Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Ries favorites any instagram post about food, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Really Pants posted:

I can't get over Josette beaming vacantly into space whilst petting a cat
Hell, that's roughly what I do when I pet a cat, so I can't blame her.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Omobono posted:

Were he and Kevin acquaintances before W went heretic? Because using the Salt Pale for the executions is the sort of pettiness usually reserved for personal slights.

I thought the implication was that Kevin was ordered to use the Pale on Weissmann. I didn't think it was his choice, not that he particularly cared how he killed Georgie boy.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Junpei posted:

Cassius committee

Campanella got that job, if I recall.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Where does her hair go? There's no way it all fits in that itty bitty hat

Wig technology seems to be pretty advanced in Liberl, considering Kloe's wigs, so it's probably just that.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Yeah, she got pretty cagey when Zin and Walter's plot started, and I took that as her dealing with frustration.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Yeah, she started with nothing (orphan on the streets), got effectively all she could ask for (the Harvey Troupe became her family and place to belong), and then that got ripped out from under her and she had nearly nothing again. This time, she knew the Brights and went to them for guidance, but you don't go through whiplash like that without it doing something to your personality.

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 4, 2017

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Yeah, Agate seems to see Tita as a surrogate little sister, and it's everyone else who keeps harping on about "the aesthetic beauty of age gaps in a relationship" or whatever the hell. I honestly can't blame him for reacting as defensively as he does when someone brings it up.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Say it with me, one more time:

Estelle's the best.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I mean, Olivier isn't wrong about the uniform comment.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

At this point, I'm expecting Sieg to be the next recruitable party member.

He came with Kloe.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Man, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was such a good game. That's the same basic problem the people of Liber Ark came up against, right?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

It's also what they thought of him for a while.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

At least the illusory person knowing they aren't real and being fine with it has precedence. Estelle's mom in the dream in SC, Celeste in this game... it's a consistent thing.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

nrook posted:

It's a good thing Kurt gets to look like a badass in Schera's moon door, because man, bad things happen to him every time he's on screen in the main story.

Except for that one time where the bad thing was completely staged.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Lost between all of Cassius's amazing feats and reputation is the fact that the man is, very slightly, a dork.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

vdate posted:

I think he's operating on the premise that if you're sufficiently rad in other respects, it goes from 'being a dork' to 'personal idiosyncracy'.

Yeah, but I think Estelle comes by hers naturally, and from what little we know about Lena Bright, I don't think it was from her.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

This is a bad habit, man.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Schwarzmann the Noseless, or something like that.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Explosions posted:

In fairness, they only look exactly like he imagines them.

If I were plunged into my own recreation of literal Christian hell, I would be like "Lucifer himself! Just as the scriptures describe him! Uncanny!" and my companions would be probably too polite to say "that is the robot devil from Futurama."

Except Ries can also identify them.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

One of the things I found really important about this door is the existence of someone who can make Campanella drop his trickster personality and talk respectfully.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Billzasilver posted:

This got me thinking about how strong the Society is, compared to the church. The Gralsritter certainly seem to be on the same level as the enforcers, if Rufina really was as strong as Loewe. And having up to 20 Dominion sure seems like it could handle any Anguis.

And then I laughed at the idea of power levels in a series were every character is humble enough to explain why they actually lost that fight.

I think there are a good deal less than 20 Dominions.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

8 is almost 10, which is a "good deal" relative to 20. I'm still right, maybe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Glazius posted:

And, uh... how are they going to get down from there?

Very carefully.

• Locked thread