Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Waffle House posted:

No Madcat. 0/10

To be fair, according to game informer Mad Catz has gone bankrupt. :v:

That thing looks so off balance that a stiff breeze would knock it over, its legs are so far forward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Sky Shadowing posted:

I'm more wondering about beta closing. But I guess that's becoming more commonplace, isn't it? I'm used to beta being "early access", meaning "the full game, just maybe buggy".

I just don't like the perk I paid $20-25 extra dollars for just vanishing. Then the only people playing BattleTech will be the pirates.

Well, that assumes they're specifically taking it away, they could just be shutting down the multiplayer aspect. From the way they spoke about it, I don't imagine the single player requires you to log into anything.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Q_res posted:

For what it's worth, they were specifically asked about whether singleplayer Skirmish would still be available after the Beta "went dark" and they were... non-committal

So it could go either way.

Honestly I'd be surprised if they weren't non-commital about something they weren't 100% on yet.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Section Z posted:

Honestly we won't know how good/bad it is until it comes out. But having to warn that video options at all are limited isn't a good sign from a technical "We want to stress test poo poo" standpoint. Even ignoring how incredibly subjective from game to game what gets considered Basic Vs Advanced options.

So while it is nowhere near doom saying status, it's also not something to just brush off as not worth commenting over either for it to be in such a disclaimer state. (Though it is good of them to be up front about the shortcomings)

Well, it also depends on what they're specifically testing, doesn't it?

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

At this rate I dont see it coming out this year. There have already been a number of setbacks and delays. A "beta" that is only actually a skirmish part of the game, with few other tools, on June 1, is a bad sign for time. I'm not trying to be a naysayer, but you've gotta be realistic.

...did they ever say the beta would be anything different? Other than having multiplayer, that is.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Took awhile to figure the game out, but I kinda love it.

Had a match with a wonky end due to AI, though.

In the Loch map, the last mech the enemy had standing, an Orion, ran up behind my own heavy, another Orion and... braced. So, I immediately ran up behind them and shot them, didn't kill them, so on their turn they... braced again.

Everyone was in water so it wasn't heat, just the AI being wonky.

Edit: Oh, something else that I saw. Another environment type effect. Marshes... 50% stability damage. Either negative or positive, I don't remember.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Eh, I think something as simple as '50% Evade Chance' tacked on would be sufficient. Would even let you have different evade chances without affecting much in the UI and with less confusion.

Some people were talking about 'evasion Assaults' and all, which could apparently stand to have less evasion.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

JacksLibido posted:

So I'm not liking this dodge chance when the game says I have 100% to hit.

Yeah, I think the weapon UI could be improved by simply tacking on a red 'X% Evasion' at the top of the weapon selection menu when you target an enemy. Maybe 'X% Damage Resistance' for Cover/Guarded, too.

Edit: Talking about UI, I think the Heat UI would be cooler as thermostat style display instead of a bar. Maybe like colored LED lights either as numeric display or segments rather than smooth bar, color coded as well, green-yellow-red-blinking(for overheat)-SHUTDOWN

Or perhaps even a gauge like you'd actually see in a vehicle.

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 3, 2017

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Blue yellow red, then.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It's just bad that mechs can move and shoot as soon as they're dropped off. They should start with evasion but move next turn

I suppose you could just say that... they got the drop on you. :v:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

RabidWeasel posted:

This one is super weird because you can salvage it sometimes, I did in my playthrough and it came with some pulse lasers.

That happened in my game, yeah.

It's definitely not the 'normal' king crab, because I already had one from another mission and it didn't come with anything extra like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
You know what Battletech needs? Big Boss or Solid Snake.

"Your mission is to kill one guy! He doesn't even have a mech! How hard could it be?"

:unsmigghh: