Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

amber is the color of my energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

anyway ask me anything about 3d printing, i am a super expert and know everything

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's extremely useful when used appropriately!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Suspicious posted:

how many guns have you printed?

none, unless you count toy ray guns, in which case 3

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

p solid vapor smoothing there

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

what's your budget? and is this for job stuff or hobby stuff? i.e. is it worth spending significantly more to get a more reliable machine that doesn't require much calibration, or can you spend time hacking around and absorb the occasional failed part?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yes their software is phenomenally bad

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i just realized suddenly -- and i have no idea why i didn't get this before -- that leeloo in the 5th element is basically 3d printed. that's crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mmmm nah. clones in movies are usually sort of grown in a vat from an embryo. in the 5th element she is literally assembled by little robot arms putting pieces of bone and muscle together in the right structure.

• Locked thread