Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
gently caress books!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Wight supremacy! I hope those loving dragons get mauled by thousands of zombies and walkers and the entirety of westeros is washed into the sea

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Honestly I'm still cheering for the Canadians because everyone south of the wall sucks aside from the wildling dude and Jamie

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm glad the Sandsnakes are dead, I'm glad Yara isn't because Yara owns and her perpetual airing out of her bisexuality in front of her castrated brother never got old. Someone needs to .gif her "I just can't help it" shrug when Sand is getting up on her. My only question now is who Euron is going to end up jobbing out to.

Euron just demonstrated that he's too hard to get got by anything less than a dragon

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Dead Reckoning posted:

I would fully approve of this.

Also, I forgot to :lol: at their solution to the dragon problem: a ballista! It can put an arrow into a stationary dragon skull from all the way across the room! Good thing dragons don't move around much. I'm sure it work anyway for drama purposes.

They're def gonna build a couple hundred of those for the walls, that was just a proof of concept.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

ded posted:

That kind of blew my mind. No I don't want to risk burning them so instead I'll have them all suffer starvation because it's never the common folk who suffer the worst under a siege.

I think the idea is more that a direct assault will harden the convictions of the other kingdoms, but If they do it right they can align everyone against cersei and the royal court.

They're taking a hearts and minds approach and will assuredly fail

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

not a single rear end in a top hat thought it would be a good idea to have a shield or helmet on while fighting a boarding action. literally the first two pieces of protective gear that even the lowliest peasant would aquire, but the king of the iron isles cant be bothered cuz he has plot armor and the show runners think that poorly of their audiences comprehension

Furthermore it is well understood that dragonscales represent a first layer of protection that would likely deflect most ballista heads prior to them dispensing enough kinetic force to split the skull. Additionally, smough from LOTR said:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
This show is starting to become more reminiscent of the board game instead of the books.but w/e

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Flikken posted:

Oh look, Jon Snow is the rightful ruler of Westeros.

If he's Rheagars son then Daenerys is still his aunt and depending on how succession is determined able to lay a claim?

Doh this show made me forget that Queens are a brand new thing

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

TCD posted:

Well it usually goes to the first born.

Jon is the first born of Rhaegar from a legitimate marriage with a noble house which certainly makes his claim more than Daenerys.

But Dany is Rheagars sister, and thead king was still alive when Rheagars died, so Dany would still be in the line of succession before Jon

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Victor Vermis posted:

Succession doesn't bounce back up to Rhaegar's siblings until Rhaegar's children are wiped out. Which they were. And now they aren't.

Rhaegar was never king so I don't think you're right about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I uh, remember everything. I def remember all 4 of those memories that confirm Jon is actually Aegon.

• Locked thread