Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i thought for sure jamie was gonna give it the ol st george but NOPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

poverty goat posted:

the only reason he did the show was to force hbo to ghostwrite an end to the lovely novels before he goes out like robert jordan

thats been my suspicion since the beginning

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

best part of the episode was davos being inexplicably randy

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

darkhand posted:

They ruined every character except maybe Jamie.

I hope they all die, bring in the reign of child-framed evil night king

the hound

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because the show writers cant make dany look bad ever.

idk, shes always come off as a dumbass that only gets out of situations by her plot device line items to me

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Decebal posted:

They kind of stole the ballista scene from the Hobbit. If it was that easy hurt the biggest dragon of the bunch then maybe the natives have a change against the invading hordes of foreigners.

the hobbit movie, no less

lol

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

R-Type posted:

Betcha HBO is never again going to adapt a story without it being complete and in the can.

you say that but the show is still the biggest thing in the mfing world and will be until it ends. theres no lesson to be learned here sadly

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

LanceHunter posted:

It feels like 90% of the show hate is just book readers trying to deny the fact that they've completely spoiled the plot of the books they've been waiting 6+ years to read.

yea but its weird kind of. there are whole plots in the last book that are never mentioned in the show. like theres kinda but probably not another targ brother alive and in westeros, and theon and yara are hanging out with stannis in the north

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

WonderfulWino posted:

iirc Rickon was with the Maderlays and the Manderlays were organizing a feast for the Freys

i thought he and the wildling hosed off somewhere in like book 3

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i thought sam the weirdly resourceful fatass was gonna parse jon snu's heritage in the books of oldetowne

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Toadvine posted:

Is tormund gonna die this episode?

Yes.

apparently the only named death is the man red priest whose name i dont recall, and john snow almost dies but gets dragon rescued

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

you cant really blame the plot on hbo. they made that fat rear end spill the beans before even starting the show back in 2010 or whenever

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Bobby Digital posted:

I hope a lady giant steps on Zzulu

same, but me

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

Bran, the newly autismal treeman three eyed raven seer cripple stares at nothing for a while after reuniting with his long lost half brother Jon Snow. His eyes are rolled into the back of his head as he begins to warg. "Ehyd u kiss me down thar"

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

facebook jihad posted:

Fan theories are bad but GoT fan theories in particular are just loving horrible. I guess since the theory about Jon Snow came true fans just went gently caress wild with it

thats the result of the time right after the third book was released when people still liked the series and were throwing poo poo against the wall. that particular turd stuck

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Game of thrones is bad. We are bad because we pay attention

gently caress us

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bronn still cant muster a gently caress to give

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

Jesus Christ, Dany is the Trump of GoT, making me root for Cruz, er I mean, Cersei

shes always loving sucked

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Decebal posted:

The Dream Team looked pretty sweet. I can't wait to see their adventures beyond the wall

yea that was cool

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

imagine being beric dondarrions actor. dude basically has been hanging out for 6 years talking some bullshit once or twice a season, and now the shows wrapping up, he gets to pull poo poo like this

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

Ya it's a bit like Kevin sorbos Hercules and not as brutal as I'd like. Remember when the hound hosed up the Lannister guys in the inn? He pushed a face into a dagger a few times and it looked loving gross. Someone gets domed by a hammer and it's just some blood on his face.

ah thats a budget concern i bet. those earlier seasons werent as cgi heavy. it was season 1 or 2 that completely avoided showing a battle by having tyrion knocked out before it happened

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

I hope Cersei miscarries and wakes up in a pool of blood.
And I hope Arya kills Littlefinger.
And I hope one of the dragons dies and gets Night Kinged into an ice dragon.

FRIEND DO I HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

Though i thought the three eyed raven thing was a metaphor, not that bran would literally turn into a raven, lmao

its so dumb

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

its still v funny to me that the night king is the bad guy from the knights of cydonia video

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Also, why the gently caress did I look in TV/IV? I was curious to see if it was really that bad and it is worse.

you have no one to blame but yourself

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

gendry is going to be confirmed as a baratheon

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bag em and tag em posted:

Everyone acting like there was a big reveal last night is an idiot because the most common theory for years has been John Snuuuu, secret Targ.

never mind the fact last season dick slapped the audience across the face with it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

oh dope posted:

Didn't he literally say "I'm the son of Robert Baratheon"?

yea but he's still a bastard. he needs to be knighted or some poo poo like what turned ramsey snow into ramsey bolton

e: not confirmed as a true fact but confirmed as a legitimate son

Blue Raider fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 15, 2017

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Hes danys nephew and gendry is her cousin

awful app hosed this post up

Blue Raider fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 15, 2017

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

This story has really gone off the rails

nah. its like they ran out of space to tell it and they had to cram it into 10 episodes

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

gendrys credentials are all he does is be the son of an actual king, make weapons all day, be good with a warhammer, and speak truth to power

hes gonna go far

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Hustlin Floh posted:

Didn't his dad use a hammer?

yea that was robert baratheons thing

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

lol poo poo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Over There posted:

How did Bron rescue Jamie who was in full plate armor and at the bottom of the river.

the only person allowed to kill that oval office is him, not gravity or water

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

drat its one thing for the plot beats to leak but actual footage lol

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

so i guess the last episode concerns proving to everybody that the dead army is real and the wall falling?

theres not much else to say in the show except some fighting

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Also, are the dudes gonna see this happen? Or is it after they fly away?

My guess is after they leave.

i guess john will because i misread about how the epi shakes out, and he gets rescued by benjen stark who dies saving him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

its in english lol