Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khym
Jun 11, 2002
You. You worked for six months on a structured prediction method. Your message-passing algorithm implicitly maximized approximate entropy over the marginal polytope. It theoretically elegant and has proven convergence guarantees! Learning is a simple matter of gradient ascent on that noisy objective which is exponentially complex to evaluate (lol). It was a nightmare to implement, and it didn't work as well as logistic regression, because gently caress you.

Your Model, unfortunately, is a Piece of poo poo. Welcome to the club of actually doing machine learning, where the only thing that's always true is that approximately interesting => probably incorrect.

This thread is for people who are currently finding the kitty in the picture or want to learn how. Also, for wildly shitposting when you're trying to figure out what the gently caress is happening in your symbolic computation graph because print statements get optimized out unless that print has a downstream op so you need to set something equal to the result of the print because why on earth would anything ever just work and make sense? Why would you want that at all? Let the tensors flow over you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khym
Jun 11, 2002

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
my model predicts that the best course of action in to "gan thread, bas op"

so not quite there but pretty good

Khym
Jun 11, 2002

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

my model predicts that the best course of action in to "gan thread, bas op"

so not quite there but pretty good

idgi but here's more weird heads

oh wait

Khym fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 26, 2017

Khym
Jun 11, 2002

Khym
Jun 11, 2002
https://twitter.com/boredyannlecun/status/862150316724072449

Khym
Jun 11, 2002

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i like lode runner

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

my model is very bad

Khym
Jun 11, 2002

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

reposting http://oneweirdkerneltrick.com/

Khym
Jun 11, 2002

amazing

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
seriously though where are those face gifs from and is there a paper or something about them?

Khym
Jun 11, 2002
A machine vision system was developed to identify corn kernel breakage based on kernel shape profile for automated corn quality inspection.

https://elibrary.asabe.org/abstract.asp?aid=28547&t=2&redir=&redirType=

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Khym posted:

amazing

i fuckin love every one of their papers

Khym
Jun 11, 2002

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

seriously though where are those face gifs from and is there a paper or something about them?

it popped up on my twitters today

https://twitter.com/prostheticknowl/status/868114244260286464

Khym
Jun 11, 2002
I've never figured out why kernel is so overloaded in ML (and CS in general)

wtf does a cnn filter (kernel) have to do with a similarity matrix (kernel)? Why is it the same thing as the thing that talks to hardware for me?

Khym
Jun 11, 2002
in hindsight that OP was a little manic but I think it accurately captures what it feels like to write and debug ML code

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

why are they using that guy from film photography project?

Khym
Jun 11, 2002

Khym
Jun 11, 2002
loving hell

https://twitter.com/quasimondo/status/868003676534837248

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

R has several COBOL libraries and dependencies depending o. your modeling, which is especially hilarious when they break

Khym
Jun 11, 2002

Share Bear posted:

R has several COBOL libraries and dependencies depending o. your modeling, which is especially hilarious when they break

One of the nice things about neural nets is that high-quality engineering organizations have written new code

Old stuff eventually calls some fortran library that no one has understood for decades and it's spooky as gently caress

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

chome, but in the style of lomarf

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Khym posted:

Your Model, unfortunately, is a Piece of poo poo.

i started building gundam models for a kid at the hospice and i really loving hate it, how do people have patience to sit there and sand and polish and mask and paint poo poo for like 200 hours for fun

like, what a waste of time

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I installed tensor flow and went through the tutorial then I realized that I don't really remember any math and have no idea how to do something useful with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
basically you throw some network together using whatever units and architecture your guts tell you would work best for your problem and then you throw the same data at it until it looks like it works but not for too long either or it'll gently caress up when you show it new data

if it doesn't work you should probably just throw more new data at it until it does or maybe gently caress with some hyperparameters

there might be some vector calculus and linear algebra poo poo in there or something idk who cares

• Locked thread