Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

I'm gonna get clams and poo poo. Upstairs they sell compound bows and boots. Downstairs they got guns and fishing poles. There's a lot of deer heads on the walls and little bait fridge. It's a good store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Good job OP, I have a lifetime sportsman license so I don't have to worry about that poo poo but glad you got sorted

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

The feds busted a big poaching ring in my county earlier this year, it was pretty wild. Farther north there's some huckleberries in the mountains and luckily I haven't gotten shot yet while picking mushrooms.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the one here has a pit filled with alligators. alligators are pretty boring most of the time, actually. they don't do much.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You ever pee while you're outdoors, op? Just whip it out and let it flow while clam digging? Drop trou, maybe ease out a golden stream among a patch of morels in the woods and pretend they are a tiny village and you are irrigating their fields? Wade hip deep into a trout stream and just let your own fly go down stream?

Asking for a friend.

Vietnom nom nom
Oct 24, 2000
Forum Veteran

Thirsty Girl posted:

I'm gonna get clams and poo poo. Upstairs they sell compound bows and boots. Downstairs they got guns and fishing poles. There's a lot of deer heads on the walls and little bait fridge. It's a good store.

Where you doing this clamming? Hope it's not the western US...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnesic_shellfish_poisoning

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Be on the lookout for bearded clam my brother :pervert:

Dr Cox MD
Sep 11, 2001

Listen Up, Newbies.
Your state's DOH should have a site with health reports. Check these the day before, morning of, and right away when you get back with your haul.

For example: https://fortress.wa.gov/doh/eh/maps/biotoxin/biotoxin.html

Safe hunting!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Don't listen to these idiots about "safety warnings" and "toxins" and "holy poo poo what's growing on your face".

All just jealous propoganda spread by the government and your family to stop you from becoming clam man, speaker to clams, ruler of the tide! Take up your rightful place!

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Yeah I check the bio toxin warnings but then again I'm also super guilty of eating raw oysters right in the tide pools at midday.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Thirsty Girl posted:

You're not supposed to hunt clams with a bow, idiot

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

a hole-y ghost posted:

You're not supposed to hunt clams with a bow, idiot

I'm actually gonna put a turkey leg under a box propped up by a stick attached to string and I will pull the string and trap the clam in the box (it is a camo box).

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You may take your throne now poseisdon. :backtowork:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Thirsty Girl posted:

I'm actually gonna put a turkey leg under a box propped up by a stick attached to string and I will pull the string and trap the clam in the box (it is a camo box).
Sounds pretty solid mate

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
OYSTERS, DON'T READ THIS POST

Clams, hello

naem
May 29, 2011

What kind of compound bow do you use on a clam

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

walgreenslatino posted:

OYSTERS, DON'T READ THIS POST

Clams, hello

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

you need a license to collect shellfish (in the US I assume)?

We're allowed to just rock on down and hope asians and tongans haven't poached everything

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 25, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Thirsty Girl posted:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
at my folks' cabin there's some sort of deal where I guess the native americans can come and take like half our clams or something? but I've never seen them take any

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

alpaca diseases posted:

you need a license to collect shellfish (in the US I assume)?

We're allowed to just rock on down and hope asians and tongans haven't poached everything

ya its like ~$16 USD in WA for an annual

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

You ever pee while you're outdoors, op? Just whip it out and let it flow while clam digging? Drop trou, maybe ease out a golden stream among a patch of morels in the woods and pretend they are a tiny village and you are irrigating their fields? Wade hip deep into a trout stream and just let your own fly go down stream?

Asking for a friend.

Peeing on morels is a crime

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

I'm a chanterelle man.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
mushrooms and clams are both excellent foods op.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

good job OP. It's very good to have an outdoor hobby and especially cool to support conservation efforts.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

I was just in seattle and it was sunny and in the 80s and i ate hella clams and then I was sad to leave and now my life is a clamless hell

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

However, I can fish year-round in CO but in WA there were all these RESTRICTIONS god wtf

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

jeff smisek posted:

However, I can fish year-round in CO but in WA there were all these RESTRICTIONS god wtf

I would like to visit Denver and other places in CO.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pick posted:

at my folks' cabin there's some sort of deal where I guess the native americans can come and take like half our clams or something? but I've never seen them take any

Racist welfare bullshit.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

It took me thirty years before I realized the missing ingredient in the BLT is a breaded razor clam. It makes your BLT fabulous.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Thirsty Girl posted:

It took me thirty years before I realized the missing ingredient in the BLT is a breaded razor clam. It makes your BLT fabulous.

A CBLT sammie

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

WatermelonGun posted:

Peeing on morels is a crime

What are you, the loving mushroom police? Come and get me, big man.

e: my friend I mean.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't judge. However a sandwich chooses to identify is cool w/me.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

I don't judge. However a sandwich chooses to identify is cool w/me.

I judge. That's the best sandwich idea I have heard since the BLAT.

I like avocado but I'd try anchovy.

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

On behalf of everyone with a deadly shellfish allergy I am offended and demand that my demands are met.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Vynar posted:

On behalf of everyone with a deadly shellfish allergy I am offended and demand that my demands are met.

Post/av combo is lit

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

I have only been crab potting once, but if I had a boat that would totally change. Once I caught shrimp under some pier pilings using a raw chicken tied to a net.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Why don't you just learn how to swim and get your own god drat shrimp nets and chicken hooks or what the gently caress ever you lazy bastard?
A boat? Jesus.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Maybe just a really posh inner tube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You want to go halves on my start up company?
We serve high end food to couples on romantic floats down a river at sunset. Set the mood by floating candles along with them, music from the shore, etc.

We'll call it... Dinner Tubing.

• Locked thread