Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

General Maximus posted:

If it works like similar things in other games do, you can claim a key each day and they'll sit in a stack (Most games I've played that have them they stack to 100 or so?) in your inventory until you use them. But if you don't claim it on any given day, you don't get to then claim two the next day. The one you didn't claim is just gone, lost forever. Ultimately, it's mostly meant to keep you logging in each day.

On the other hand if Funcom decided to be different and do their own random thing, then who the hell knows.

You get it as part of your daily login rewards so this is probably the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
For any one playing the beta are there any fun combo of weapons besides the starter suggested classes? Are the outfit sets for unlocking weapon combo still in?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

BexGu posted:

For any one playing the beta are there any fun combo of weapons besides the starter suggested classes? Are the outfit sets for unlocking weapon combo still in?

I haven't gotten to test much other than the starters due to the frequent wipes and the time it takes to unlock and level others. Blade, Hammer, and Shotgun are all really fun weapons and any combination of them would be good. You can actually get away with a blade only build that works really well (because of the special effect of blade). Blood was interesting for people who like casters. I liked AR when it was the first weapon I played but after playing any other weapon I can't recommend it any more. Chaos is interesting but I didn't do a lot of testing there. Pistols seems strong with all the debuffs so Pistol/Hammer, Pistol/Blade, or Pistol/Chaos will probably be strong dps builds.

And yes the outfits are still in.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Whos making the goon guild (Its cross faction now right) for launch? Ill dump a few hours into this game ,though i won't go all in until i see if they improve tokyo and Aegis.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Lawlicaust posted:

I haven't gotten to test much other than the starters due to the frequent wipes and the time it takes to unlock and level others. Blade, Hammer, and Shotgun are all really fun weapons and any combination of them would be good. You can actually get away with a blade only build that works really well (because of the special effect of blade). Blood was interesting for people who like casters. I liked AR when it was the first weapon I played but after playing any other weapon I can't recommend it any more. Chaos is interesting but I didn't do a lot of testing there. Pistols seems strong with all the debuffs so Pistol/Hammer, Pistol/Blade, or Pistol/Chaos will probably be strong dps builds.

Would Pistols/Shotgun be worthwhile or no?

Also who all plans to jump in on release vs Steam release? Seems like it'd be a safer bet to jump in at Steam release, so that's when I'm coming back.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rookersh posted:

Also who all plans to jump in on release vs Steam release? Seems like it'd be a safer bet to jump in at Steam release, so that's when I'm coming back.

i like pain and i'd be missing precious free things since i'm a grandmaster so I'll be there day one

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Lawlicaust posted:

Fist is similar to Blade in it requiring a lot of hotbar real estate. You can pretty much run all Fist abilities with some low-micro secondary, such as Shotgun/Hammer/Chaos, so you have something to dump while you're waiting on Fist resource. The Fist special effect lasts way too short though

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Len posted:

i like pain and i'd be missing precious free things since i'm a grandmaster so I'll be there day one

I too will be in the game on day one.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

What day is day one? I might give it a shot

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Capntastic posted:

What day is day one? I might give it a shot

June 26th it launches , you will need to download client from the main website.
July ???? it launches on steam, you can grab it there.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Exmond posted:

Thanks

Can't wait to goof around and spin in circles to hit things with a sword

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Exmond posted:

July 31 on Steam

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Rookersh posted:

You could probably run a pretty strong debuff build with pistols and shotguns. Shotgun is a tanuking weapon now so one ability line is pure tanking (5 abilities in a line), one is utility, and one is damage. The damage line has really strong single target and AoE. The shells give you a lot of versatility on whether you wnat to heal, dot, or debuff the target.

In addition to the Shell mechanic, shotguns has some really good passives like Evens and Odds: When you have an even number of shells remaining, 15% bonus damage to your next finisher; when you have an odd number remaining, 70% bonus damage to your next basic attack. Combine that with some other passives and the right shell type and you poo poo out damage.

I solo'd one of the level 15 Kingsmouth group bosses last night because of the shotgun healing and damage.

I'm probably going to go Shotgun/Hammer or Shotgun/Blade at launch.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Am I blind or is provoke (single target taunt) missing from hammer? I don't see any taunt abilities at all, which scares me. In tsw I was doing a hammer / shotgun tank which I enjoyed a lot but keeping aggro early on was hard.

I didn't play much in the beta outside of checking out random combat mechanics but tanking felt a lot weaker than the dps builds. I guess that's to be expected but it makes leveling a nightmare.

I also don't care for the shotgun gimmick since I found it hard to empty all my shells to trigger a reload.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Is there any place to read up on the skills for each weapon? Or is it basically just wait until release before a skill builder is released.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Fist/Blood does seem like the angriest build, and I never played with either in the game before. Might as well give that a shot.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

BexGu posted:

Is there any place to read up on the skills for each weapon? Or is it basically just wait until release before a skill builder is released.

There's nowhere that has them due to NDA.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Any word if stuff like the old ARG things carries over?

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
So they've said some of the more time consuming achievement rewards are going to carry over with the same achievements having new rewards in SWL. Anyone know offhand if that includes the monster hunter and/or lair raider jackets?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Are achievements finally going to loving be account-based?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Played a bit of beta and was overwhelmed with how much things had been changed, not always necessarily for the better.

For those who've played a bunch, is there any real element of customization at higher levels like there used to be? Experimenting with builds was one of my favorite things about the game...

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

It's kind of too early to tell but there's a bunch of gear with different levels of stats and special effects/procs on them at least, so some of the customization is being offloaded onto equipment grind instead of mixing and matching passives. I don't think there's any passive ability with any synergy with another weapon and most of the time it's easier to go 90% into your primary weapon and just use your secondary for an alternate consumer. There's way fewer total combinations possible but probably way more viable options? Since most people just ran all those stacking % damage buffs anyway.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

novaSphere posted:

Since most people just ran all those stacking % damage buffs anyway.

Until flat damage procs were proved superior that is.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
There are definitely less trash abilities. Each weapon gets three skill lines now. One line is pure damage, the other improves the weapon special effects, the last is more about the role of the weapon (damage/tank/heal). For passives, there are several lines that improve abilities, several for role, and several for weapon special effect.

You will probably change builds depending on whether you need more self-sustain, debuffs, role change, etc within each weapon. Some also to playstyle. I haven't done a tone of testing of build versus build but there is good variety. There are very few abilities now that I think are absolute trash.

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

As a person who has kind of struggled with Action Combat MMOs in the past, how bad is this game. Last one I tried was Neverwinter and it was meh. Well, that and there was an annoying bug where my Paladin would raise his shield like a Guardian and not trigger the aura. Tanking was less intuitive for me in an action combat setting.

How does this game handle such things?

Either way I'll be there on release, FREE GAME!

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Hmm, I guess it's not that big of a deal, but I'm pleased...

https://twitter.com/SecretWorldLgds/status/872868401122881538

(how the gently caress do you embed tweets...)

3 day early head start for anyone who signed up for the beta, even if you didn't get in. One response says it also includes tsw players but it's unclear if that's automatic or not.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Breidr posted:

As a person who has kind of struggled with Action Combat MMOs in the past, how bad is this game. Last one I tried was Neverwinter and it was meh. Well, that and there was an annoying bug where my Paladin would raise his shield like a Guardian and not trigger the aura. Tanking was less intuitive for me in an action combat setting.

How does this game handle such things?

Either way I'll be there on release, FREE GAME!

Well there you go Neverwinter is loving terrible

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Richard M Nixon posted:

Hmm, I guess it's not that big of a deal, but I'm pleased...

https://twitter.com/SecretWorldLgds/status/872868401122881538

(how the gently caress do you embed tweets...)

3 day early head start for anyone who signed up for the beta, even if you didn't get in. One response says it also includes tsw players but it's unclear if that's automatic or not.

Well I've received nothing from Funcom in my inbox despite being a longtime (non-lifetime) TSW player who signed up for the beta and didn't get in anyway, so who the gently caress knows.

Not that fussed, I'll get in whenever.

^ Also yes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everyone who has played TSW in the last 30 days gets into the beta today, so I assume that also adds them to the headstart pool.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Aphrodite posted:

Everyone who has played TSW in the last 30 days gets into the beta today, so I assume that also adds them to the headstart pool.

That would explain it. I deleted my install of TSW when Legends was announced because I didn't see a reason to keep it. Oh well!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It dies with my SSD and I can't be arsed to download it before then.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Oh gently caress I just realized that unless lairs are instanced, no more zerging bosses and super fun 50x summon chain runs. The 10 player cap per instance will make things tough. Has anyone tested how it impacts group formation? If your instance is full, how does using the meet up command work? I wonder if parties can get their own private instance.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Guess it's time to think up a cabal name. Awful industries was a poo poo name, let's not repeat that. I'm always partial to the good old goon squad, maybe something with bees or Lowtax. Maybe a filth related joke? I'm not good at puns, please send help.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

can't wait to see an otherwise unchanged golem event with a 10 player max :suicide:

edit: anyone know what timezone the tsw forums are in? either my ban message is hosed or they lied and i don't get back into the beta today

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Richard M Nixon posted:

Oh gently caress I just realized that unless lairs are instanced, no more zerging bosses and super fun 50x summon chain runs. The 10 player cap per instance will make things tough. Has anyone tested how it impacts group formation? If your instance is full, how does using the meet up command work? I wonder if parties can get their own private instance.

Filthy Bees.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Goon Squad already implies both bees and filth.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Guess it's time to think up a cabal name. Awful industries was a poo poo name, let's not repeat that. I'm always partial to the good old goon squad, maybe something with bees or Lowtax. Maybe a filth related joke? I'm not good at puns, please send help.

Awful Industries was a great name and who are you again?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Exmond posted:

Awful Industries was a great name and who are you again?

Yeah don't suggest names for the free2play group unless you have credentials you can flex

Serious Beesiness

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Capntastic posted:

Yeah don't suggest names for the free2play group unless you have credentials you can flex

Serious Beesiness

Beecret World

:tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Vote Hive Move On