Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

I'm gonna get clams and poo poo. Upstairs they sell compound bows and boots. Downstairs they got guns and fishing poles. There's a lot of deer heads on the walls and little bait fridge. It's a good store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

The feds busted a big poaching ring in my county earlier this year, it was pretty wild. Farther north there's some huckleberries in the mountains and luckily I haven't gotten shot yet while picking mushrooms.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Yeah I check the bio toxin warnings but then again I'm also super guilty of eating raw oysters right in the tide pools at midday.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

a hole-y ghost posted:

You're not supposed to hunt clams with a bow, idiot

I'm actually gonna put a turkey leg under a box propped up by a stick attached to string and I will pull the string and trap the clam in the box (it is a camo box).

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

walgreenslatino posted:

OYSTERS, DON'T READ THIS POST

Clams, hello

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

alpaca diseases posted:

you need a license to collect shellfish (in the US I assume)?

We're allowed to just rock on down and hope asians and tongans haven't poached everything

ya its like ~$16 USD in WA for an annual

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

I'm a chanterelle man.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

jeff smisek posted:

However, I can fish year-round in CO but in WA there were all these RESTRICTIONS god wtf

I would like to visit Denver and other places in CO.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

It took me thirty years before I realized the missing ingredient in the BLT is a breaded razor clam. It makes your BLT fabulous.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

I have only been crab potting once, but if I had a boat that would totally change. Once I caught shrimp under some pier pilings using a raw chicken tied to a net.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Maybe just a really posh inner tube.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Jim Barris posted:

You need a license to catch shellfish? You're telling me ive been catching crabs illegally all this time?

Prostitution is perfectly legal in Nevada, friend.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Dr Cox MD posted:

i had a feeling you were in washington! while you're out there, be on the look out for sea urchin.

super delicious, like salty foie gras if you're into that kind of thing.

http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-sashimi-info/sushi-item-profiles/sushi-items-uni-sea-urchin/

I had urchin once and it seemed a bit mealy. Does that sound right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Mission accomplished. 40 steamers and 18 oysters. The mud was very nice.

• Locked thread