Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Wildling dude is never gonna get to bone Brianne because Jamie is :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Not sure how I feel about Dr. Branhattan

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

My biggest gripe with the show is that they've mowed through the vast majority of the supporting cast at this point so I can't really picture anything coming way out of left field this season considering it's the second to last.

I guess that's a problem with any established series that goes this long though :shrug:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

First 3 episodes got leaked last time iirc

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

He's basically Dr Manhattan without a giant glowing blue penis or any of the cool destructive powers

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Rickon was the most worthless character but they finally killed his rear end off

This also reminds me from last episode, Bron laughing like an idiot at Dickon's name

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Rheagar and Lyanna weren't married though. He is a bastard through and through, just a royal one

The notes Gilly found state that Rhaegar's previous marriage was annulled and a secret wedding ceremony was carried out. So he's legitimately a Targ

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The first 5 minutes of the leaked episode has more entertaining banter between the characters than the entire rest of the season combined

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

you know we're totally doing to get Drogon/Rhaegal fighting Viserion in the sky and I bet someone flying one of them probably doesnt make it either

Bran is going to warg into Rhaegal with both winding up dead by the end of it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Well they did have books 4 and 5 to work with which are far loving worse than Season 5. It took them 4 seasons to work through 90% of the first three books, and they plowed through 4 and 5 in under a season because they're that loving bad.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Cersei is so goddamn dumb and keeps trying to play 15th dimension chess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-fPqhXZrOE&t=131s

Tywin had her pegged for that poo poo long ago

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

Garbage predictions for this garbage show:

-Dany will die in Jon's arms, Jon will become king of the seven kingdoms
-All the dragons will be dead at the end
-Clegane bowl will happen, and the hound will win
-dickless will manage to save his sister and kill euron somehow

I'll pirate the show if I watch it at all next season, what a retarded ending. loving holywood writers ruin everything with their save the cat template bullshit

-Bran is going to warg into not-Drogon to gently caress up the Night King's dragon and end up getting the dragon and himself killed
-Jamie is going to dick down Brienne
-The Hound is going to win the Clegane bowl by overcoming his fear of fire

Then again this isn't so much prediction as hilariously obvious poo poo they've been more or less telegraphing for 4 seasons now

Also in just pure conjecture, lets say the Night King wins. Isn't like the entire other half of the world going to be completely ok since they can't swim?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So the mercenaries Cersei hired number 20,000 right? Why is this treated as this massive game changer when the Dany has like 200k easily without even factoring in the North?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Flikken posted:

It's amazing what years of constant warfare has done to the size of the armies.

IIRC Renly had like 80K, Rob had over 20K Stannis had 10K plus when he went to the wall. I wonder if the Army size shrinking has more to do with the show runners telling GRRM "hey dude you know those numbers are way to big for medieval armies?"than attrition?

They're still pretty loving huge. Like how the gently caress do you feed and supply 150k Dothraki+Horses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Where'd this number of 150/200k dothraki come from?

She's brought basically every Khalasar from Essos on over to Westeros. Khal Drogo's Khalasar was something like 40,000, and she's acquired like 10 more Khalasars after she burned them alive. Even like 40k is still an obscene amount of people and horses to supply.

• Locked thread