Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

counterfeitsaint posted:

Which support tier is it where he promises to show up on the forums for 2 days, says he's going to give a poo poo about us again, and then pick the dumbest mod and give them their own safe space subforum before disappearing again?

There's zero mention of SA on the patreon so I'm assuming the infinity money tier is the one where he posts on the forums again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I'm the $488 tier where he promises to be too lazy to email you a jpg

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Guy Mann posted:

On one hand, the website that has single-handedly provided you with a living wage for almost two decades. One that is one of the few remaining forums of its kind, one whose userbase is overwhelmingly well into adulthood with a ton of disposable income and regularly begs you for attention and avenues of supporting you.

On the other, a YouTube channel that brings in almost no money. A channel about one of the most oversaturated genres of content on the internet, one whose audience is almost overwhelmingly small children with no disposable income and an anemic advertising model that is crumbling to the ground as we speak.

Hmmm....tough choice, but I think the Taxman made the smart choice trying to close the Let's Play barn door ten years after the horses left.
Maybe if his YouTubes break 5000 average viewers he'll get that Twitter checkmark

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

well why not posted:

Put in more effort basically. Be creative and don't rely on 'lol look at how poo poo this is' for the entirety of your content.

Lol come on man don't troll this thread that's mean

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Luxury Communism posted:

I don't think you get lowtax's shtick 1999-present day

More like 2002-present. I'd say maybe a little later, but I think that's around when the forums started let's plays and he seems to have just discovered them

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Exciting news for the thirteen patrons

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Well you see he wasn't making enough money from the YouTube ads so he's going to get rid of them entirely because the last thing you want is diversity in your revenue streams

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Does he need help coding the proprietary flash viewer to paywall his videos behind

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

:(

I hate watching lowtax bumble around like an old man screaming at a world he doesn't understand anymore

Personally I'd love some let's plays from Lowtax involving games I actually know or would be interested in playing or even watching

Paying $20 on steam is a lot of overhead

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Hogge Wild posted:

no, the same guy who is making the xenforo forums is also making that

it's ready any minute now!

Oh good I hope they integrate so I can get notifications on the forum when my video is ready to view

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
923 new regs is still over $1500 a month so dead SA is still making an order of magnitude more money than lame YouTubes and their associated patreon. Makes a lot more sense why lowtax spends so much time on SA instead of Twitter and YouTube now

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

proof of concept posted:

the mods should probably just move this thread to BFC

I wonder if the taxman even knows he runs a financial advice forum

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
He hasn't posted anywhere in over a month unless you count the podcast announcement

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

random question, what happens to the forums if anything happens to lowtax?

We have to start again in a new forum with the backups random angry internet communities have made over the years once lady a remembers to cancel the card paying the bill

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If we shamble along long enough maybe one of his kids ascends the silent throne in his place

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I know I said I was the lazy patreon tier before, but I'm also the pictures he's posting on Twitter of his terrible return on the videos that indicate he should double down on the idea

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I wonder if he has considered maybe not doing a subscription but instead selling the videos on vhs so the viewer can review them at their leisure

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Oh lol I forgot he banned a bunch of LPers before embarking on this exciting new business opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
This is the safest place from which to piss in this well because we can be certain he'll never see it

• Locked thread