Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

spacetoaster posted:

HBS is getting ready to pitch a new game.

I can't help but notice the art for the blog post is the Argo.

https://www.harebrained-schemes.com/blog

How dare they tease us like that. I would kill for a new Battletech game made by HBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Alchenar posted:

Even if you can't get the IP you can still make a game that's about being a mercenary unit flying about a galaxy where battles are fought with big robots or something

I mean, I'll take it but I do like the Battletech wrappings. I would be sad if they had to give it up due to rights or whatever.

Stravag posted:

It also has a lamp lighter image at the footer

Was this any good? I was initially pretty hyped for it but the reviews really didn't persuade me to give it a shot.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Kafouille posted:

Something like the Helldivers 2 aiming where your view follows the mouse faithfully but each weapon has it's own cursor and tries to follow to the best of it's abilities, depending on what the weapon is and where it is mounted would probably work pretty well

They kinda do this already with the arm mounted stuff no? I believe it takes a moment for your arms (or maybe torso?) weapons to catch up. Been a minute since I've played MW5.

But yeah, having your stuff just straight up miss wherever you're aiming is from a gameplay standpoint, the loving worst. I'm not sure why it feels so much worse in a FPS vs missing in an RPG but it does. The way they handle it in HD2 is fine as your bullets go where the circle is. I think really what needs to change in MW is it always feels like the enemy mechs focus you too much vs shooting the rest of your lance. Maybe bump up armor values on everything since it's so much more reliable to hit. Make your aim "bounce" the faster you go. Increase the smarts of the AI team so that they don't get stuck on buildings so much. Way less helicopters. loving, no more helicopters please.