Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inept
Jul 8, 2003

emoji posted:

All of the replies are telling him that but

Well, it's almost June. Do I choose Netflix, or Gaming Garbage...hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

givepatajob posted:

I've given that prick enough money over the years.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I feel bad, he seems to be getting increasingly desperate. Not bad enough to give him money, but bad nonetheless.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
I feel bad whenever I see him get powercucked off his own website.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

does he still post in fyad? i thought that was his hangout, a long time ago

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
He hasn't posted anywhere in over a month unless you count the podcast announcement

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

I feel bad whenever I see him get powercucked off his own website.

Lol you think he couldn't come back here if he wanted to? I don't trust you, and you're not legit

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
he banned jakep on twitter

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
if you were lowtax why you would you ask questions on your own forum, on your own account?

that's just asking to get trolled into the ground

he obv parachutes if he posts here about serious stuff at all

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dial-a-Dog posted:

He hasn't posted anywhere in over a month unless you count the podcast announcement

random question, what happens to the forums if anything happens to lowtax?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

All registered users are buried with Lowtax. It's in the rules.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

We have to start again in a new forum with the backups random angry internet communities have made over the years once lady a remembers to cancel the card paying the bill

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If we shamble along long enough maybe one of his kids ascends the silent throne in his place

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

emoji posted:

All of the replies are telling him that but

look, if you don't wanna pay $12 a month to watch Lowtax and Jonathan riff for 15+ minutes over the billionth "made by Unity" survival horror game, then that's your problem, not his

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

We migrate to xenforo

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

jon joe posted:

if you were lowtax why you would you ask questions on your own forum, on your own account?

people only get trolled when they deserve it fyi

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jimmy Hats posted:

We migrate to xenforo

Mega64 posted:

All registered users are buried with Lowtax. It's in the rules.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

jon joe posted:

he was radium for a long time.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
$142 a month.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I know I said I was the lazy patreon tier before, but I'm also the pictures he's posting on Twitter of his terrible return on the videos that indicate he should double down on the idea

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I wonder if he has considered maybe not doing a subscription but instead selling the videos on vhs so the viewer can review them at their leisure

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Wait do lunches cost 12 bucks

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

there are multiple users who post in the LP forum with their own patreons. i'm not sure why lowtax didn't consult any of them before deciding to put every video he makes from here on out behind a $12/month paywall

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Maybe he should consider that there's simply not a high demand of his style of videos anymore and he's not going to get a lot of money out of being a Youtube celebrity without putting actual effort into it. Making a living from it is pretty much a full-time job where you have to churn a lot of content to stay relevant.

It might be time to consider other revenue sources (like, say, merchandising or new forums upgrades or all the other poo poo people keep recommending every loving time he begs for money).

e:

get that OUT of my face posted:

there are multiple users who post in the LP forum with their own patreons. i'm not sure why lowtax didn't consult any of them before deciding to put every video he makes from here on out behind a $12/month paywall

Because he pissed off the majority of the LP forum by banning popular LPers who happened to disagree with him.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i bet none of the money he gets from suckers who pay $12/month will go to forum improvements

Mega64 posted:

Because he pissed off the majority of the LP forum by banning popular LPers who happened to disagree with him.
i'd say i miss psychedelic eyeball but i watch his streams on twitch

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mega64 posted:

Tbf a big part of the disagreement was over whether or not he was abusing his daughter, and the forums are a better place for it

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Personally I'd love some let's plays from Lowtax involving games I actually know or would be interested in playing or even watching

I mean haha that game made by a 14 year old is very glitchy, heh, well that's 18 seconds of amusement, next

Making fun of these lovely first game attempts just feels like ehh...

There are two dudes in Games who started doing them on a lark in the Awful Steam Games a month ago and they're super entertaining because they're incredibly chill/high the entire time and make good fun jokes instead of being really angry at how bad the game's are and they actually edit their videos down to 15-20 minutes of Good poo poo with actual production values and comic timing and editing, I would totally recommend giving them a watch because they give me a lot of smiles/sensible chuckles each week and it breaks my heart you see two talented and humble dudes working in relative obscurity.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Oh lol I forgot he banned a bunch of LPers before embarking on this exciting new business opportunity

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Paladinus posted:

You don't just hide all your content behind pay wall.

This sounds familiar.........

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Lowtax needs to get help for his depression.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
I loving love Lowtax. But why would I pay $15 for "haha yes that game is bad" youtube vids when I can watch "haha yes that movie is bad" RLM vids for free?

PS Lowtax you should somehow do something with RLM because you are also dead inside

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mega64 posted:

Maybe he should consider that there's simply not a high demand of his style of videos anymore and he's not going to get a lot of money out of being a Youtube celebrity without putting actual effort into it. Making a living from it is pretty much a full-time job where you have to churn a lot of content to stay relevant.

It might be time to consider other revenue sources (like, say, merchandising or new forums upgrades or all the other poo poo people keep recommending every loving time he begs for money).

e:

Gonna miss you mega.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
This is the safest place from which to piss in this well because we can be certain he'll never see it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

Tbf a big part of the disagreement was over whether or not he was abusing his daughter, and the forums are a better place for it

I don't think they outright said it was child abuse, just in bad taste. Could be remembering wrong on that, though. Either way, I don't think having Lauren on the Shmorky-bashing stream was that big a deal myself (especially since Lowtax said doing the stream was her idea), but I do think Lowtax overreacted to the criticism and it's kinda bit him in the rear end as a result.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Mega64 posted:

e:

those people who left were major fuckers who said that he harassed his daughter

this place is better now that they left

their new forum is a cool place, the rules even literally unironically mention trigger warnings

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Docahedron posted:

I loving love Lowtax. But why would I pay $15 for "haha yes that game is bad" youtube vids when I can watch "haha yes that movie is bad" RLM vids for free?

PS Lowtax you should somehow do something with RLM because you are also dead inside

I think lowtax would have fun with my fake internet friends.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'll give lowtax credit, it's impossible to make lots of money from youtube even if you have millions of subscribers. the site's hosed with their payment algorithm so much over the past couple years and now it massively favors corporations, brands, and tv shows

regardless, a one-time $10 payment to browse these dying forums provides more entertainment than a $12 monthly payment to watch crappy games with riffing

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
you are a big homo if you actually make LPs, lowtax included

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Hogge Wild posted:

their new forum is a cool place, the rules even literally unironically mention trigger warnings
let me guess, voidburger is the main admin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Reading Lowtax's twitter, I think he begins to understand that his initial approach wasn't exactly well-thought through. He's already cut the price of the tier in half, and promises to adjust as the time goes on.

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/867781252874514433

He's going to be fine, imo.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 25, 2017

• Locked thread