Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Exmond posted:

Awful Industries was a great name and who are you again?

Awful Industries was exactly as garbage as all of the people who played illuminati.

It's very garbage is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My vote is for Funcompetence if that's no longer blocked by the word filter

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Hey there are a lot of garbage named goon guilds out there. We're all involved in the brand by association.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Richard M Nixon posted:

Hey there are a lot of garbage named goon guilds out there. We're all involved in the brand by association.

E: I like funcompetence but you know it'll be blacklisted. Maybe intentionally misspelling it will work and be an extra dig?

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Keyboard Filth is my half hearted input.

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

Applied Apiary Agriscience
American Foulbrood
Varroa Phlebotomy Services
Varroa Demolitions
Smucker's Royal Jelly
Polly's Pollinators

I was a beekeeper at one point in my life so these are all hella dumb but make me chuckle.

Tyshalob fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 9, 2017

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

The Filth Column

Are horse masks carrying over? Stung Like A Horse

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Richard M Nixon posted:

E: I like funcompetence but you know it'll be blacklisted. Maybe intentionally misspelling it will work and be an extra dig?

I can confirm it's a blacklisted character name dunno about cabals though. That required foresight I doubt they have

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Feel like we should hammer in that the MMO is dying though..

Last Gasp of a Dying MMO?

Age of Conan?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Exmond posted:

Feel like we should hammer in that the MMO is dying though..

Last Gasp of a Dying MMO?

Age of Conan?

"A big ball of meat that bees can buzz around and eat when it dies so that this mmo might be granted one sense of purpose"

hope there's no character limit

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Heres some information about weapons

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/deepdiveweapons/

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Are cabals based on faction? If so, are we going to all pile in one or will there be multiple faction-based cabals?

Never played before so I thought I would ask.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

George Micheal's WAM

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

Breidr posted:

Are cabals based on faction? If so, are we going to all pile in one or will there be multiple faction-based cabals?

Never played before so I thought I would ask.

My understanding is that cabals will now be cross faction.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

We should try and beat The League of Monster Slayers to the name. Steal it right from under them

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Cabals are now cross-faction. Funcompetence was blocked last time I tested it.

Also beta update just went live. Caches were nerfed for anyone under 50. Ghost was updated. And everyone that was in game before this phase got Patron status.

Edit: They have given Raging Shot for shotgun the worst loving sound effect. It sounds like a dog coughing.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 10, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I can't imagine that Patron status is permanent.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Tallgeese posted:

Just for the beta.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Len posted:

My vote is for Funcompetence if that's no longer blocked by the word filter

Funcompitance

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
How about Funcompetent?

Everyone will know what you actually mean but you'll never get pinged for it.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Aniversity? (Or however the pubbies mispelled the anniversary chat channel)

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Lawlicaust posted:

Cabals are now cross-faction. Funcompetence was blocked last time I tested it.

Yay cross-faction. Boo name blocking!

Haven't played a FunCom game since Anarchy Online, and I was there for the "LoL Killer" Bloodline: Champions. Never did play TSW. From the sound of it, some things never change.

Didn't catch onto TSW until it became B2P, and a lot of folks were telling me not to bother at that point.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Wait is the old Secret World still up?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Variable Haircut posted:

Aniversity? (Or however the pubbies mispelled the anniversary chat channel)

I never understood that. "Oh well I made a typo. Instead of fixing it let's just advertise it and move on :downs:"

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Mulva posted:

Wait is the old Secret World still up?

Yes, and it will remain up.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Just FYI for any Gmail users: the beta invite gets filtered to the promotions tab (which I never check).

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Tallgeese posted:

If you're a grandmaster in TSW it supposedly is, otherwise I'd imagine it's just a renamed subscription.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Len posted:

I never understood that. "Oh well I made a typo. Instead of fixing it let's just advertise it and move on :downs:"

TSW people are some of the smartest dumb people I've ever encountered

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

General Maximus posted:

If you're a grandmaster in TSW it supposedly is, otherwise I'd imagine it's just a renamed subscription.

Correct. Everyone who is in this beta phase that was in previous phases gets Patron though.

Edit: Investigation missions now give bags that have vanity items in them. I've gotten shoes and an eye patch so far.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 10, 2017

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Who feels like seeing some crazy obsessive beta posts? Or maybe just one crazy post:

quote:

#1 Character creation: Alright Funcom, what's the deal. Why does a Templar character, which is from London, look asian. I don't care if you are an Asian Developer, or that 90%+ of all games come from Asia, at least make character creation realistic if you are going to have characters based in different regions of the world. The only Asian characters in this game should be Dragons...period. Plus, you did a reboot, yet the character creation got WORSE. It went full potato. The options for hair are atrocious. The faces are ridiculous. The fact that everything is Asian is just stupid, and the characters look the same, if not worse than TSW. Plus, you screwed up one of the greatest parts of TSW.
:sad:

quote:

#2 Class System: WTF! Part of what made TSW great was there was no classes and no leveling. Players loved that, and what did you do....you turned the skill system into some jacked up version of the "wheel" which was amazing, and you added leveling into the game. Now 80% of the quests that used to be there don't even show up until your a certain level. Why? This didn't need to be changed, the old system was perfect. If new players are too stupid to read the wheel system skills and figure out what goes good with what then they need to not play the game anyway. So many games screw up the games for their true players by catering to fucktards who have no common sense and no concept of how to actually play a game. Congratulations Funcom, you have now thrown your game into the trash and lost all the true TSW fans. Need an example of how badly you screwed up, look at what happened to Ultima Online and WoW. They sold out, started catering to noobs who don't understand how MMO's should work and don't want to work hard to earn their gear and places in raids.
:smugdon:

quote:

#3 New upgrade system: Okay, I actually was digging this new system. Until I realized a really major flaw with it. It, like the new class system/skill system caters to new players who don't want to work hard. The old system was perfect. You had to get purples from raids/dungeons/and quests, then farm...GRIND out the BB to get it upgrade, plus go farm glyphs and signets until you got the right one just to get the gear good enough. Now, everyone on their dog can get the same level of gear for absolutely no hard work whatsoever. You took the fun and satisfaction out of the game for those of us who worked hard to get our gear up to max and have the best glyphs and signets possible. Just like WoW, who now hands out epics/legendaries like candy to every player who logs in for an hour a week and has ruined the game for all the people who put hard work into getting geared enough to do normal raids just so they could spend months waiting for that perfect drop that would catapult them to heroic level and repeat.
:trumppop:

quote:

Anyone who agrees with me, I'm going to be giving Black Desert Online a try.
:confused:

quote:

The fact that everything is Asian is just stupid

quote:

I'm going to be giving Black Desert Online a try.
:allears:

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 10, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The crazy is thick enough you could spread it on toast :allears:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Racism, elitism and everything else disagreeable all rolled into a single post. Good stuff.

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Glad I never played the first one so I won't realized how hosed up and Asian this game is compared to the original.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The only insane part of that is the fact that he thought the original game's character creation was one of the initial release's best features.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tbh I don't even remember what my dudes face looks like. Horse mask 24/7 since I got the thing. It's why I won't buy outfits with my stipend because most aren't horse compatible

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

My vote is also for Funcompetence, but if it's filtered... Let's Bee Friends.

Gonna take another whack at the beta. Do Dragon still have the BJ intro? Edit: Of course they do.

Amante fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 10, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

Tbh I don't even remember what my dudes face looks like. Horse mask 24/7 since I got the thing. It's why I won't buy outfits with my stipend because most aren't horse compatible

Could buy me outfits instead, but they count as bonus points. Alas.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

So, if I'm understanding things correctly... current closed beta is just beta and will be wiped; actual game goes live on the 23rd?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

The beta is still closed, not sure what distinction you're going for there. We don't know what time on the 23rd it goes live but there will be a wipe and probably some downtime before then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
My character wore the rocketeer or unicorn mask basically forever