Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
That tease with Nymeria was complete bullshit but I guess it just means she's gonna show up and save Arya at some point. Why else would they even bother. Also holy gently caress that bit where misandei was like "Oh lol it could mean prince OR princess" was loving painfully stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In the post-episode commentary on HBO Now, Benioff and whatshisname specifically mention the relevance of that scene, and how Arya saying "That's not you" before smiling is a MASSIVE CALLBACK to the first season, where Ned tells her she'll grow up to be a pretty wife of a knight with children and all that good stuff, and she says "That's not me."
So she realizes that as little as she can be domesticated, she can't expect Nymeria to go back to being a domesticated pet or sidekick, because "that's not her".

I mean...I kinda see where they're coming from, but you can basically hear them say "Oh boy, is the audience going to think we're ever so smart when they get this"

It's the GoT version of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc01ztrRqyg

Oh gently caress, I just watched that episode the other day too, ugh. That's so lame :rolleyes:

e] I totally thought we were gonna get a full frontal of Greyworm's ken-doll parts too

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 25, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
It really irks me that Arya is apparently pronounced "Ar-ya" and not "Ar-rya" it sounds so fuckin stupid when they say it

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Bolow posted:

Not sure how I feel about Dr. Branhattan

Grownup Bran is so weird-lookin he makes me lol every time he's on-screen. They shoulda perma-warged him into my boi Hodor

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I just wanna see the dothraki get loving steamrolled by a winter/heavy cavalry knight combo

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
they're all off getting a finger in the bum from Euron

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Sergg posted:

They showed how deadly armored knights are at the Battle of the Bastards IMO, and also when Stannis decimated the Wildling Army.

Oh yea Tywin & Loras hosed up Stannis' army at blackwater with cavalry as well.

The trial by combat was dumb as hell though. Dude fuckin gassed out in like 2 minutes flat.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 2, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Arya also tries to swordfight a bunch of people before she goes to braavos and is never shown as being anything more than a useless kid with a sword.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Godholio posted:

This really doesn't mean anything. Her performance at that point was just to move her from point A to point B. The story needed her to go to Braavos and the House of Black and White or whatever, so she needed to be awful.
Of course it means something. This is a bizarre and pointless thing to argue dude. You can't just arbitrarily decide that poo poo she's seen doing doesn't mean anything because it doesn't fit your lame-rear end fanfic.

e] yea way to prove my point

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 10, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I'm calm dude. I'm calmer'n you are :colbert:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Sorry man, let's get this back on track with some help from our friends in gbs -

COMRADES posted:

And if so can he warg into an earlier version of himself but after he already gained warg powers and just repeatedly warg like 1-2 seconds back right as he is cumming?

:stare:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea I just rewatched that episode and his whole speech to Varys is fuckin creepy even without the Ros pincushion reveal

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
How the gently caress do y'all nerds know which dragon is which besides Drogon? anway I'm hype as gently caress for ICE ZOMBIE DRAGON! FIRE VS ICE DRAGON SHOWDOWN!! it's gonna be like the perfect lovely metal album art come to life :allears:
Man I was legit worried when I thought they were gonna let Tormund eat it in the most lovely and drawn out way possible too.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm disappointed that they didn't, frankly. I get that Jon, Cerisi and Dany have plot armor until the end, but the rest of these fuckers need to get put back in play. What happens of Tormund bites the dust? We don't get to see whether or not he convinces Brienne to let him show her how they keep warm north of the wall?

Eh, they're probably gonna kill Arya.

Yea I totally get that too, you can see pretty clearly when they ran out of books to follow cos they've gone straight back to every main character having classic tv/hollywood plot armour. So you get poo poo like the Tarlys being burned after they were like, bit parts for 2 episodes or the loving random number of wildling fodder last episode that are virtually never shown except to die. And Benjen out of nowhere was the most pointless one of all.

And yea Tormund dying woulda been fine really but I'm glad there's a chance for him and Hound to be bros now.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Dead Reckoning posted:

Willingness to kill likable characters that you wanted to see stick around was part of what made this show great in the first place.

Uh yea dude, that's what I was just saying with the whole plot armour thing. I was agreeing with you :shrug:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Can't believe the wishes for violence against those good draggos :(

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Goddamn can't believe I got suckered by Cersei's bullshit. Still somehow underestimated how much of a dumb spitefull rear end in a top hat she is. Hound continues to own everyone.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
SHOCK TWIST The Hound is actually the lord of light! omg

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
It's hollywood writing, there's no acual sense to it, it's literally whoever they say it is. Like a bunch of no-armour no-shirt desert warrior tribe dudes going to a loving winter map and being some kind of unstoppable terror :colbert:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I really doubt it's ever gonna happen now :smith: gently caress has he even got them out of Meereen yet?

e] Did Cersei's Queensguard have that fuckin rad stormtrooper-lookin armour all season or just last episode?

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 29, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I had a feeling it had, but fuckin zombie mountain just suddenly seemed even huger.

Cersei's evil queen outfit owns too

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
My fave Mountain was when he ragequit the tourney and fuckin cut his horses head off :stare: That dude had some rage.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

weird how i never noticed, especially since the second guy looks nothing like the others besides being a white guy with brown hair

OG Mountain was the poo poo, Strongthor can barely play a shambling zombie without looking awkward and weird.

e] Second Form Mountain looks like he got real weird and introspective while he was torturing some folks in Harrenhal.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
That's the least GoT character name I've ever heard

• Locked thread