Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's...poo poo I forgot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Erpy posted:

Apparantly the Septian Scriptures have been very, very detailed about what Gehenna and some of its inhabitants look like. That's why Kevin and Ries were able to instantly recognize the various devils they fought at the end of the tiers.

a good half of the Testaments is just "this is my original character Shadow DarkBlade Talon, he is half-devil and half-angel and half-kitsune, he is stronger than any jaeger and can control birds and is the President of Hell, thou shalt not steal"

this is why we have apocrypha

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The first two screenshots of Kevin's "transforming" sequence are reversed.

That's how it is in the game. Kevin does the little HAAAAA to warm up, then he clenches a fist to his chest and goes HAAAAAAAAAA for real

that's why he passed out that first time: he forgot the warmup

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 5, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Glazius posted:

...so now are we playing Trails in the Tactics, a Suikoden 2 spinoff, for the tactical descent into Hell?

actually this is the beginning of the rhythm game spin-off Dancing With The Wind

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Alright I need four people for the Abyss, and three to join Anelace for a thing afterwards.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've heard there's one team that gets a special remark from the Cheerful Host. Is that the one?

e: looks like it isn't, unless I'm doing something wrong

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 8, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

- The weapons I made were Photon Sword (Reis), Sphere Soleil (Estelle), Dino Fossil (Agate), and Houkiboshi (Richard). I don't have much opinion on who the LP should give them to though.

I now have all sixteen(fifteen? seventeen?) so not to worry

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Not just for an LP, no.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Only Kevin and Ries' ultimates have anything like a drawback(less ATS). Except for Anelace, everyone else's Zemurian Ore weapon is unequivocally their best. If you only ever use arts or items with certain characters then they can get by just fine without them, although e.g. Schera and Kloe will still get the most possible ATS from their Zemurian weapons.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 10, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

This sidestory contains references to sexual abuse.

If you have any reason to want to avoid such a subject, consider skipping this update.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

On top of all the rest of it, Renne's Enforcer title, number, and outfit are apparently remnants of her former life. The society is forcing her to remember it every day.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 10, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ultrafilter posted:

Do you actually have to replay this every time through?

If you want the achievements for clearing higher difficulties, you have to complete every door again. I never did manage to beat the Ravens' star door on Hard or Nightmare.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Future updates will be delayed until the cable's back on.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I think there are a good deal less than 20 Dominions.

Ries mentioned at the start of Chapter 5 that there are never more than twelve. Plus nobody's never specified how long it can take to find a new Stigma bearer after one of them catches the wrong end of a bullet/sword/dragon/atomic fireball/pistol that's also a boomerang/chainsaw halberd that's also a motorbike/etc.

We'll soon face a momentous choice; indeed, the final choice.

Choose four parties for the endgame: four characters to face the Golden Giant, four to battle the Black Guardian, four to brave the Crimson Lizard, and two to stand with Kevin and Ries against the World's Will.

Whatever those are supposed to be.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Sep 15, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

yes that was the end, thank you for reading

The dungeon parts were quick to slap together into an update and there's not much to discuss, so I figured let's just knock those out.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I like putting Estelle up against the Golden Giant because she says 'Frick'

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I just noticed that in the finishing Chain Craft on Gespenst, Mueller did as much damage as Kloe, Olivier, and Julia put together.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

fun fact: Phantasma is Styx Stigma certified

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

XainZero posted:

It was, in fact, Ries who died.

you should have been more Riesponsible

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Glazius posted:

And, uh... how are they going to get down from there?

Well, there were stairs.

I know I said Estelle and Joshua aren't the main characters but that doesn't mean they don't steal the show sometimes

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Glazius posted:

Clearly, he's going to become DWCA - the Dominion Without a Cool Acronym.

there's one whose title is 'The Partitioner' so I don't think Ein is that serious

• Locked thread