Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Will it be possible to do any VPN fuckery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I have a few questions about some of the mechanics. How do crits work? I have a bunch of ++ weapons with like 50%, what exactly does that mean? Also how do heat and stability damage count? Is it on a 0-100 scale regardless of mech? And how come when I fill the meter up it doesn't trigger a knockdown? I swear it did earlier in the campaign, I assume there's a pilot skill I'm missing that enemies have. Finally what does some of the melee gyro descriptions mean? For example +1 melee sounds kinda worthless if it's just +1 damage so I figure there has to be something else.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Thanks for the answers. The two attack thing for knockdowns is weird but explains why a few times I swear I filled the bar up in one attack, but I probably just miscalculated something

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Wow, just got to that APC mission and failed it between turns 1 and 2. That can't be right.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

All of my mechs have jumpjets. No exceptions.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah that second to last mission was easy. Well I mean the opposition was because I had a King Crab, the Highlander, and two Orion's. But I had no problem with time since everyone was jumpy.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

4x LRM15

Probably LRM20 if you strip more armor

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I put Ace Pilot on my PC because she is an ace pilot. The moving thing is kinda cool too but I think I've used it like twice

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Panzyr Defense is loving bullshit. I don't have enough time to get a mech to even reach the barracks, let alone detect that lone loving APC before it gets there. And that's with a mech sprinting. Sure they're all assault mechs, but the fact that I can't even detect the fucker in time is pissing me off.

I ran it with a Wolverine doing a mad dash to the secondary objective, two Orions covering the base and stomping APCs, and a Catapult being useless/sort of knocking things down.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Do autocannons pierce armor or something? I swear I can unload 8 M Lasers into a tank and barely scratch the armor, but autocannon hits are almost always an insta-kill on vehicles.

Unless the damage calculations are totally independent of the firing animations and it just looks like ACs are ripping up tanks?

Probably hitting different parts of the tank

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

229MB patch today, anything significant?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I'm getting ready to replay this in career mode for the first time since I beat the campaign at launch. Are there any bugfix mods or QoL mods I should try out? I'm not looking for anything at all like RogueTech

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Conspiratiorist posted:

cFixes

Also betterAI if you want to allow the SP opfor to reserve.

Ah, that sounds perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Never expected my D&D lurking to interfere with my Battletech lurking but here we are, cool!