Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Sansa and Arya are hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Dongicus posted:

im excessively jaded and irony posioned from the books and titty show

Would the brief clip in the trailer of Yara (Asha) Greyjoy making out with Ellaria Sand make you feel better?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

a hole-y ghost posted:

If you hit your wiener with a hammer, that would make me feel better... :shobon:

Joke's on you:

*takes mask off*

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Now come get in this crate I prepared for you, we're going to Pentos.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Ramsay did nothing wrong.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

ikanreed posted:

He didn't feed the poor doggies

Yes he did.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Waltzing Along posted:

Arya is a potato.

What's the word for a potato fetish?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

mike12345 posted:

Isn't she 12 or something

Maisie Williams is 20 and just shy of the "half your age +7" rule for me.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Solice Kirsk posted:

So like ASoIaF before the TV show?

You want a good book but you need bad Sand Snakes.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I mean, I know it's "rape" by our standards, but Ramsay was definitely her legal husband in the show.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Yeah. It was originally going to be 7 seasons but I think they hosed up season 5 so badly that they then realized oh poo poo we wasted an entire season on absolutely nothing, we don't have enough time to get this done in 2 seasons. So then they spend all of season 6 digging themselves out of the hole they got into in season 5 and now the show seems back on track (mostly).

Lots of things happened in season 5, like Tyrion killing....wait, no, that was 4...
Cersei took control of......wait, no, that was 6......
Danerys went to the Dothr....wait, no, that was 6 too....

hmm, are we sure there was a season 5?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Wait, I remember now about season 5:

bad pussy

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

whoflungpoop posted:

i like euron better now that he kills sand snakes

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
In the books Aegon the Conqueror's slamsister rode the dragon Meraxes, who was brought down by a scorpion bolt in Dorne. Like 300 years before the events of the show.

I guess nobody in the show is smart enough to know any history except Qyburn, who pretends he figured it out by himself.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

In high valeryian we call this Berth El Pup.

What gender is your pronoun?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

can't wait for them to kill off dany

Is anyone thinking that Dany is *not* going to sacrifice herself to kill the NK?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Mr. Unlucky posted:

i thought he'd have some cool like embalming fluid launcher or some creepy necromancer poo poo it was just a giant crossbow and he's acting like he just invented that poo poo there's no way 10000 of those things didnt already exist to siege castles or whatever

Cersei is pretty dumb and will think he's a genius.

What are the chances she is now forced to marry Euron, and Euron completely runs the tables on her, locking her in a tower or something and assuming all control for himself - forcing Jamie to step in?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Universe Master posted:

There were jousting midgets, they just didn't become characters.

Thank god.

Some things book does bad, some things show does good. Vice-versa.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Agreed, he has one hell of a voice, not Charles Dance level but it's definitely up there.

Could he out-dance the Dance?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
The Kings who forfeited their crown to Aegon the conqueror really didn't have to give up much except their titles. They maintained their own laws, customs, and area of control. The ruling houses were basically kings in all but name. Aegon didn't really want to rock the boat after the conquest. His grandson, King Jaehaerys I, was the one who made some sweeping law changes.

Most of them made sense and had to do with justice / law enforcement and he was a cool King so the ruling houses didn't put up much of a fuss. The customs of the North remained relatively unchanged. The only big one was the elimination of "first night" where the ruling lords got to bang whatever new bride they wanted. The Starks were forced to give the "new gift" to the Night's watch, which apparently they didn't mind much at all because it was an area they didn't want to deal with anyway.

I don't think Jon gives a poo poo if Dany wants to be queen of the world. He's going to use her desire as leverage to get help against the White Walkers and promise to kneel before her once it's all over with.

:eng101:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Targ's are super-inbred. Dany's parents were siblings, and the Mad King's parents were also siblings. Her great grandfather was a normal and chill dude, who was brother to Aemon.

But yeah, all the inbreeding is why every other Targ is a big weirdo. Dany and Jon may be aunt / nephew - but they're probably closer genetically to brother and sister.

Straight up cousins isn't so bad, provided there isn't any other inbreeding which had already happened. Your chance at genetic defects are like 1% ish. FDR and Einstein both married their cousins.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Decebal posted:

I think if you look at what Ancient Egypt accomplished VS. Ancient Sweden you would come to the conclusion that sibling loving is OK

The sky is the limit!
When you have an unlimited number of slaves

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

She's need a lot of Plan B if she was my sister.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Drunken Baker posted:

Yara is hot and has a great butt.

Well... See ya!

She's been looking better lately. Would, and also would hope Ellaria Sand joins in.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Kelp Me! posted:

my wife had the :aaaaa: moment like 5 seconds after the "my watch is ended" line it was pretty funny to see the realization dawn

"Wait, why is he wearing chainmail!?" my wife asked, moments before the baby stabbing started.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

lol that guy going to town on nurse hotass' foetus belly like when all you have is a regular spoon to dish up really frozen ice cream

The ultimate irony is that he picked her because she was hot, but the Frey girl was just as hot, arguably hotter.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Universe Master posted:

Hard to compare, we never saw the Frey girl's rear end.

It was a delight to me.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

broad selection

lol

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I re-watched this past episode and realized that Emilia Clarke has 0 expressiveness in her eyes. She locks on to something and delivers her lines. This problem is more noticeable when her character is around good actors.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
In case anyone is wondering:

Dany and Jon are aunt/nephew - which isn't too bad in this world as far as incest goes. HOWEVER, Dany and Rhaegar were much more closely related than your average siblings.

Dany and Rhaegar's mother and father were both full siblings. Their grandfather and grandmother were ALSO full siblings. Meaning that Dany and Rhaegar were 87.5% relation compared to typical siblings of 50%.

This means that Jon and Dany are ~44% relation, closer to siblings than regular aunt / nephew at 25%.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Bacontotem posted:

whats Tyrions incest powerlevel since hes Aerys' rape bastard?

Same as Jon, in theory.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Finger in the bum?! *crazy eyes*

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Athropos posted:

are we supposed to think highgarden had no armies left or that they got defeated offscreen? Did they spend all their meagre budget on the small casterly rock siege?

Mostly the latter part, but Randyll Tarly (Sam's dad) was with Jamie when they were marching on Highgarden. This implies that he took the bulk of the Reach forces under Olenna's rule and joined Jamie.

Does anyone else feel grief that Casterly Rock and Highgarden were run-of-the-mill castles and not at all like:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Drunken Baker posted:

I'm kinda glad the Iron throne doesn't look the way George envisioned. It looks like something out of Warhammer 40k the way he had it in his head.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/george-r-r-martin-this-is-what-the-iron-throne-really-721293015
(first link on google, sorry it's gizmodo)

It is a bit excessive.

The Red Keep wasn't built until Maegor I (Aegon's son) was in power, so the Iron Throne was forged in the Aegonfort - which was much smaller and made of wood.

So how did they fit Balerion in there?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

DangerDongs posted:

Dany is beginning to show signs of madness.

She was trying to do her normal preachy "I'm the rightful queen, I am destined, I am woman hear me roar, I have dragons" poo poo that worked in Mereen against the locals and basically anyone else she wants to put in their place. (Varys).

Her problem is that Jon was just like: "nah" You could see her soften the tone a bit when they were talking on the bridge / rampart. Next week once she hears that Jamie took out Olenna and that Casterly Rock was a big nothing-burger - she suddenly is going to realize that she wants 6-8 inches of snow in her 5 day forecast.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I'm the goon who considers himself too intellectually superior to enjoy Euron's character because "finger in the bum" and cool pirate battle scenes are too juvenile for me. I watch this show religiously, post about how bad it is, and hate my life.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Waltzing Along posted:

Mycroft seems like a bit of a dumb. First he gives $$ to Stannis. Now he is backing Cersei.

Davos convinced them that Cersei was a dumbass who would fumblefuck everything if she were in power.

As it stands right now, she is not. Dany's fleet is destroyed, her forces are far away and now isolated. Dorne and Highgarden have both been subdued, and Jon is completely uninterested in attacking the south. The only unknown factor at this point are the dragons, for which she has a countermeasure prepared. Also, there's likely some money plundered from the Tyrells, who are the richest family in Westeros. She will likely use this money to pay them off some.

Not to say she won't self-own, she absolutely will, but at this exact snapshot in time she's queen bitch of the world.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Waltzing Along posted:

Where do all the soldiers come from? They keep dying, over and over, but never seem to run out.

Makes no sense.

The Lannisters have had a decent size standing army since Season 1/2. Aside from a few losses to Rob, they've been good to go since then. They beat Stannis at Blackwater soundly, and have been doing peacekeeping work in the Riverlands since the Red Wedding.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Ramsay had his moments, but often he was just too drat serious about being cruel.

Euron is just having fun and killing people and capturing rivals and banging queens (he hopes). He verbally shits on Jamie right in the throne room in front of everyone, and he uses Gorehowl. He is a power hungry viking warlord pirate with more style than any villain we've had yet.

Euron owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Zzulu posted:

They shoulda killed Bran and kept Hodor, imo