Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

The future is here! Through the magic of computers you can turn your uninspired dreams into lovely low-resolution plastic reality. As it turns out, when presented with this miracle of modern technology most people wind up downloading their favorite cartoon character or stupid spinning things to keep their spergy hands occupied.

But not this captain of industry! No, I've chosen instead to develop audacious designs of breathtaking vision and have brought them to life with the power of Open Source Hardware.

BRB putting together a video with lots of hand-clappy music for my kickstarter page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

The utility of a 3D printer is heavily dependent upon your ability to create your own designs in 3D. Buying a 3D printer when you can't use the tools to create models is like buying a 2D printer without the ability to type up your own documents.

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

And yes of course I just downloaded a thing from thingiverse, who has time to learn how to use 3D design tools.

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

This entire effort was developed to trigger and self identify amberPOS jerks like yourself

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

I printered up a CNC wood mill that actually mills wood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3CTko1PwI

Now my printer is loving up and I don't know why. Replaced nozzle and running another print and hoping for the best.

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

This part right here is the magical bit. The nozzle design underneath sucks the gently caress out of that dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

Prusa I3 mk2s. Best printer for under $1500.

• Locked thread