got to plant beacons while dealing with all the base defences and mechs? Going too slow is no good and rushing in seems suicidal. Either way tend to get chewed up mighty good.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

TotalLossBrain posted:

I like running 3 heavies or assaults and one light or medium mech with lots of JJs and the right pilot. The heavies keep the enemy busy while the little guy rushes around, relying on cover and evasion.

Edit: A variation of this that I once tried: 3 big LRM boats pinning the enemy down from further away instead.

drat if this didn't do the trick nicely despite the warning of not sending enough tons. Three mechs with missiles for days, one assassin packing a coil for extra fire power and things went very nicely.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I did a fun pirate flashpoint, it was for a tournament! You didn't get to use your own mechs, oh no, that's too simple. You got assigned mechs, the most fearsome mechs of all.

The Urbanmech. It was fun. Not really challenging by any measure but it helped make things so more alive.

The guys champion even wept tears of joy that he was no longer the only one who had made it.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Got the Raven. I hated doing those missions to earn it, they were rated low but due to the people you got stuck with or the lower deployment limit it wasn't exactly easy as you might have expected. Lots of vehicles can be death to a light lance.

The last mission was such a pain since you got stuck with three pilots and their skills were pretty drat poor.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I need to get in good with the pirates myself, seen Atlas II's there a few times now but when they're almost 150 million that's just out of bounds. Like another poster here I seldom see any missions for them ain't helping.

On the bright side I have thumped the Black Widows forces and picked up two Coil M's and a Narc and ammo. Deciding what to do with that. Already had a Coil L put on an assassin.

Is there a good Bull Shark loadout or stick with what it has which looks pretty drat good.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 29, 2019

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Anyone else find the game make their card run hot? Got a 2080ti and it runs hotter than other game I play with.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Klyith posted:

Have you turned on vsync? You're probably drawing like a million frames per second. Large portions of this game are menus and looking down at a fairly static 3d environment, so uncapped FPS will allow a GPU do pointless busy work.

Yeah I got that turned on. I dialed back the shadows and motion blur. Everything is running as high as can be otherwise.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Klyith posted:

Ok, so the next question is do you actually hear the fans working hard? (Or if you're using a monitor, are they spun up to max?) Because it could be that a less demanding game produces hotter temps, because the GPU doesn't need to run the fans as much to deal with a game that's only using like 20% of it's capacity.

Like, if your GPU isn't in the upper 80s or 90s then it's fine. Relax. You have the best video card in the world and you paid at least a grand for it. You shouldn't need to baby it and constantly monitor temps. Nvidia is smarter about making video chips than us, all these cards run themselves now. My advice would be to start ignoring that stuff unless you're either hearing too much fan noise or seeing performance problems.

Yeah your right, it's not like it's running bad or anything. It's doing it's job and I'm worrying about nothing really.

I really need to make friends with the pirates, saw another Bull Shark for sell and a piece for one.

Later on did a mission where the enemy had one. I did not expect that.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Since I'm best buddies with Davion I went to visit them upon realizing the whole UAC thing and went on a several million dollar shopping spree. I now have UAC's for days. Months. Years.

What's more scary than a pair of Atlas with AC 20's coming at you?

A pair of Atlas with UAC 20's coming at you.

And that doesn't get into the other mechs and their loadouts.

A bull shark with quad UAC 5's is pretty mean. Doesn't hurt that those UAC5's are minus three tons so helps add more ammo.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Stuck between two legendary mech warriors? That takes some ingenuity and creative thinking since their mechs are going to be even crazier than your OPed machines.

In other words, run backwards to the bank that has some forest cover and park your rear end there. Being legends and having a burning hatred of each other they'll go at each other if your not in the way.

Tossing in some indirect fire, maybe targeting a mech of the other side when one side gets dominant and before you know it they'll be whittled down to dust.

Then it's time to heroically and bravely charge in and that's how you beat two legendary mech warriors easy peasy.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

TotalLossBrain posted:

My 395t lance took a tiny bit of armor loss during that engagement, nothing else. I didn't even move from that forested spot you mention.
Endgame feels insanely overpowered now. I have 3 x Atlas, 2 x King Crab, and the Bull Shark, all fully kitted out in murder setups.

I didn't even take a shot from that spot. I have so many mechs now I got to keep a few in storage. No matter the tonnage I can field anything depending on what is needed and every one gets a drat good loadout if used.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Warmachine posted:

You know, the Awesome might be a sack of poo poo, but it's my sack of poo poo now, after seeing it pop up in the Joint Venture flashpoint and deciding it was time to get me an assault mech in this particular career game. I probably took a bit more damage than I should have stripping the thing of weapons and finally killing the pilot, but picking the whole thing up after one deployment was very satisfying.

I got an Awesome that is my favourite missile boat. It can take a beating, can fire four medium lasers and has two twenty missile pods. It doesn't over heat as easily as the Archer and brings more fire power than a Catapult.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Lawman 0 posted:

Dev's if you read this forum you should add an actual comstar flashpoint

They should also charge you 1.99 a minute.

SPACE AT&T

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Deptfordx posted:

Well. My shiny new SSD and an extra 8Gb of Ram arrives tommorow, so here's hoping load times get a little more bearable.

Loading for missions is usually five to ten from my experience.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Cyrano4747 posted:

That's pretty nuts. What are you running?

I think the game might be surprisingly CPU reliant. Is that common with Unity games? I recently upgraded and noticed it clicked along a bit better in loading. I also got faster RAM (although the same amount) at the same time so that might have something to do with it too.

I also think there's a memory leak (or something) in there somewhere. I've noticed that the longer I play the more loading slows down. I make sure to quit every few hours.

I got a good system. 9900K, 2080 ti FTW3, 32 gigs of Ram, NVME's and a few SDD's.

The game is demanding, and you might be right on the leak. The game seems to be more demanding than other games I play strangely enough. Games like the Witcher 3 don't tax the system so much.

Timed it, yeah ten seconds on the loading for a mission.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 5, 2019

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Taear posted:

The house Kurita final (probably) flashpoint level is absolutely bananas.
I've got 8 turns to get to 3 quite distant points to call an artillery strike in, through about 8 enemy mechs including a bull shark.

I just can't do it, I don't know how it expects me to. At least not without taking absolutely insane amounts of damage. Like I've got a Bull Shark, a King Crab, an Atlas and a Highlander all with decent setups but if I stop to try and blow stuff up I run out of time and I've got to split my group too. I just don't get it :/

If it's the same one I remember the best way to beat it is to field three mechs that are missiles boats, they can take care of things ranged very well, and have one mech that's a light to run run run once you get things taken care of pretty good.

There should be a building or emplacement that needs to be destroyed for some friendlies to be sent down as well. They'll help keep poo poo off your runner.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Ravenfood posted:

I should have done this.

Anyway, at first glance playing with this Bullshark in the mechbay: It looks like I should strip the LBX-10s off for LBX-2s if I've got the ++ versions, since I lose about 11 damage total in return for 4.5 tons, some heat generation, and massively better ammo consumption. I only had one LBX-2, but just taking one off let me throw in max front armor everywhere and another DHS, so a second should probably let me upgrade all the ERMLas to pulse lasers if I can get enough. The thing looks like a monster though.

e: Was I ever supposed to be able to fight The Black Widow or Bounty Hunter?

If you get some more UAC ++'s from Davion remove the LBX-10's and go quad UAC 5's. You can core basically anything in one precision shot, as long as they don't have protection.

It's fun. Later if you get more Bullsharks you can go two 10 UAC's and two 5 UAC's. It's a mean thing. You don't even user the lasers on either Bull unless it's to maybe reduce someones pip.

As for your spoiler. Yes. You will. Unless you chicken out.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

H13 posted:

So how do you make huge amounts of money in this game?

I'm usually hovering around 2 million bucks, so looking at the purchase price for an Orion or whatever just looks absurd. I feel like I'm either not making enough money or managing it poorly (or both).

You only make heaps of money later in the game, the more one of the houses like you the cheaper their products will be as well which can make a huge difference when your always fighting to keep your head above water.

For a large part of the game you'll get what you can via salvage.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 8, 2019

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

RBA Starblade posted:

I've never gotten a full Kintaro before I'm already in heavies and assaults lol

They mostly shine when your limited to a light lance. You can often put one or two in the lance and they are capable of both taking a beating and dishing it out. In those cases they're kinda the tank for the mission while your two much lighter mechs do what they need to do.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Lazyhound posted:

lol I just salvaged an Annihilator from a one-skull mission at 1021 days, I haven’t even finished assembling my first heavy (which is a Marauder, synergy++).

The Annihilator can be a mean AC machine but it's so drat fragile. I rather use the Bull Shark. But if you don't got one of those an Annihilator can be a nice substitute, just be aware it might be mean but it can't take so many hits.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Did a mission and had a Demolisher doing it's best imitation of a submarine. It was completely submerged in a lake. Must have had a ballsy crew.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Did a convoy mission and thought I got hit by the bug with a vehicle not moving, I passed on several turns and it finally moved....somewhat backwards. I moved one mech near it and that appeared to inspire it to move again and get to the extraction point.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I'm so hated by them prices for me is marked up 5000 percent. I don't know why I even pay them access to the black market at this point, everything is way too expensive and no missions ever pop to get on the pirates good side.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Archonex posted:

From the posts I found it looks like it! Not sure how the hell they managed to get unique models in (last I played all the new mechs that were too different from the base game were either kitbashed versions of other mechs or just had similar stand-in's to vanilla mechs.) in but I saw a screenshot of them and those are definitely some Xenomorph tails and bits and bobs.

In the case of the player/playable equivalent loot/mechs it looks like they've been mixed with vanilla mech parts. No clue how alien the actual aliens are since most of the posts i've dug up boil down to "holy loving poo poo I just saw Glitch/a lance member/their mech get eaten alive by giant monsters" while people cackle at them or commiserate. It's an optional sub-mod of what appears to be very high "level" rare content too so not everyone is using it, complicating finding posts about it.

In terms of the models of player owned mechs i've seen so far it looks like they imported in some Xenomorph parts and then mixed it with a custom kitbashed mech that used a number of existing mech models/graphics. Then they darkened the mech bits up enough that the mech parts are hard to distinguish when you aren't specifically looking at it in a screenshot. Probably it was a lot of work to just put some full blown Xenomorphs in without a standardized way to export and import models. Or whoever did it was worried about copyright issues screwing over the mod.

Let me see if I can dig up a few of the older screenshots I found again. Failing that, once I get set up with a decent mech company i'll see if I can't track the planet down on the online galaxy map if people are that interested in it.

Edit: Here's a few screenshots of player mechs using loot from them along with screenshots of the gear you can get from fighting them.

Aside from the other weird stuff about their models I also can't remember that tail being in the game in any way, shape, or form. So unless it was some really rare DLC content it looks like someone figured out how to add custom models into the game. Which is huge if so. It'd indicate a huge leap forwards in what mod makers can do with the base game. It means that mod makers wouldn't be reliant on kitbashing various models to try and vaguely resemble mechs that aren't in the base game. Or even new biomes and content depending on how far players can go with it.

Looks like they're some "bonus boss" type content however. So not everyone's going to be blasting their way through the galaxy in some sort of half alien bio-organic mech. Also, keep in mind that those are mostly older screenshots so they could have been altered even more since then. Regardless, that's actually kinda loving rad.

Holy poo poo. They mixed Xenos and Mechs.

I have the weirdest boner right now.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

TotalLossBrain posted:

is it a xeno-boner?

Considering it can do a head bite. I'm going with yes.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I swear Thunderbolts are the kings of ammo explosions.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I have 207 hours, I have yet to see it myself or any crashes. The worse I had were all purple mechs near the launch of the game and various items from the game like light fixtures or parts of buildings taking off like a rocket instead of falling to the ground though thats rare.

I have seen a PPC energy graphic existing on some terrain on occasion as if that had been hit but failed to go away.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I put jump jets on an Atlas. I apologize for nothing.

It's actually been useful on occasions.

You don't know wonder until you seen one of those majestic metal beast fly.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
But do you become the master of battle or does battle become the master of you.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The computer has decided it wants Glitch dead. Two battles, two freaking headshots. The first was an accidental hit! They weren't even aiming for her. I refuse to let Glitch die but how do you beat cold unrelenting fury and hatred of a machine. She's piloting an Atlas, she should be safe.

Curse those series of tubes.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Is there any group that sells gauss ++?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

TotalLossBrain posted:

I have found them at various black market stores.

Any others?

I have too many pirate skulls for them to be agreeable.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Yeah the Gauss + already had, but those ++ had proven elusive. I had seen them with the pirates but again, 5000% mark up due to me using their skulls as chamber pots.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

peer posted:

i'm the idiot flying halfway across the galaxy looking for "uac ammo"

Davions. They will be your best friend with all your UAC needs.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

pmchem posted:

I just got the base game. Any of the DLCs / season pass worth buying at this point?

Everything. It really adds to the game and makes it so much more enjoyable. Do it while it's likely still on sale.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Heh, reminds me of when I went to do a DFA on a downed enemy, Glitch was in her Stalker. Not only did she completely miss one leg exploded.

That last the last time I tried a DFA.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So what's the best mod to add more mechs and weapons but none of the RogueTech difficult stuff.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Azran posted:

So I've been reading a ton of reading on the BT universe thanks to this game. It's been pretty fun! The Bull Shark went from "oh, reference to the Clans" to "Oh, a VERY specific reference to a certain clan" made even more interesting after reading about the Black Widow. Also just how out of timeframe the Annihilator is outside from Wolf's Dragoons. The funniest thing by far, however, was reading about the weapons added by Heavy Metal and how some of them are post-Clan Invasion :lol:

Sarna.net can cause more than a bit of time to vanish with all the info there, aside from that I suggest Tex Talks Battletech on youtube. He's done a few great vids on all things Battletech including two massive ones about the fall of the Star League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

novaSphere posted:

I would say the Centurion was probably the most dramatic of redesigns:

Although I prefer its concept art to the wider, boxier version that was modeled ingame:

MWO really did a bang up job redesigning the mechs, I know the old designs have their fans but really they were done by people with not a great deal of art skill. They look pretty derpy for the most part.

The redesigns have gone a long way to make them more better and modern.