Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Having a ton of fun with this so far. On 'Raising the Dead' now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Is there no way to speed the game up? Having to watch every ponderous animation and wait for every attack to resolved is a huge amount of time. I already turned everything I could in settings down or off.

Turn on Debug Mode. There's a 'speed up animations' button that doesn't have any gameplay effects, so you get all the challenge without waiting five minutes for enemy attacks to finish.

Edit: It may turn off steam Achievements, though.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 28, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Woof. Just lost my first pilot, took two PPC hits to the head in one round. RIP Medusa.

Got the 'mech back though. :v:

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 28, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Bubbacub posted:

MY HOME PLANET

"Pay us to make a sequel and you'll get the Clans."

Sold. Take my money and gimme dat Mad Cat. Maybe take time to crank out another SR:Returns game in between because I need both flavors of FASA crack to fulfill my addictions.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Night10194 posted:

Clantech is insanely boring, though. It's just exactly what you already have, but at less weight and more range.

It's cool looking, though, and the storylines are neat.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

How do I go about doing this? Can't really find anything concrete on Google.

Open a text file and save the following as <whatever>.reg somewhere you can find it.

code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH]
"last_debug_state_h176629417"=dword:00000001
Double click and run it to add the DWORD to your registry, then in-game in a mission press left ctrl + left shift + - to open the menu. You may have to hit it twice, sometimes it doesn't open the first time for me. There's probably an easier method, but that one worked for me.

Button you're looking for is labeled 'speed', it just ups the animation speed, no game mechanics effects.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 28, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Also, put three of them on something for hilarity.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

AttackBacon posted:

The gently caress is a Mad Cat, don't you dare besmirch the mighty Timber Wolf with that ignorant-rear end IS moniker.

IT tech is insanely boring, though. It's just exactly what you already have, but at more weight and less range.

Clantech is cool because it looks cooler and that's all that matters. :colbert: I am definitely not biased by MW2 and Ghost Bear being some of my fondest childhood gaming memories (Mercs was dope too but MW2 made me a Clan die-hard).

The Clans in general are actually a pretty neat setting, if you get past the "We're just better and cooler at everything." There's a ton of meat in there for games and I hope it gets explored more. IS is fine and all but I'd love a game based in Clan space. The way they resolve disputes and the whole trial bidding process would make extremely good meat for a multiplayer mode as well.

This is the one mech I won't use the Clan name for because that's how I learned it back in the day. :colbert:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Strobe posted:

A bigger Mad Cat, made explicitly to cash in on how cool people think the Mad Cat is (in universe). It's called that because the hotshot IS pilots who would want to buy one call them Mad Cats already.

Well, and because some crazy rear end in a top hat said 'What if we put two gauss rifles on a Timberwolf?' and the answer was 'gently caress YES DO IT'.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Kitfox88 posted:

I found this lostech called cheat engine that helps with the money situation :angel:

Given how open the game files are, you could probably just change the mission rewards to make cash more available.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

UberJew posted:

But yes that it can carry the Leopard through a jump is a violation of space physics as presently described.

In what way? The Leopard's an intert-bolted on part of the Argo, which is docked to the jumpship. That doesn't seem to break any rules as far as the setting goes. Most of Dropship design is the physics of getting them in and out of atmospheres anyway.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

what directory does the debug speed tweak .reg extension go into?

Just double click it and it's added to your registry, then you can trash the file.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 29, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Filthy Monkey posted:

Best I can figure from its speed and slots is meant to be kind of an assault grasshopper. I know dick about battletech though, compared to many of the nerds here. I could be way off base. This was the best I could do with it. It is definitely severely lacking in usable tonnage.

Compare it to a grasshopper.

This is the comedy version I have going right now. It punches things Real Good. Ignore the lack of jump jets, they're off for a particular mission.

Used to have an arm mod, but somebody blew that fucker up.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

There's a small amount of weapons that aren't in the era in the game files aside from the aforementioned gauss rifle.

There's jsons for ER/Pulse variants of all of the lasers as well as an ER PPC. As far as I can tell no mechs actually use them though and my guess is they're placeholders for DLC or modders.

They're used in the mission you get to run SDL 'mechs in. The Black Knight in particular runs an ERPPC as I recall, and the Atlas has ERLLs and Med Pulses.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Nearing the end of the campaign. Still don't have a stock Catapult.

I want my missile chicken!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Night10194 posted:

How hard is it to write a simple, basic backstory for your backer character rather than...whatever we got from the backer characters.

The kind of people willing to pay to have bespoke character representation are unlikely to make it simple. :)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Or just straight-up TBI from being pelted with SAM-level explosive payloads. LRMs ain't loving around.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Goa Tse-tung posted:

anyone else stop giving mechs serious business names like "LRM JAEGER" or "DUAL PPC CATAPULT" and start giving them proper nicknames?

anyway im at work, not playing the game, and yeah

I like Gundam style naming conventions. Hence Glitch Custom on my sniperchicken. :3:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Flavius Belisarius posted:

It was honestly really disappointing to see the model with the paints but not be able to paint each part however you like.

Yeah, being stuck with the scuffed up half-off paintjobs sucks. I know that these are near-mythologicially scarce, but paint's cheap, yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

I'm sorry if someone posted this before, I didn't see it and I just noticed it. This is fuckin' rad

I always dreamed of getting to sit in one of these, never got the chance. Cute reference.

HBS is like that. The Atlas and modeling gear in the captain's cabin is nice as well. :)