Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I'm not sure I would want to redo the parking garage mission using only their new and revamped and cool reticle targeting camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

thwoompa posted:

Don't forget some of the finest bugs out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRGlolYT_VY

this is the one where you could just keep going with the emote and end up with two gigantic angular pieces sticking out of your face, right?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I thought it was from the mission in Blue Mountain where you had to avoid dudes in a mine while... planting explosives? What was it?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Racism, elitism and everything else disagreeable all rolled into a single post. Good stuff.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

It'll all depend on the update schedule. If Legends gets actual content it'll be no contest. If it lives that long.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Len posted:

Why did I join Sanctuary? They got worse.

Edit: I will never understand the need to go "ah that's better i love ignore buttons" when you mute players.

If the other guy doesn't know you muted him or her, how do you exhibit your moral superiority

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Wait till Tokyo launches and you have to put all the defense towers in your inventory for that stupid quest

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Could someone kindly tell me the final full install size on disk? Trying to clear some space.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Thanks. The patcher is ridiculously inaccurate at estimating size remaining.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

How bad was the pay at Funcom? Go on, spill

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Finally downloaded and installed.

I'm a fan of ranged weapons and so am leaning either shotgun/hammer or pistol/shotgun. Could someone briefly describe the highs and lows of each?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Thanks for the advice. I went with guns guns guns - pistol and shotgun.

I'd forgotten just how atmospheric this game was. It doesn't even matter that I've played through all this before - it's so good that I'm enjoying myself just as much the second time through. What a load of wasted potential TSW was.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

It would be nice if Funcom had chosen a less shady payment processor

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I will never forget the text adventure investigation mission that refused to take obvious descriptors and syntaxes

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

How many people who built the Dreamworld engine still work in a significant role at Funcom? Are they really so short on cash that it's less painful to integrate an aging engine nobody understands with a modern engine instead of just doing everything in the new engine?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

That issue is purestrain everything that Secret World's setting should tap and I'm glad to hear it's now part of the story flow

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

What was the all-shotgun build recommended earlier? I'm having fun with shotguns again but they definitely feel like they eat up most if not all of the skillbar

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

If you don't use all your dungeon keys for the day, do they stock or do they just reset to the daily amount tomorrow?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Balls. Thanks

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Once you're done with an area take the time to run around in anima form and see what's up. There are appropriate... things in most of the setpiece areas you'd expect things to be.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

What would you even buy off the AH to get full orange gear this early into the game

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Wouldn't that require whaling on the order of a few thousand dollars

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The game is really in its element during sections like Tyler Freeborn, where it's channeling its "hosed from page one" vibe

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

basically evaluate the price of the three-pip item on the AH to see if 2500 aurum, converted into marks, is more expensive than just buying the correct quality outright

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

What's the name of the music track that plays while waiting for a Shambala match to begin?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I'm finally brushing up against 50. I know that tanks were supposed to bring impairs in TSW; because of the new skill system in SWL, are tanks or DPS supposed to impair?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Trick Shot doesn't impair unless you slot its passive, right?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

What IS the formula for the calculation, anyway

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I put in a little money to have Patron and the free teleports and quicker cool downs on quests are huge quality of life improvements.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Bruceski posted:

loving Hell this game. I'm in the middle of Crime and Punishment and when I went to pull up a blog I got this sinister page that didn't seem like what I was supposed to find. https://samkreigsightings.wordpress.com/ So I solve the cipher, as you do.

YOUTYPEDKRIEGWRONG

...well played.

This is legitimately hilarious.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Sekenr posted:

If anybody has too much aurum and doesn't know what to spend it on, stealth hoverboard is incredibly useful and normal jump on the spot is a kickflip :D

What does the hover board actually do? Does it stealth you when you sprint past normal enemies?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I spent money on sprint without regret because it's universally useful no matter what I'm running.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

They made the story dungeons sleepwalkable (and that's honestly a good thing)

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The very comprehensive DPS mechanics guide on Reddit has a good breakdown of the various issues surrounding each weapon. The primary problem with Blades is that while they are competitive damage-wise with the other weapons, they require a full 30 seconds or so of melee uptime on the boss to get to that point. Obviously fights are a little more mobile than that and boss mechanics ensure you won't get that amount of free time to sidle right up to a big bad, so Blades struggle to hit their potential output.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

Has anyone else had the issue of the login rewards windows not popping up? I rebooted, did the reloadui command and I'm still not getting the Event rewards window or the daily login rewards window showing up. Anyone have any ideas on what else I could try since if I have to file a petition, it's likely not going to get handled in time for the event box to the end of the event.

Can't you just click on the gift box top left

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

Clicked that and the login rewards in the menu first, even checked the delivered items thing too just in case before I did the reboot and reloadui. Not sure what happened but I ended up knocking out some Windows updates while browsing to see what others tried that had the same problem and after my reboot from the updates, everything popped up fine. :iiam:

I'm glad it worked out.

Does the UI in this game still run on Flash

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

DancingShade posted:

So long as you pressed the button to use the pistol power before the chambers were no longer matched you're good and still get the damage bonus.

That's what some guy from funcom said somewhere (I forget where) and my experience (no parser) seems to generally support it.

Apparently it works like that for unload (skill damage calculated once and then just applied multiple times over) but not for things like All In (where different stages of the skill have different damage amounts and therefore different calculations)

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I didn't test it personally, but the guy who posted the original red chamber build that got nerfed and has done a lot of work on pistols in the forums mentioned it in one of his guides and he's almost certainly done the work for us. He intentionally uses All In in his Full House abuse build before Unload so that he gets the bonus damage on all hits of All In AND the bonus to Unload as well.

Trick Shot is fantastic. I've been using it and Unload as the pistol skills in my shotgun build and between it and the occasional set of armor-piercing shells you can single-handedly keep a boss exposed all of the time and debilitated almost half of the time.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Phanatic posted:

Can you link to any of this?

https://amp.reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6jw5c7/specifics_on_pistols_with_some_analysis_on/

Also, re: best pistols, Flame-Wreathed is fantastic DPS, Anima is slightly less but pistols hit a lot so you'll trigger the heal a lot too (no more than one per second but that's still a shitload). Heavy Caliber is bad - some people have argued that it's actually a DPS loss because you're not gaining enough from the increased red to offset the loss of matches from blue and white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Procs are basically limited by the engine to one per second. Unload is five hits over 2.5 seconds so it'll proc on one, three and five