Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
Ah poo poo, Kevin just accidentally started a war with Erika. I can practically hear her now.

: I can't believe the Septian Church stole my Tita just because they couldn't handle their nun being the cutest force in the universe! Don't worry Tita, mommy's building the biggest robot to rescue you with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

I'm almost scared of what Agates reaction is going to be when he finally meets up with Tita now. I'm half convinced he's going to start screaming as he tries to catch where Erika is about to ambush him from.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Really Pants posted:

Taste Ries's pieces, evildoers!

Auuuuuuuuuugh. Really man? That was terrible. :(

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

vdate posted:

I really have no other explanation for how he keeps managing to survive the poo poo he finds himself in. Frankly his ability to survive every one of his screwups and keep on trucking is at the point where if he actually learned anything from those failures he might actually be threatening! Fortunately, y'know, Gilbert.

My personal theory is he's Campanella's pet project to see if he can't make a complete and hilarious gently caress up a viable threat, for funsies.

My backup theory is that Aidos granted him divine protection so there's always comic relief.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

After having played the Cold Steel games, I can say I easily appreciate the amount of foreshadowing and little hints they drop here and there about how hosed up Erebonia is, and the kind of dude their chancellor actually is.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Really Pants posted:

Well, it's part of Agate's story too. If the Ravens had come to the guild before he met Estelle and Tita, he would have probably just told them to piss off.

That's a good point, it's really a nice way of showing just how far Agate's come from when we met him originally. I'm kinda hoping we get to see Rocco and the gang as seniors in a cameo later in the series, or at least get mentioned. There's a fair chance they'll at least get the second in CS3 hopefully.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

AweStriker posted:

It's "(Shin) Reppa Musougeki", which if I remember translates as something like "(True) Rapid Unbeatable Attack".

Estelle is not subtle.

Subtlety is for people whose choice of weapons aren't very large sticks. This is the true reason Joshua is around, otherwise every place Estelle went to would be accompanied by explosions and ultra violence.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Oh come on, making things explode is Erika's job. Estelle doesn't have grenades.

While true, I didn't necessarily say that Estelle would be the cause of the explosions, they just have a nasty habit of following her. I mean a short list of things that have exploded around Estelle: Other peoples grenades, air ships, regular monsters, archaisms, well laid plans.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

I swear, this series has a way of making me misty eyed. I really love that the game has ways of showing us just how far our cast has come from the first time we've met them, or in Joshua's case, before we even met him really. Though he still had a far way to go, he was definitely pretty far from his paranoid loner status by the time we got him in FC.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

For reference, this is what a Rhinocider looks like in Cold Steel.

That's the literal definition of a thing you don't want to gently caress with.

Lynkericious fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jul 19, 2017

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Junpei posted:

Raise your hand if you wish Orbments existed IRL.

gently caress that. Our regular criminals are already super bad, lets not forget the Cartels and whatnot. Do you really want them to be able to also throw fireballs, start tornadoes, and mindrape you into attacking your friends on top of that?

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Junpei posted:

...sometimes, I legitimately cannot tell if a person is being serious or sarcastic over the Internet. This is one of those times.

A little of Column A, a little of Column B. Take my advice and just ignore 90% of what I say, it's stupid most of the time.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

I wasn't even gonna vote, but I have to for the Thing since everyone is obviously picking the wrong team.

Thing: Anelace, Renne, Tita, Ries

Cuteness is Justice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

God that was a great ending. I'm not gonna lie, I started crying during it, these games are super well written and it's great seeing them really picking up steam on this side of the world.

• Locked thread